Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El Dorado

Giant Storm of the Decade

Fear not we will be able to put everything back in order.

post-1252-0-84053300-1418408833_thumb.jp

Ah yes, the tenacity to endure in the face of adversity. :old:

Did this storm do more damage than dredging would do? :89:

Every weather caster told of dire storm events...... never happened. Mind you we did get 3" of needed rain but they had us getting ready fro gale force winds and up to 6" of rain.......with 3+ feet of snow up higher. The local warnings were so strong that people were going to the firehouse and filling sand bags.........they can only cry wolf so many times

Better safe than sorry I suppose Steve. You have to remember something, most people in CA are a little on the slow side, so if the liberal media can motivate their brethren to take action with sensational and scary headlines... I guess that's what it takes to make them feel safe and good about themselves. :arrowheadsmiley:

We had over 6 1/2" at the house and 70mph gusts so living at the head of the valley was no picnic for over 40 hours. Next storm MUCH colder come monday and then yet another come friday. Hahahaha winter ain't over but was funny talking to a fella in Truckee with NO snow on the ground,or rain coming down, as we were pounded into the mud up here. BUT can run a 8" where a sluice box wouldn't a week ago so all is not lost- :yesss: John

Wow, funny to see people complaining that a forecast for a big storm was wrong for being too dire.

I can only imagine the bitching and moaning that would show up if the forecasters missed forecasting a bad storm.

Everyone knows weather prediction is an imprecise science.

Much rather be given the chance to be ready in the event they are right

rather than get caught unprepared.

Back in the 40's many people were killed in the Armistice Day Blizzard that hit the midwest. They had no warning back then. Google it for the gory photos and details.

If you take away the media hype, the storm was nothing extraordinary. I was out on Wednesday at about 6000' in short sleeves. I did get snowed out for detecting on Thursday night

Klunker...so right on. It was a magnitude 7 hype storm from the media.

Well what ever you all had caused temps to drop 20F and the winds to go into gear. Yesterday and Today are not OUT side days.

The forecasters need not be so "Chicken Little" about events and stop "crying wolf", lest the populace become dulled.

Sensationalism is all it is, gotta do something to get people to tune in. :00000067:

Ran out of Propane last night and boy was it cold this morning. 34F and my fingers were burning. After four coffee's and a shot of Vodka all was well. Reloaded 25Gl of Propane and cooking dinner. Life is good again. FOR A WHILE!

The forecasters need not be so "Chicken Little" about events and stop "crying wolf", lest the populace become dulled.

SP... no worries about the populace becoming dulled. The majority of the populace aka "the sheep" have 5 minute memories. Tomorrow is always a new day for them. It's as if they were born again into a new world and have to re-learn everything they forgot the prior day.

Don't believe me... walk into any .gov controlled or .gov influenced workplace and ask them a question about their job. Doesn't matter if they've been there for 30 years... they might as well have started their job yesterday with the answers you'll receive. :grr01:

Only the strong survive, eh AZ? :brows: