Nugget Shooter Forums

Corruption: A Montana Story

Bugler

The last mining patent issued in the U.S. was issued in Montana back around 1995. During the process a Minerals Forester was asked to go out and assist in "proving up" the claim. A very astute attorney representing the claim holder was aware of where the process

would take place and planted himself in a vantage point with a video camera.

When the officials arrived in their agency pickup they were filmed taking buckets of barren gravel from the bed of their truck and

running it thru their sluice.

Of course the patent application was denied based on the Prudent Man standard.

An appeal was filed and evidence was presented as to the agency's dishonest practice. A new and observed "proving" took place and

the patent was awarded.

The agency officials involved in the first illegitimate proving were only reassigned.

Montana Story:

The owner of the claim was Clyde Smith and the claim is on Ophir Creek near Avon, Montana. The attorney involved was Mr. John

Shontz. Clyde did not say that Mr. Shontz personally took the video but it was taken on his behalf.

My information is that that was the last patent issued in the U.S.. The Clinton Administration placed a moratorium on new

patents and Clyde's had been applied for just prior.

Clyde Smith told me this story himself and showed me where the "samples" were proved up.

Bugler

• Like 1

The BLM/FS is trying to steal my trinity claims through the TRRP-trinity river restoration plan "segregation" plan. They take your mining rights for 20 years whilst they decide if they want your claims.YOU get to NEVER mine in any form,pay taxes,file all paperwork and get paid 0 nyet natha nuttn'. darn'm all to hell-John

:nutty: Wealthy hahahaha :ROFL: almost peed myself-read NO real dredging(except tinker toys) for 6 seasons=no income-and that SUCKS-This is the secret of SEGREGATION as courts say no takings as you still own the rights--just not the right to mine without a mineral survey(read Prudent man Rule) and without a dredge ,tractor,trommels nuttn' but a broke back ol'fart with a shovel as SEGREGATION prevents all form of mechanical mining GDMFSOB just like the new federal Power withdrawls as they MIGHT need your claims for wind,solar or hydro electrical production. By stealing under 1,600 acres at a time they don't have to go before congress for approval,just chip away slowly but surely since 1989 :grr01::2mo5pow::th: John

• Like 1

HJ; With your knowledge, experience, skills and the ability to keep your opinions to yourself, I would say you are a very wealthy man. Money isn't everything.

I am waiting for a USFS Botanist to submit his report so I can finalize a Plan of Operation. He is eight months late and has a known reputation for not getting his work completed when it comes to mining operations. At this point it seems I have no practical recourse. Yet we all know what happens if we are one second late with claim paperwork or fees and taxes.

SIC SIC SIC

• Like 1

Klunker, Wish you all the luck in the world trying to get a bureauratz to do the job their paid for(even half arse)is indeed a daunting task-kudos and never give up-respect-John

I don't know where all this is going, but it appears that Our government is taking our rights away..people say, well vote? vote for who? has anyone seen change when your Chosen One was elected? We all, including myself keep playing their game, nothing changes. There was an old story about the King who asks the sheriff how his subject were,the sheriffs said " well you know ur majesty," they are squabblin amongst each other, complaining about your rule and laws, year after year. Things stayed the same. Than one year the King asks the sheriff , how are my subjects doing? The sheriff said, I don't know ! I come around and they say nothing, they give me no feedback. This is when the King got real worried...as long as we play their game..like sheep, nothing will change... I don't know the point of this, but I can't wait until the elections! Perhaps, just perhaps....our man may give us the right to dredge again.

Edited by Relichunter2

Once elected the legislator has only his own agenda to go on because most will not even write one letter suggesting or in some cases demanding a change to current policy. Running for a position is very much different than actually sitting at the table. If you aren't on a first name basis or at least a name recognition basis with your elected official you haven't written enough letters or made enough calls. Just because we elect someone to do a job doesn't mean we will get the results we expect. Like any position public or private there are workers ... in this case the elected official ... and supervisors. Now if the supervisor does not stay at least in touch/contact with the project the worker has no choice but to go in the direction he/she feels they should go based on THEIR interpretation of what the supervisor's instructions were meant to accomplish. what kind of 'supervisor' are you? If you are NOT following the the progress of the project you aren't supervising you are merely a spectator at a football game ... the end result is totally out of your hands. If you are following and making contact with the project players you are the coach and then and only then can you influence the game ... the end results then is a combination of your 'coaching' and the competence of the 'players' (aka elected official). It makes no sense to complain on these forums or any other for that matter if that is all you do. Spend some time writing emails and snail mail letters and making phone calls to the elected officials staff and ask to talk directly to the official as well. Above just my opinion ... up to you to agree and get into the action or sit back in the easy chair to watch.

Mike F

Mike,

Complaining....I am not sure if any of us are complaining other than just expressing our frustration with our government. Yes your correct in some ways , participate in the process (coach) the representatives or deal with the consequences. That' all fine and dandy...but don't you at least see how LARGE the problem is? It's not just dredging, it encompasses many facets our daily life. Gun control, the food we eat, taxes, land use, the freedoms we had , are slowly going bye , bye. The System is so HUGE....and expensive if the truth was told...we would all be looking like this :WOW: . When is the last time your representative did anything other than being an ear piece for your complaints and finger pointing. Yeah...I vote like many others do, I go in like a sheeple, vote for my man/woman :) and hope he or she represents me and my team..but seriously I do not expect anything to change....it continues to go down the slippery slope regardless of party....one just takes us their faster, the other a bit slower...Thats my 2 cents..