Nugget Shooter Forums

Who uses a MD -20 regularly ?

H-2 Charlie

I use mine while busting quartz from the mine. Good if on the gold, bad if gold is more than an inch or so away from the probe. No depth. Great for going through quartz rocks from a tailing pile that give off a signal with the GB 2 but not enough to come through on Iron Disc. Keep your batteries charged up and the unit out of the sun.

We use the one we have to detect gold in the pan . Sort of testing the ground with it.

I have the MD-10 and my dad has an MD-20 . I think his is a little more sensitive

Used he MD for a few years. Not a Pin Pointer and Sure not a detector. Set up right you can find the little bits that no one else want's to mess with. Follow the Gold.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one and ended up selling it to a friend. It is a great tool for those with the patience that I lack. Super sensitive to those small pieces 300khz on the md-20

Getting it balanced properly can be tricky at times between the plastic ring and the GB and sensitivity themselves. Make sure to keep the probe away from the box when you adjust them.

If it signals when probe is moved toward target then its a good (non-ferrous) target, if it signals as it pulls away, it is a bad(ferrous) target.

If it signals when probe is moved toward target then its a good (non-ferrous) target, if it signals as it pulls away, it is a bad(ferrous) target.

That's exactly why I got the TRX. The Falcon was just way too sensitive. Sometimes it was real hard to discern if you were on a target as the signals would sometimes be commingled (so to speak) and it became hard to tell if it was iron or gold. The TRX will easily hit on 3 grain pieces without all the signal confusion. That's good enough for me. :thumbsupanim