Nugget Shooter Forums

40' Snow Drifts in Wickenburg ... Happy New Year!!

Uncle Ron

Well, maybe it's not quite 40' but more than I've seen in the 15 + years I've been in Wickenburg ... Anyhow, I wish everyone in the Nuggetshooter Family a happy new year and a wonderful gold filled 2015 ... I hope you find gobs o'gold, but not in my patches!!!! Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-08469200-1420054005_thumb.jpg

We just got a little rain and a dreary day in the Glendale and Peoria Az. area. Mr. Dash don't tell me that you didn't get any of that white fluffy stuff in the Kingman area. I'll bet you're hiding inside someplace Today.

Old Tom

• Like 1

Well, maybe it's not quite 40' but more than I've seen in the 15 + years I've been in Wickenburg ... Anyhow, I wish everyone in the Nuggetshooter Family a happy new year and a wonderful gold filled 2015 ... I hope you find gobs o'gold, but not in my patches!!!! Cheers, Unc

EWwwww....I was going up there this weekend.

Guess I better bundle up! :)

Tom

Try this attachicon.gifsnow coil.jpg

Im gonna have to think about this :)

Might work with a few adaptations.

Tom H.

Snow, maybe more snow huh? I only go to AZ for warmth and sunshine and gold.

Happy New Year, ye all prospectors! :ROFL:

Edited by Red_desert

Got my snow shoes packed and im heading out tomarow :)
Yeeehahhh...good times ahead!
Tom H.

Quite a bit of that white stuff melted yesterday, and with the sunshine today the snowline should retreat back up to 3000 feet. I can watch it retreat on Superstition Mountains, slowly! What get me now is that nice sticky, gooey gumbo mud! Your foot print and boot weight double in the first 15 steps. :black_knight_standing:

Barely made it out New Year's morning- had to saw the wheel back and and forth ,spinning the tires all the way up the hill in first gear.

:old: Blessed be the frontwheel drive SAturn VUe :yesss: as we climbed to the crest of W. Monte Cristo rd. I was gaining religion quick...

I'd like to think the rock load helped us gain traction, but the missing key was the Z-cable Snow chains I forgot to bring :grr01: With luck I was able to stay to the high side of the turns and away from the ditch as we slowly made it up and over at a spinning snowmelting crawl..

. A whole 1.5" :4chsmu1: of snow fell in the hour it took for us to pack up our baublite from the WEaver's.

was 14F the night before in Yarnell.

adobe/redsticky mud= high amounts of magnesium containing minerals( soil tests high for Mg "base saturation").

What get me now is that nice sticky, gooey gumbo mud! Your foot print and boot weight double in the first 15 steps. :black_knight_standing: