Nugget Shooter Forums

GPZ 7000

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detector technology is alot like computers-they already had the extras 10 years prior to releasing it :tisk-tisk: -they just give you a little each time and charge you a small fortune for it :nutty: Theres no doubt that minelabs are the cats meow but this cat is sticking to his old school 5000 as its done really WELL for me and still is :head: Yes I did get to fart around with the 2300 for about 15 minutes and welllllllllllllll I still have the 5000 and thats all Im saying :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

also they compare this detector to the 5000 with a 11 inch coil...of course a 14 inch coil will get another 25% depth as it is

I was thinking the same thing. Possibly why they are marketing it with a 14" coil, so they can advertise the 40% gain in depth to the 5000's stock configaration??

Personally, I'm looking for a bugle call from JP, repeatedly, then I'll start moving in the direction of a new machine ... ML improvements I saw over 12 or so years, produced a half ounce extra in the poke, so I'm not one to jump one each new wrinkle ... If you know what I mean, and I think you do! ... But the new developments sound promising, and I certainly will remain observant ... The last one looked good but my old GoldBug2 would do the same ... Great good wishes to all ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Wrong on that note Unc, the 2300 will out do a GB2 in depth on small and large targets with much less noise. A few have been unhappy with the 2300, but most are kicking serious nugget butt with them. I know because I am using one and up to 81 nuggets with it now. Yes most are small and largest only 5 grams, but I find gold almost every time out and it is all I use now and I know many with previous Minelab PIs and GB2s are not and nor was I in the same areas. The 2300 is doing for me exactly as advertised and does not ignore deep targets as rumored, but is limited some by the 8 inch coil and physics. The learning and getting used to it curve has bothered a few folks, but as I said it is about finding gold for me! But I like others can't wait to get my hands on a GPZ 7000

Archived