Nugget Shooter Forums

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

Lanny you said you would like to learn more about research, OK just for fun. I'll reveal the northern small town I was finding many ounces of nuggets next to and also several areas near by in Baja with some clues.
make it sort of a treasure/research/geology hunt.
although at the time when I found It, I found it by the geology at a distance of many miles without google earth.
Everybody is welcome to jump in if you think you know the answer. 
I'll ad new clues every few days until someone solves it.
AzNuggetBob

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old placer cherry picking.   I said I would share more gold indicators, here is more info that has worked well for me. this trick has helped me find a lot of patches and big nuggets. When

GOD DID IT TO DRIVE MEN MAD WITH GOLD FEVER...... and it worked-John

Swamp   That nugget was the end of a great run. it was 7.3/4 ounces as I recall. I was celebrating with a cold one.I did my research, went out to a new area well known for gold. I eye balled the geo

Posted Images

11 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Lanny you said you would like to learn more about research, OK just for fun. I'll reveal the northern small town I was finding many ounces of nuggets next to and also several areas near by in Baja with some clues.
make it sort of a treasure/research/geology hunt.
although at the time when I found It, I found it by the geology at a distance of many miles without google earth.
Everybody is welcome to jump in if you think you know the answer. 
I'll ad new clues every few days until someone solves it.
AzNuggetBob

This sounds like fun, although I'm sure I'll be quite lost . . . Any research I've done to date has been from old records, and now with the abundance of information online, I'm sure there's all kinds of things to learn, and maybe some exciting discoveries to be made.

So, hopefully I'll learn a few things to up my level of understanding about which tools are available. 

Thanks, and all the best,

Lanny

• Thanks 1

Lanny I have decided not to publish the story on Baja at this time.
Thanks for your reply.
AzNuggetBob

7 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Lanny I have decided not to publish the story on Baja at this time.
Thanks for your reply.
AzNuggetBob

I respect your reasons for not publishing, and perhaps one day we'll see some of your other golden secrets published in a book.

I have a friend that has an entire library of records (in book format) on the history of all of the mining done in our current area from as far back as there has been any written documentation (from just after the mid 1800's), and he's offered to let me use it. I know that a lot of it has never been published to the Internet, so it's an invaluable resource.

However,  I also know that many current prospectors are having a lot of success working information that been published on the Internet, as well as success with software applications using Lidar, satellite imaging, Mag-surveys, Google Earth, and of course the use of drones for aerial overlook etc.,  but I have yet to take the complete plunge into all of that technology.

All the best, 

Lanny

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Lanny in AB said:

I respect your reasons for not publishing, and perhaps one day we'll see some of your other golden secrets published in a book.

I have a friend that has an entire library of records (in book format) on the history of all of the mining done in our current area from as far back as there has been any written documentation (from just after the mid 1800's), and he's offered to let me use it. I know that a lot of it has never been published to the Internet, so it's an invaluable resource.

However,  I also know that many current prospectors are having a lot of success working information that been published on the Internet, as well as success with software applications using Lidar, satellite imaging, Mag-surveys, Google Earth, and of course the use of drones for aerial overlook etc.,  but I have yet to take the complete plunge into all of that technology.

All the best, 

Lanny

That's kinda funny Lanny. The story I wrote about Baja is centered around an old book that I found in a public library back in the 1980's.
that's where I did most my research when I first started prospecting.
It was in the geology section with other books on mining.I checked the book out and had a Spanish friend translate it for me.
My Spanish speaking is not that great much less trying to read it.I was going to use excerpts from it in the story in my book but I cant find it online.
It may be that I dont have the name of the book correct or its just not there, I dont know.
I may end up going back the library and see if they still have it.

I have a pretty extensive mining library myself that I have accumulated over the years.
Some are rare and very collectible. I have found many old gold area's in them that are not in 
more current books but the details and maps on some area's are vague.
Herein lies the Baja story. It was almost a treasure hunt and took me several years and trips down there to find it.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1
18 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

That's kinda funny Lanny. The story I wrote about Baja is centered around an old book that I found in a public library back in the 1980's.
that's where I did most my research when I first started prospecting.
It was in the geology section with other books on mining.I checked the book out and had a Spanish friend translate it for me.
My Spanish speaking is not that great much less trying to read it.I was going to use excerpts from it in the story in my book but I cant find it online.
It may be that I don't have the name of the book correct or its just not there, I don't know.
I may end up going back the library and see if they still have it.

I have a pretty extensive mining library myself that I have accumulated over the years.
Some are rare and very collectible. I have found many old gold area's in them that are not in 
more current books but the details and maps on some area's are vague.
Herein lies the Baja story. It was almost a treasure hunt and took me several years and trips down there to find it.
AzNuggetBob

Thanks for the reply Bob. So, now my curiosity has been heightened: are you ever planning on writing a story about that adventure? If so, will it be part of a book?

It sounds like a fascinating hunt involving dedicated detective work in an area, that due to increased risk factors, will likely be off-bounds . . .

As for all of the wonders of the Internet, it's only as wonderful as what someone scans into its computer-net brain. So, old books and maps will always be priceless resources, until every one of them is scoured and uploaded, which is likely not going to happen, especially for obscure works and anecdotal mining notes.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny Yes I am working on a book. I have been for a few years. I dont think most people realize how much gold is being mined down in Mexico.
Ive been going back and forth down there off and on since the 80's.When I first found the almost/ghost town I was surprised that most of the locals that still live there had no interest in the gold at all.
I really think, they where convinced, it was all gone long ago.
there is only about ten people still living there and they all worked for the ranches in the area.One guy I met came to my camp and we talked about mining in the area.
he knew about the gold and the history of the old mining town.
between his broken English and my broken Spanish and an interest in mining we hit it off and became friends.
He sort of became my translator/middle man from then on. he knew all the right people in the area.
Down there it really depends on who you know and what state your mining in or prospecting in.
It depends on whether they are Mexican companies. Canada has a big stake in it.Like a lot of other gold area's.
The rules and regs seem to depend on how big you are (company/corp) and what state your prospecting or mining in.
But they dont pay much attention to the small miners.I will say no matter what town your in, If the locals dont seem like they want to talk to you, 
its probably not a good place to be.
Same thing happened to me in La paz. best advise I can tell you is never EVER tell them your a treasure hunter down there.in the smaller towns, treasure hunters generally have a bad reputation.
If you even get close to a Jesuit mission/church with a metal detector you are either crazy or really dumb. 
but I have to say overall the small towns are not like the big cities.some of the friendliest people I've ever met. 
AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • well done 1
  • 2 weeks later...

If you find yourself in a place where a lot of cottonwood trees used to be, than you may be in the right place. AzNuggetBob

Morlock I haven't had time to look through the link but
this is just some of my thoughts on subject.
From the day we are born, numbers enter into our lives.We base everything on numbers in one way or another.
numbers equal time,as we perceive it based on what we have learned based on the rotation of the planets in "our" solar system/galaxy.
Numbers do control our lives whether we like it or not from beginning to end.
I could throw in a lot more examples but I don't think I need too.
If you don't believe me, try to get through a single day without thinking about numbers.
Could basing everything on numbers be incorrect, just because they make theoretical sense based on the numbers 
as we try to comprehend time and the psychics of our universe. as far as I know we are not even sure what dark matter is or how it may control the astrophysics
in our solar system/galaxy.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2
10 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Morlock I haven't had time to look through the link but
this is just some of my thoughts on subject.
From the day we are born, numbers enter into our lives.We base everything on numbers in one way or another.
numbers equal time,as we perceive it based on what we have learned based on the rotation of the planets in "our" solar system/galaxy.
Numbers do control our lives whether we like it or not from beginning to end.
I could throw in a lot more examples but I don't think I need too.
If you don't believe me, try to get through a single day without thinking about numbers.
Could basing everything on numbers be incorrect, just because they make theoretical sense based on the numbers 
as we try to comprehend time and the psychics of our universe. as far as I know we are not even sure what dark matter is or how it may control the astrophysics
in our solar system/galaxy.
AzNuggetBob

I'm a custom cabinet builder, I would be without a job without using numbers, my original occupation was auto/diesel mechanic and still is to a certian degree considering I do all mine, close friends and family's mechanical work, here again I wouldn't be able to do this work either without numbers, and when I get paid for my work without numbers what would be my reward.

• Like 1
  • well done 1
14 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

I'm a custom cabinet builder, I would be without a job without using numbers, my original occupation was auto/diesel mechanic and still is to a certian degree considering I do all mine, close friends and family's mechanical work, here again I wouldn't be able to do this work either without numbers, and when I get paid for my work without numbers what would be my reward.

That isn't exactly what I was getting at Skip. but it is a good example of how we are all programmed from birth to think.
Lets take weights and measures.we have several different methods to come to the same conclusion.avoirdupois/troy/metric etc.
our methods of measure may not work in other places because of our three dimensional thinking even though we are aware of as many as 11, 10 dimensions with String theory.
Take dark matter. we know its there but we have no way of measuring it,yet.so we cant prove it exists but we know its there.
we can already transmit information on a beam of light at the speed of light by converting matter to light particles and reassembling them somewhere else. 
so if you take numbers apart and reassemble them somewhere else in reverse order they always come to the same conclusion somewhere else. We can already take things apart down to an atomic level and reassemble them.
Why not do the same thing with other solid objects? take them apart and digitally encode the particles and reassemble them somewhere else.
A simple example is electroplating.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

