Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clay

California Dredgers Win!

So the next court date is set for today. I am anxiously awaiting further details about the case. If anybody involved is there today, please give us an update!

Calif Supreme Court in the process of DEPUBLISHING the Federal Premption brought about by Brandon Rineharts great work sic sic sic world for sure as then can't be used to further our cause...............sic sic sic world :2mo5pow: John

Are there any links to reports from this or from anybody directly involved in the January 23rd court date?

Judge said cooperate or he'll rule his way. All else under gag order behind closed doors. Duplication of 94 promulgation mandate-o xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-John

And yes,directly involved with multiple defendents hahahaha you think I could not be lo after all these years of fighting. That gag order is a TOUGH dangerous bird to live with........John

I believe the Cal Supreme Court only had until January 16th to issue a depublication order. Since no such order has been noticed, we may assume the Rinehart opinion is good, citable law at the present time and/or until further notice. Of course, I too am anxious to see a favorable final ruling issue from Judge Ochoa's court. But let us not loose sight of the main point that even though the legal tide has undergone a sea change in favor of small scale mining, the consolidated proceedings are still in a delicate legal environment. Meanwhile a gag order is just that. Vent and huff and puff and blow all you want on this or other forums. It is an American's fundamental right to exercise free speech, in regard to this or that opinion. Just please do not purport to attribute your source of opinion as coming from anyone bound by the gag order. That type of speech isn't free and could work against of our collective interests.

I was required to sign that order already hahahahaha :4chsmu1: try again-John

Anybody have any updates on this yet?

Rumor has it the judge in the SB case will issue his order this week, permists will have to be issued under the 94 regs.

That will be great unless the permit fee is outlandish and they decide to only issue a limited amount......

94 permit was 35.00, under judges order, they cannot prohibit minning, only regulate, a large permit fee would be prohibitive and therefore unlawful. They established a fee structure the same range as hunting and fishing licenses in 94, they are stuck with it... for now, until the next endless legal challenge comes up

Crossing my fingers! And toes!

We're Up against a wall of cash and when chickens talk we'll dredge out in the open, till then :200: John

Sooooo -- can anyone update us on late breaking news regarding any movement in Sierra County to resuscitate any of the old mining districts up there a la Scott Harn's above referenced opinion??? How about elsewhere in the Mother Load region??? Or anywhere in California for that matter, e.g.., the desert regions???

Sooooo -- can anyone update us on late breaking news regarding any movement in Sierra County to resuscitate any of the old mining districts up there a la Scott Harn's above referenced opinion??? How about elsewhere in the Mother Load region??? Or anywhere in California for that matter, e.g.., the desert regions???

I don't know about Sierra County, but didn't Obama just effectively shut down the CA desert?

Slim, I doubt Obama's dictatorial fiats are responsive to Scott Harn's proposal. The link in item #38 above contains the practical steps envisioned by Scott Harn, publisher of the Mining Journal, as to what might be done to redirect decision making regarding small scale mining away from state entities such as F&W to mining districts which have largely become dormant throughout California (and many other states). I was just wondering if anyone on this Nugget Shooter forum has heard of recent concrete steps in that direction. I raise Sierra County in particular because of claims I have access to plus the great number of small scale miners who reside there (i.e., a very fertile county to nourish Scott Harn's vision if ever actual seed were to take root there). Just curious...

Valid points, observations & questions, Micro Nugget,.

From my POV, as much as I count on ICMJ to present necessary courses of action in a matter such as this one

I also count on them equally as much to keep us informed on any progress / setbacks..

Given the gravity of this particular matter though, reporting alone isn't enough.. Any decent

journalist can write a good article if all the facts are at hand.. To my way of thinking this situation calls for

either direct involvement or at the very least ongoing communication with those leading reorganizational

efforts in order to, for example, quickly pass along a request for help doing / needing such-or-so within

a given district..

We know at least one original charter has been located.. What's been happening since then tho..? I personally

don't know which way information has been flowing.. By that I mean has someone / anyone at ICMJ been

initiating contact with those on the front lines or has it been more along the lines of waiting for info to be

passed along to the mag..?

My hope is ICMJ has an active role in helping reorganizing efforts beyond publishing "How to's" followed by

"What's taken place so far's.." This isn't to infer anyone on staff need be in the field, more like ICMJ

has the wherewithal and resources to rapidly put those with specialized knowledge in touch with one another,

a central switchboard if you will.. This ability should be being utilized extensively if it isn't already..

Swamp

GOOGLE Western Miners Alliance as latest newsletter-not permitted here- has a massive record of the whole mess written for the laymen to understand the insane legalsleeze utilized to steal our rights. John

...Western Miners Alliance newsletter.. John

You're correct of course, John.. Have 'em bookmarked, along with others.. Don't follow as closely as I should,

most likely due to not living in a battleground location.. As a result my thinking does tend to run more along the

lines of 'news stand publications' vs 'underground news'.. Past time to fix that glitch..

Swamp

Those who are perfect do absolutely nothing. This insanity of living in a world of legaleze that vilifies even the simplest of actions cannot stand....Never knowing from 1 day to the next what's legal and having a bureaucracy that interprets laws to suit their own sic preconceived notions is most stressful and DANGEROUS. John :nutty:

GOOGLE Western Miners Alliance as latest newsletter-not permitted here- has a massive record of the whole mess written for the laymen to understand the insane legalsleeze utilized to steal our rights. John

Even if the WMA is a non-profit and includes( on page 19) an add for Nuggetshooter ?

Those who are perfect do absolutely nothing. This insanity of living in a world of legaleze that vilifies even the simplest of actions cannot stand....Never knowing from 1 day to the next what's legal and having a bureaucracy that interprets laws to suit their own sic preconceived notions is most stressful and DANGEROUS. John :nutty:

Yep...I read through the latest regs. & what I got out of it was they aren't gonna deny dredge permits, but you'll need to get approval from so many agencies & be subject to an ongoing scrutiny from not only fish and game, but the various water quality control boards...

I also noted they referenced panning in the same sentence they were talking about introducing "foreign material" into the water.

ETA: Bottom line is no dredging...panning & sluicing will be next.