Nugget Shooter Forums
adam

Ice Cold Gold

You know its cold when you have to keep your beer in the cooler to keep it from freezing! :4chsmu1:

Haven`t been posting trip reports much, but thought I`d share a recent one.

Boulder Dash and I got together for some serious recon in an area that recently had a good showing of snow. The night time temps on day one got down to 19 degrees, and it really wasn't that bad . Heres the thermometer at 21 degrees about 8 in the morning.

temppineflat_zps58e34c18.jpg

Boulder Dash prefers to sleep under a sheet of ice apparently, because this is what I saw when I went over to his camp in the morning :nutty::tisk-tisk:

icebed_zps790072b7.jpg

A snowy picture on the way home

snowpineflat_zps9cf045aa.jpg

Frozen ground and cooler weather aside, we still hunted as best we could, and even managed a few nuggets for our efforts. :black_knight_standing:

Mine on the left and Boulder Dash`s on the right. :brows:

Goldpineflat_zps047dd1c0.jpg

Edited by adam
  • Like 2

Adam,

Thanks for another very entertaining account of you and BD doing what you do best, thinking outside the box and coming up with nice nugs and pics. You guys rock.

Jeff

PS, hope you both thawed out :4chsmu1:

Adam nice gold, and I agree somtimes you do have to put your beer in an ice chest to keep it from freezing. :25r30wi:

Hope you find a bunch more gold in there. AzNuggetBob

I did that once Boulder and never ever do it again,,,skeered of severe frost bite...lol

Man that's a whopper Adam! Nice gold guys!

Nice rewards guys, but wow Those days are over for me. :Just_Cuz_06:

Old Tom

Nice results. Very BAD conditions !!! Hope yer both OK after a night in the freezer.

Brrrrrr and nice gold guys.... I stayed home and did chores in the warm house over the weekend.

When young NBD but now :old: too bloody old for that snow warrior crappolia. When it's 21 I'm home all nice and snug and warm. Your coil seal needs a redux(clean & reseal) as dirt get in between coil/cover-NICE lookn' nuggets for all that pain though. tons a au 2 u 2-John

You guys are nuts ... I just back from Denver late last night ... there is more snow here in Prescott Valley than in Wheat Ridge CO (just NW of Denver) ... What's with that? I left NH to come to sunny and warm AZ a few years ago ... I no longer have use for snow! ... do miss snowmobiling and ice fishing though ... that is probably the only good I can think of for snow and cold! :):old:

Mike F

WTG you two :)
Nice nuggets.

I was wondering if anyone else was getting out.

Went out Fri...skunksville

It was a balmy 31 where we were :)
Tom H.

I no longer do the S word.

I haven't been out in so long ,.......I forgot if I swing right to left or left to right ,.... :th:

Tried as I might for a fix before the new years, skunked.

Miners of old, use to shovel in the snow...haha!

Was a great trip but to be honest the cold was really not that bad. We continue to improve our successful systems each and every time out. You guys should see Adams very successfull breakfast systems they are amazing. Nice nugget bro!!! When you dropped that lunk in my hand it was legendary.

I go fishing in those temps on the ice but never prospecting.

attachicon.gif2013-01-12_07-19-34_662.jpgattachicon.giffish.jpg

Nice fish but Toooooooooo Cooooooooold for this desert native :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C... :200: PS-Oh I almost forgot to mention-Nice Gold guys and well earned :nutty:

Edited by Mike C...

Niceee ... ker-chunk! That one will feel good and the others just make it sweeter.

Verynicegold, guys! What weight on that big beauty, Adam? I havent left the house since 70 degrees! My admiration, but not emulation! Did you do a youtube on that? Im subscribed to your channel ... cheers, Unc

Ron,

Sorry, no video on it . Just figured it was another piece of trash .. :tisk-tisk: That fatty slug weighed in at 8.8 grams :yesss:

Edited by adam

Thanks for the comments everyone :oregonian_winesmiley: Yep it was cold , but the worst part was trying to dig targets in frozen solid gravels :grr01: It pay`d of for boulder dash though when he popped a couple from a very icy spot :yesss:He also scored a very coarse awesome looking isometric piece of gold from a new gully.

Well I WAS going to make a comment about common sense, and winter hunting the desert areas that are too hot to hunt most of the year, instead of the high country.......

Buuuuuut....you guys DID make some nice finds, so instead, I will praise your success. I bow to your craziness!

Ben

Adam it sucks wakin up in the rain/sno. I finally put a camper shell on my truck.

also hard to get the morning fire lit for joe, but it doesnt seem near as cold

when your findin gold like that. :) good luck on more guys.

AzNuggetBob