Nugget Shooter Forums

new vain found

boulder dash

The gold looks nice and 4 grams/ton is great for a large op but for a "hand" op, you would work yourself to death. By the time you pick and shovel a ton, haul it, crush it, screen it, pan or table it, you are working for about min. wage.

Beats paying for a membership at a health club. :arrowheadsmiley:

2 oz to the ton is really good that's like 2 grams per 5 gallon bucket. Ill carry that 800 ft all days.

I will second that...

If we were all 35 to 40 years old I would say the same, but at almost 60 years old I could only dig and carry those 5 gallon buckets 800 feet about 3 or 4 hours if that before it was time to head in and run the material, but 10 years from now I don't think I could say the same, would ya'll still say the same 30 years from now? :idunno::th:

If we were all 35 to 40 years old I would say the same, but at almost 60 years old I could only dig and carry those 5 gallon buckets 800 feet about 3 or 4 hours if that before it was time to head in and run the material, but 10 years from now I don't think I could say the same, would ya'll still say the same 30 years from now? :idunno::th:

Probably not Skip! Right now however? Different story. For 2oz/ ton ore I would get that ore to the road guaranteed...I would find a way. I'm sure BD feels the same.

40 buckets averaging 2oz, or 40 buckets drywashing for 2-3 grams...even I can figure that math.

I don't have a clue on how the rock is being extracted as I'm not there and the method weren't stated.Digging out a ton of country/wall rock and vein material with hand tools is a quite a task.Having six grams per ton is great..but is this based on just one sample and will the vein carry this amount or more or less at depth?There are always dead spots in veins where no gold is present.Veins pinch and widen and vanish..they become faulted and are never found again.You might hit water..the veins content might change to sulphides.If one is lucky you might encounter a nice pocket or ore shoot which will put out visable species..this is not always the case in gold bearing veins......and then there are the old basic but true hard rock mining sayings..one never knows what's beyond the point of a pick and your a foot from a million and a million feet from a dollar....Any gold in a quartz vein is worth following,at least it was for for me.

:th: 40 full buckets of mineral producing rock would produce a immediate visit to the chiropractor,back doc and pharmacy. GET IT ON as youth fades and what it leaves ain't purty. You may be in a low grade spot in comparison to the full monty or the high grade.So rip,shred and tear and ball mill,leach, precipate,whatever to get as much as possible and by god tons a au 2 u 2.... :Just_Cuz_06: silence is golden or it all goes away.....John

Edited by Hoser John

The only way you can work something with no access is to highgrade it. Just take pieces with visible gold or that that you can hear with a detector. Just like the old timers.

Not many times you hit good gold like that. Mine is "free" gold mixed throughout... :-(

BD.....I hope you get lots of gold out of it and the vein gets fatter, wider and richer :)
Good luck to ya

Tom

It's not profitable to work this deposit unless you put a claim on it,file a notice of intent, have heavy equipment for digging straight down in solid rock,and have a mill to reduce the rock. If someone wants to buy the location from me just pm me. I do believe it will run closer to 6 grams to ton. My testing didn't crush small enough.

Edited by boulder dash

BD maybe you can obtain one of those imaging pictures on the net so you can have a better understanding as to what might be down lower based on GPS cords...just a thought. :idea: