Nugget Shooter Forums
Cowkiller

today's hunt on the bikes

Tom and I hit some new to us stuff on the lsd with the motorcycles. We found a 4.06 grammer and lots of trash. We also found some sulfur? What ever it is it burns very good and smells bad. Here are some pictures.

post-25167-0-63463500-1421714333_thumb.j

post-25167-0-93186300-1421714412_thumb.j

post-25167-0-67124700-1421714465_thumb.j

post-25167-0-79634200-1421714517_thumb.j

• Like 2

Good jod dirtbag. And a very nice birthday nugget.

Justin:
Man it was a blast out there today!
After a 30 yr break from dirt bikes I forgot how much fun it was :)

My body is telling me otherwise right now though :nutty:
Great times :yesss:

That was awesome that you found that nug and gave me a shot at finding some too.

I just added to my bullet/tin collection.

I burnt one of my pieces tonight and its cool.

Turns into a copper colored blob and burns with a blue flame.

Smells like poop though :4chsmu1:

Tom H.

I burned one as soon as I got home. It was pretty cool! It was a blast today just wish my bike ran a little better at that we both some yellow. Next time for sure.

Thanks atticDave it's already good to meet new people in the hobby.

Thanks boulder dash and yes it was as good as it gets out there and I am glad I live in the great state of Arizona!

Edited by Cowkiller

Nice goin guys! We should do a dirtbike outing. I plan on bringing mine in March to LSD. We could be like a desert detecting motorcycle gang.

• Yep looks like sulfur...You have to eat a piece to find out for sure :4chsmu1: Sulfur can be a good indicator :inocent:A 4 + GRAMMER!! In the Santo Domingo is a nice score! Sounds like you guys were having way to much fun out there :black_knight_standing:

Always dirty Yeah I'm going to bring mine in March too we would be a cool gang I think there will be several of us there with them hopefully we can find time to go for a ride.

Thanks Adam. This was my biggest piece out there I was very surprised when I saw it in the scoop.

Good job guys, I think I've been to that sulfer mine that you speak of, north of lake Plesant and south of Flagstaff. I'm glad you guys had a great day and congrats on gold and pungent finds.

It's probably sulfer but I have a chunk of similar looking rock that my dad found in the Arizona desert back in the early 1960's. It's yellow cake uranium! Makes a Geiger counter scream. This was back when the government was buying uranium.

Digger Bob

I have a Coffee can of BLACK Urbanite here. Low level but it will make a Florescent lite tube spark once in a while.

Edited by homefire

There's a number of patches in the LSD area that give a strong sulfur or sulfide smell ... Some of the good gold areas in the Klamath Mountains have the same feature... Sulfur is a good indicator! ... Cheers, Unc

Noticed that too Unc...some of the areas i've drywashed smell a little funky when you get down to the good red layer.

Good to see you guys and nice nugget!

Well hopefully we are on to something good there. I havent been looking for gold tooooooo long but this is the first time I have come across this stuff.