Nugget Shooter Forums

Just got my icmj magazine and I noticed Minelab has an advertisement for the new GPZ 7000. Anyone know anything about the price of this new machine? I noticed they don't mention any new iron disc. technology. They claim up to 40% more depth, max. gold sensitivity, enhanced noise immunity, gps locating and mapping and pc mapping. I do like the weather proof housing, but the big question will be.....will it perform better than the gpx models. i suppose a wait and see approach is in order..

Ful add shows its in the CTX3030 case, with GPS, wireless headphones, Mapping, and a solid coil. But doe's not say if its a VLF or a PI. Grubstake

I sent my Minelab in for repair a few weeks ago, and just got it back last week, while on the phone talking to the head tech at Minelab about the repair, I asked him what he thinks about the new GPZ 7000 coming out. He said the new ZVT Zero voltage technology will be like a gpx 5000 and sdc2300 on steroids, finding large deep gold, and small nuggets. He said it will have 3 modes of operation, and also have the ability to run in all 3 modes at the same time. He did mention the downfall will be the price, I tried to get a price range but he would not budge :cry2: , I guess its time to sell the gpx 5000, I bet the first guys to hit past placer producing areas will be finding a lot..... :ROFL:

Dave

P.S. Root577- I heard the coils on the GPZ7000 have chips and adapted to run on the GPZ only, but that is only hearsay !!! I hope a certain person chimes in to let us know for sure !!! :shhhhh:

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 2

Dave,

Lets hope it's everything that he said and the new GPZ 7000 produces more nuggets out in the field.

Dig deep, dig hard. Are we ready?

$9,000,00 detector? are you ready? Ha!Grubstake

Gary,

Not sure if I am willing to part with 9,000 grand yet. The way this economy is going....my GPX 4500 finds me a lot of lead and that may be more valuable than gold.. Kidding aside, they claim a 2.5 ounce nugget at 2'6"....I am not bragging , well maybe I am :brows: but I found a half ouncer at 20 inches with a 20 n.f coil deep setting , very slow, and 6 stabilizer, rx at 13, enhance. I for one will have to wait and see approach. Mapping, interfacing with computer and wireless abilities gps and all that mambo-jumbo means nothing. Give me raw power,ability to go deeper than the gpx models ...and better discrimination and that would sway me to let go off my 4500.

Well figure a 5000, MSRP was around $6000.00 this new one is going to be around $9,000.00 MSRP. If Minelab holds true to there colors. Grubstake

Minelab should start thinking about in house financing. I would have to see positive reports from prospectors that have NO association with Minlab before I parted with that much cash. But who would be willing to admit their $9000 detector didn't work as advertized?

Well figure a 5000, MSRP was around $6000.00 this new one is going to be around $9,000.00 MSRP. If Minelab holds true to there colors. Grubstake

You might be surprised. Remember, Minelab has shareholders they need to appease. If priced too high, they lose market share and sales. If they price it between the 5000 and the 2300, then they just picked up a ton of new sales that makes all the shareholders happy.

• Like 1

Thats odd they used a pre existing box. You would think the new high end machine would have its own unique look?

I agree with you Fred, the gps stuff is just mumbo jumbo. Already got a phone and garmin that does all that and more, if I want that.

In my way of thinking this has to be the last 'GREAT' machine that people will use to go back to their old patches here in the west and EXPECT to find new gold at a reasonable depth. Most of the gold in existing patches is already gone. It has been taken by all of the machines that came before now. Most swingers have taken the easy and lots of the hard gold. We are desperately looking for those spots that are still left.

The success of the 2300 shows that most of the other machines before it took the big, easy gold. That's the gold I want. :thumbsupanim

I can find big gold with discrimination with a 3030. (Ron has been doing it. Everyone says it just won't find small gold under 1/.5 gram.) The balance of that machine makes me understand why this new machine is in the same package. A hand held detector doesn't get much better than that with a small coil.

Will this new machine (any brand) let me go to Gold Basin and Rye Patch hammered areas and pay for itself? Do I wait or try it. Most of us will wait depending on the price. Some have already sold their old machines and made room on their quad for this new one.

I guess this one is supposed to be more simple. Ok ... that sells to new users. Does it sell to me?

I hear if you buy early you get a discount on this accessory.post-25522-0-01526800-1422575958_thumb.j

• Like 1

Here is the gpz 7000

post-1046-0-00599400-1422585602_thumb.jp

Thanks Dave.

Well, I guess I got my wish. Here is a copy of my post from October 17, 2012 at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?27,1795744

"I have a Minelab GPX 5000 and a Minelab CTX 3030. I am a firm believer at this point that the GPX 5000 has taken PI nugget detecting technology about as far as it can go, with only better ferrous discrimination the only thing to offer me. And I am not holding my breath for that. So where to go from here?

Pretty obvious I would say. Cram the GPX 5000 into the CTX 3030 package. I see no reason why it can't be done. The only limitation would likely be battery time per charge but if a CTX style battery could get me just a half day operation I am fine with changing batteries at lunch. A GPX 5000 is a single package with built-in speaker and GPS and waterproof to 10 feet would be killer. A new coil set mimicing the CTX set would be great as new waterproof coils would be a must. 8" mono, 11" (or 12") mono and 11" (or 12") DD and 18" mono would be all I would ever need. People are already using the GPX for beach and relic hunting and this would put it over the top. I would be using it for almost any detecting at all except where discrimination is a must, like turf hunting in a park.

Minelab GPX 5000 MSRP of $6995 (MAP $5795). You want to get another grand out of me Minelab? MSRP $7995? Give me a CTX 5000 or GPX 6000 or GPX 8030, whatever you want to call it and you got it."

40% deeper compared to what? I have heard some here say a 5000 has found nuggets up to 4 ft. deep. So now we're up to 5'6" deep? Compared to what? :idunno:

so is it fair to say now with this new technology all our sd=gp=gpx detectors will now be obsolete..yesterdays news

Don't throw the parents out because they had a new baby.

Just because there are new detectors and technology does not make existing detectors obsolete. New technology opens up new possibilities, especially in previously worked areas. If you get there first just about any gold detector will work just fine.

fred

• Like 3

Glad to see they followed the CTX format and not the 2300. CTX, I'm happy w/, 2300- not

As Fred said ... it is fair to say that some of the perfectly good older technology will find you a lot of gold at a cheaper price per ounce than the new technology.