Nugget Shooter Forums

GOOGLE EARTH WHITEOUT?

garimpo

Logged in today as usual, clicked the icon on my task bar, GE loaded but it has a white image covering the earth.

When I go to a saved location I get the white layer that I can't see anything through.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Working ok for me also. With my old computer that was running WIN XP one day GE was updated, the latest version could not run without error. The pins were there and gps grid but no map. I'm running WIN 7 right now.

Edited by Red_desert

Thanks all, don't know what caused the problem but when I first opened it the world had a tear shaped white cover over it. I got to clicking everything possible and it finally came almost back to normal. It was a little box to the left of "my places" that when I unchecked it everything came back to normal except now I still don't have the Lat/Long and image date at the bottom.

Thanks everyone.

Logged in today as usual, clicked the icon on my task bar, GE loaded but it has a white image covering the earth.

When I go to a saved location I get the white layer that I can't see anything through.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Well your puter either needs a roll of toilet paper or possibly maybe your monitor is going South. Is it a desk or a laptop ?

Thanks all, don't know what caused the problem but when I first opened it the world had a tear shaped white cover over it. I got to clicking everything possible and it finally came almost back to normal. It was a little box to the left of "my places" that when I unchecked it everything came back to normal except now I still don't have the Lat/Long and image date at the bottom.

Thanks everyone.

The tear shaped cover is the world's reaction to Obama's SOTU address and the disappearance of the Lat/Long is because he's lost!

Hi Don

The POTUS was making a short visit to our town, dazzling our town mayor, who had been in D.C. for a mayors conference, by giving the mayor a free ride back home from D.C., complete all the free pretzels and popcorn, and presidential paper goods he could stuff into his pockets.

The mayor was so star struck by the POTUS, the big tear you may have seen was likely the one in the mayor's eyes, as he waved his best hanky, :cry2: as he watched the prez's big ole airplane fade out of view...

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you..l

LARGO...