In my opinion black holes are in the center of almost every galaxy.galaxies are nothing more than the result of a massive explosion spinning out into space.
Possibly from the impact of neutron stars.I really think neutron stars are the key.(Protons/Neutrons/Electrons)the planets in a particular solar system within that galaxy are the result of debre that began to rotate and coalesce by its own gravity into single planets and moons.
but at some point the expansion of these solar systems and galaxies begin to reverse and stop spreading out and are drawn
back into the vacuum of a black hole. the black hole may be a hole in space or dark matter/dark energy from the original explosion.

when the black hole draws the galaxies into it, at some point when it can now longer absorb it has a reaction known as a quasar and later an Andromeda or nebula's after its spent out all of its newly created dark energy soon to create new stars.
and I believe its a viscous cycle that goes on forever,and unless we develop the technology to escape our galaxy in the future we are just going along for the ride.
Colliding neutron stars may be the big bang over and over again.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, H-2 Charlie said:

so a milky way actually gets eaten up ?

charlie

In a small amount of time, how do you know if a galaxy is expanding or getting drawn in?

AzNuggetBob

Investing in Gold Mining Companies

We are very pleased with the step-out drilling done at Pine Cove and Stog'er Tight. Based on historical drilling and the current drill results, we see the potential to continue mining on the southern and western side of the Pine Cove pit without compromising our tailings storage activities. In addition, we are encouraged by the possibility of adding more ore on the northern portion of the Stog'er Tight Deposit. In the coming weeks, we will incorporate these drill results into our resource models and determine whether we can extend the mining operations at Pine Cove and Stog'er Tight beyond our existing mineral resource plan."

~Dustin Angelo, President and CEO, Anaconda Mining Inc.

Selected highlights from previous drilling in contiguous mineralized zones within the unmined portion of the Pine Cove Deposit include:

• 8.75 g/t gold over 6.5 metres (15.5 to 22.0 metres) in hole PC-90-078;
  • 2.66 g/t gold over 15.9 metres (6.0 to 22.0 metres) in hole PC-15-257;
  • 2.59 g/t gold over 15.9 metres (41.6 to 57.5 metres) in hole PC-90-036;
  • 2.00 g/t gold over 17.2 metres (22.4 to 39.6 metres) in hole PC-04-133; and 
  • 6.11 g/t gold over 5.0 metres (31.3 to 36.3 metres) in hole PC-92-107.

A table of selected composited assays from the Drill Program is presented below.

In addition to the drilling adjacent to the Pine Cove mine, the Drill Program included 1,812 metres in 12 diamond drill holes (AN-18-06 to 17) to explore the area between the Pine Cove mine and the Anoroc Prospect located approximately 800 metres southwest of the Pine Cove Deposit. Historic channel sampling and several historic diamond drill holes at Anoroc, including 9.92 g/t gold over 2.0 metres in hole AN-90-01, had previously intersected host rocks, alteration and mineralization similar in style and character to those of the Pine Cove Deposit. Drilling at the Anoroc Prospect intersected Pine Cove-like alteration and, locally, low grade mineralization, including 1.11 g/t gold over 5.5 metres (AN-18-13), but did not encounter significant assays to justify further exploration work at this time.

https://www.anacondamining.com/2019-02-20-Anaconda-Mining-Intersects-6-45-g-t-Gold-over-5-0-Metres-and-1-89-g-t-Gold-over-12-0-Metres-at-Point-Rousse-Project

456430.image0.jpg

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Some are fishermen, some are miners. Some are miners in a boat and some are fishermen on a bulldozer. The trick is telling the difference.

Some of us wear many hats.
AzNuggetBob

On 3/31/2019 at 4:17 AM, AzNuggetBob said:

In my opinion black holes are in the center of almost every galaxy.galaxies are nothing more than the result of a massive explosion spinning out into space.
Possibly from the impact of neutron stars.I really think neutron stars are the key.(Protons/Neutrons/Electrons)the planets in a particular solar system within that galaxy are the result of debre that began to rotate and coalesce by its own gravity into single planets and moons.
but at some point the expansion of these solar systems and galaxies begin to reverse and stop spreading out and are drawn
back into the vacuum of a black hole. the black hole may be a hole in space or dark matter/dark energy from the original explosion.

when the black hole draws the galaxies into it, at some point when it can now longer absorb it has a reaction known as a quasar and later an Andromeda or nebula's after its spent out all of its newly created dark energy soon to create new stars.
and I believe its a viscous cycle that goes on forever,and unless we develop the technology to escape our galaxy in the future we are just going along for the ride.
Colliding neutron stars may be the big bang over and over again.
AzNuggetBob

Actually they predict galaxies and star systems will keep growing farther and farther apart until billions of years from now, the night sky will be completely dark. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

7 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Actually they predict galaxies and star systems will keep growing farther and farther apart until billions of years from now, the night sky will be completely dark. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

Who is "they"? and its more in the trillions of years.

AzNuggetBob

4 hours ago, Morlock said:

If you already know it's in the trillions of years, then you know who "they" are.😀

Morelock the only thing I know about "that theory" with any certainty, its another theory.
AzNuggetBob