Nugget Shooter Forums

Who would like a JRT???

middleforkminer2

I've got two males (brothers) both un-neutered...I had to repossess the one from the sires owner because he wasn't being properly cared for...I've had him for about two years. He's house trained & a good little dog, but him & the other one are starting to fight...if anyone here could offer him a good home, I'd be willing to bring him to you if you're not too far away.

I'd rather not drop him off at the SPCA, but am gonna have to if I can't find him a home...he does have an attitude.

I'm currently in Kingman but am gonna be heading towards Wickenburg for a "look-see" this coming week.

He's the one in the foreground...he's a good dog, but needs some working with.

post-1461-0-98365100-1419203008_thumb.jp

Great breed of dog middleforkminer and those both look like fine examples. They do tend to get territorial with their siblings but I'm sure they would make someone a great companion. Very generous offer on your part. I hope you can find him a good home.

I hope so too...when I was in the house, they tolerated each other pretty well, but here in the motorhome, it's a different story. BTW, they both like to sleep under the covers when it's cold...

Maybe they're fighting over who gets to ride shotgun? :idunno:

I have a JRT mixed, but mostly JRT and he always sleeps under the covers, or with his head on my pillow and then growls/complains at me when I come to bed and make him move!!

post-10941-0-54926600-1419290343_thumb.j

"Skeeter" growls at me too... :nutty: never bites or nips, but gets all wound up & tense. I think it may have been from him having such a rough first six months as a puppy...I doubt I'll have the fortitude to take him to the local shelter...I just wouldn't feel right.

A jack has always been within my list off dogs. Don't think it would fly with my Pit/Wrote Wielder mix three some. Bitch is 45lb Dog 90lb and pup bitch 29lb. If I was ever in a Travel Camp situation a well rounded Jack would be good. Problem is there so darn hyper and Need to Ping. Hard to do in a Camper.

MFM, I just now forwarded your picture and description to my wife's best friend ... She has had JRTs for years and we just learned her current one may not make it through a nerve problem he's developed ... She's here in Wickenburg ... After she's had a chance to respond, I'll put you two together if she and her husband are interested ... They spoil their dogs like crazy!

Well, I heard back from her instantly and she says shes not ready for another dog after the pain they've gone through with their last three ... (Rattler, coyotes, and now nerve disease) ... Sorry... Cheers, Unc