Nugget Shooter Forums
Uncle Ron

My Northern CA Ranch

Here's a link to Sugar Creek Ranch, the little ranch I built up in Siskiyou County, Klamath Mountains, Northern CA ...Right at the edge of the Marble Mountain Wilderness ... I sold it 16 years ago to move to the big AZ after living there for about 23 years ... It was hard to do, at the time because I figured I'd live my life out there, but the area is so depressed after the govt. did its "spotted owl" BS and the greenies attacked, there's no way to make a living there ... There was lots of gold right on the property, trout in Sugar Creek in the front part of the ranch and in my little pond I dug ... Now the guy I sold it to has it up for sale ... He's done a nice job of upgrading it ... Hard for me to look at it now without a big lump in my throat! ....

http://www.svre.com/view_details.asp?ID=106231&SearchType=Residential Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron

Very nice place Ron. That would definitely be a dream for most of us. Beautiful country and gold in the yard. Bet it was hard to trade in.

AJ

Hi Cuz,

Nice looking place!

Having my druthers, and a pocketful of cash, a place like that or even smaller in these waning days of my life, would be

an idea place to have some privacy and much welcome quiet for a change...

A friend of mine, a cowboy type, found himself rich widow, and wound up with a nice ranch, where he could do his cowboy

thing, I had that same sort of idea for a long time, but doubt it will happen any time soon...

That is a nice part of the country, drove through some parts of country in that area, I think, while driving south off the main artery coming south out of Oregon, a short cut?? to the Reno area. I did this at night, and all I could think about was a Sasquatch getting ready to jump out in front of me...

Looking back is tough, my Dad sold a section of ground for about 200 dollars back in the late 40's, right next to a promontory called Table Rock, just above the old Idaho Territorial Prison in Boise. Part of that acreage now has multi-million dollar homes up there, in a place called "Wild Horse Ranch", I look at those places, and think what could have been, if Dad hadn't needed those 200 dollars so bad...

Take care,

Cuz Gary

Edited by ~LARGO~

Man I bet it was hard selling a place like that. Hopefully the next owner will have the same appreciation for it that you did.

Hi Ron, What a nice ranch, No neighbors in sight wonderful. I can see why you still miss the place. I have done the same thing here 2 houses a barn 52 acres of vineyard, horses and corrals. Been here since 1990. We are in a bad water situation here because of all the new vineyard plantings and have a moratorium on planting any new vineyards. It seems if you have a attorney and lots of money and it does not stop you. Right across the street Westside AG company has lied and claimed they started their work on their new planting before the moratorium started. Can not believe they got away with it and are drilling and planting 200 acres right next to us. there goes or water can not afford a new $250,000.00 well. hope we can sell before the water runs out.

Nice!

Hey Ron,

Where is it really at? There is nothing where they have the location.. 600 Sugar Cr,. rd. comes up to a piece of vacant ground.

Their Goggle map doesn't help.

Thanks, Harry

Hey Ron,

Where is it really at? There is nothing where they have the location.. 600 Sugar Cr,. rd. comes up to a piece of vacant ground.

Their Goggle map doesn't help.

Thanks, Harry

It's up the hill on the other side of the creek...

You just have to go over the little funky bridge on the left ... I used to own the vacant ground out to the county road, but lost it when we had a dispute and couldn't afford a lawyer ....

Edited by Uncle Ron

Must be the place about 1/2 mile east of where they show it? (or, where they HAD it shown, listing is there no more!)

Listing is gone I think Unc....

OMG what a loss. Looks like a bit a heaven to me.....Reminds me of a GREAT friend RIP-raised in logging and profession for a dozen years,then CDFG & spotted owl killed it all. Then he bought a boat to fish and CDFG ruined that. Then he bought a 8" dredge and CDFG closed it after a month....he ate his gun.....GOD I hate the CDFG as good honest folks run off and pot farmers/crankster gangsters now rule the roost and good honest folks gone. I know your pain,sorry man...John

I just brought it up again just clicking on the link I posted .... That's odd that several can't see it... Try clicking here

BTW, I built that full block basement myself, with a "how to" book in one hand and trowel in the other ... We moved the house up the hill from down by the creek!

Edited by Uncle Ron

Must be the place about 1/2 mile east of where they show it? (or, where they HAD it shown, listing is there no more!)

Yes, GE shows the address being 0.78 mile further west than it actually is...

I just brought it up again just clicking on the link I posted .... That's odd that several can't see it... Try clicking here

BTW, I built that full block basement myself, with a "how to" book in one hand and trowel in the other ... We moved the house up the hill from down by the creek!

I think the Realtor's website had a glitch this morning, I had no problems seeing the listing when you first posted it and all weekend, until this morning no listing there and now it's back again.

Know the country well. Although I live 5 hours away I've hunted up there for the past 35 years. We back pack into the trinity alps off Callahan/Cecilville rd. I used to enjoy talking to the guy that ran the post office/store in Callahan. I forgot his name. About 10 years ago or so he shut down and moved to Wyoming I believe. The bar is still there as is another small store on the west side of the road.

strick

Know the country well. Although I live 5 hours away I've hunted up there for the past 35 years. We back pack into the trinity alps off Callahan/Cecilville rd. I used to enjoy talking to the guy that ran the post office/store in Callahan. I forgot his name. About 10 years ago or so he shut down and moved to Wyoming I believe. The bar is still there as is another small store on the west side of the road.

strick

That probably would have been Steve Farrington ... His family ran the PO for several generations, together with their little store ...

Yep, bought many pairs of work boots in that store....

Yep that name rings a bell for sure. Time gone bye. We used to make it a point to stop there on our way thru every year. That valley is some of the nicest looking country I have every been through and I have been through most of the western USA. Must have been nice to plant your roots there if only for a while....wish I could say the same for myself.

strick