Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

On 4/10/2019 at 6:50 AM, Morlock said:

Morelock I was watching and waiting for that photo. In the article they said said they could see a shadow? and that proved that a black hole was a solid object? I couldn't see any shadow? the photo is very blurry. I understand the physics behind a dense star. but I'm not convinced that a black hole is a solid object yet.

AzNuggetBob

Morlock
I'm working on a new theory that black holes are a port hole in our universe or a window to another dimensions
that galaxies are either pouring into or even out of depending on what side of the dimensions or denominational thinking your on.
they could even be a hole in time, gravity or dark matter. at times I see dimensions as being stacked like a deck of cards looking at it from a horizontal 
point of view or possibly even a series of spheres, one outside the other. My thinking on it is, if you don't consider the options,the possibility based on our known reality of the universe you'll never progress.
but we can only ponder the possibility that things aren't always as they appear based on our three thinking.a dilution based on an optical illusion.
And know that we have Atmospheric Cherenkov telescope used to detect gamma rays.
Infrared telescope.
Radio telescope.
Sub-millimeter telescope.
Ultraviolet telescope (see also Ultraviolet astronomy ):)
X-ray telescope (see also X-ray astronomy) Wolter telescope telescopes, so that optical perception illusion that no longer exists as fact.
In my opinion new ideas should always be welcome. just my two cents on it.:)
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

The Earth would still be flat if convention had its way....

an open mind is always good.

thanks, Bob.

fred

• Like 1

Take a look at this fred

Without being able to see in different wavelengths we would not be able to see many things that are out there.
Our naked eyes are just not capable of it.the last photo is a view about a pin hole size area of space in a sheet of paper looking at a black area of space with Hubble Space Telescope.
Amazing isn't it.

https://t.co/jGsmlxCy4h

AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

how about a purple hot lazer that travels faster than the speed of light punched  a hole in time to create a giant black hole . but if it's a controlled  small hole for a short period of time it can be closed  .

3 hours ago, Morlock said:

It's amazing how many fungi there are on the planet. The Magic of Mushrooms is a production by the BBC i recently saw on netflix and after seeing that show i would not be too surprised to hear about this story and fungi's role in finding gold.

5 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Fungi are the recylers of the planet!!

I wish they'd recycle much faster.

15 hours ago, Morlock said:

If this much gold were to hit the markets, no doubt it would be devalued quite a bit.

Reminds me of an episode on the twilight zone where robbers stole gold and went into a long hibernation. When they came out, gold was practically worthless.

This just in, and it's closer than you might think! 

NASA headed towards giant golden asteroid that could make everyone on Earth a billionaire

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nasa-headed-towards-giant-golden-asteroid-that-could-make-everyone-on-earth-a-billionaire

22 hours ago, Morlock said:

If this much gold were to hit the markets, no doubt it would be devalued quite a bit.

Reminds me of an episode on the twilight zone where robbers stole gold and went into a long hibernation. When they came out, gold was practically worthless.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9378480/giant-golden-asteroid-psyche-61-billionaire-nasa-2022/

I wonder what the overall ozt per ton of gold is for the planet Earth and how that compares to the rest of universe. :89:

34 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I wonder what the overall ozt per ton of gold is for the planet Earth and how that compares to the rest of universe. :89:

Crustal abundance is represented in PPM. Not in OPT. At least on this planet. Your optimism is commendable though.

Here it is for earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abundance_of_elements_in_Earth's_crust

I am not sure that the numbers for "the rest of the universe" have been compiled yet nor how they would compare. You would think the heavier elements would be closer to the sun so our crustal abundance of elements like gold should be greater than most bodies outside of our orbit. Less than those inside our orbit.

At least that is the way I understand it. Spectrographic analysis shows planetary gasses getting lighter and lighter as the distance from the sun gets greater. I think the assumption is that solid elements follow that same pattern as well.

28 minutes ago, Morlock said:

I think they have the right idea. That is the shortest route to getting some gold outta that asteroid. Seems to me they are the first miners on the job! The hunk of rock is way the f@<K out in space and they are already diggin' at it like a gopher on meth. 

It kinda seems like our most profitable commodity these days is ignorance.  There is no shortage of schemes to market to ignorance. Why not spread ignorance about an asteroid to manipulate the value of funny money? It makes as much sense as a lot of cockamamy crap that people are lining up behind.

• Like 1
  • well done 1

The thing is that mining on earth is already a difficult job, and now just add one more challenge No gravity!!! Drilling into rock without gravity, is like pissing on a wildfire, good luck. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardtimehermit said:

The thing is that mining on earth is already a difficult job, and now just add one more challenge No gravity!!! Drilling into rock without gravity, is like pissing on a wildfire, good luck. :)

And the commute is a b!t<h too. You gotta saddle up and ride if you are going to drive steel on an asteroid.

No more $100K a year working by the hour in the open pit. Four on five off living in your hometown with a few horses in a wide pasture. A couple generations backing you up and a pretty wife holding the fort down while you are at work. :)

You will be sleeping in a motel and eating at Chuck's Café on this job. Spending 14 hour days with a bunch of pungent roughnecks that would rather fight than fornicate. You are coming home in six months to an empty trailer with wood grain paneling, green shag carpet and a lingering smell you can't quite identify. That right there is asteroid mining! :25r30wi:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Morlock said:

9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I think they have the right idea. That is the shortest route to getting some gold outta that asteroid. Seems to me they are the first miners on the job! The hunk of rock is way the f@<K out in space and they are already diggin' at it like a gopher on meth. 

It kinda seems like our most profitable commodity these days is ignorance.  There is no shortage of schemes to market to ignorance. Why not spread ignorance about an asteroid to manipulate the value of funny money? It makes as much sense as a lot of cockamamy crap that people are lining up behind.

8 hours ago, hardtimehermit said:

8 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

And the commute is a b!t<h too. You gotta saddle up and ride if you are going to drive steel on an asteroid.

No more $100K a year working by the hour in the open pit. Four on five off living in your hometown with a few horses in a wide pasture. A couple generations backing you up and a pretty wife holding the fort down while you are at work. :)

You will be sleeping in a motel and eating at Chuck's Café on this job. Spending 14 hour days with a bunch of pungent roughnecks that would rather fight than fornicate. You are coming home in six months to an empty trailer with wood grain paneling, green shag carpet and a lingering smell you can't quite identify. That right there is asteroid mining! :25r30wi:

I'm going out on a limb and stand on one foot and say even if the asteroid turns out to be solid gold whoever goes to mine it won't even make gas money!!

Edit: Just a though, a lot on money could be saved on checking out the asteroid if someone could talk Elon Musk into doing a drive by with that Tesla he launched a while back!!

Gold I think comes from tellurides , they I believe come deep from the in th earth as a by-product of magma pressure and friction of certain elements/minerals that are forced up when plates shift, earthquakes volcanoes  etc (in the end though that was a guess and I don't have any answer...lol:)