Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...


Recommended Posts

On 9/20/2018 at 4:38 AM, Morlock said:

I'm going to try and find some nuclear pasta in the stores today. Sounds yummy.

https://www.livescience.com/63619-nuclear-pasta-strongest-substance.html

That's good Morlock. Thanks for posting that. :)

AzNuggetBob

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old placer cherry picking.   I said I would share more gold indicators, here is more info that has worked well for me. this trick has helped me find a lot of patches and big nuggets. When

GOD DID IT TO DRIVE MEN MAD WITH GOLD FEVER...... and it worked-John

Swamp   That nugget was the end of a great run. it was 7.3/4 ounces as I recall. I was celebrating with a cold one.I did my research, went out to a new area well known for gold. I eye balled the geo

Posted Images

I'm kind of scratching my head after reading the article. This one says 

"Primary gold is produced under high pressures and temperatures deep below the Earth's surface and is mined"

Yet another article says gold was produced by the collusion of two neutron stars. 

Obviously there's a difference of opinion. Who's right or are they both right?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gold the element is created in the collusion of two neutron stars. No gold is created or produced within the earths gravity well.

A lot of this stuff has been known for quite a while but when the popular press tries to simplify the concepts for their readers they often mess up the real meaning.

To be clear - microbes do not create nuggets. Gold is not created in the earth. Some plants can contain some gold in their structure but no plants can be harvested to mine gold from the plant material.

There are probably a few other prospector myths I missed but the point is that when a writer doesn't understand the subject they are writing about they end up with invisible microbes crapping nuggets they created in the center of the earth. The story is based on real hard science discoveries but it loses all meaning when someone tries to make into something exciting enough to sell to an editor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 3:03 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

...My recollection of him was a photo of a red jolly rancher on a volcanic matrix. Spun a tall tale to go with it. Called it a red beryl and had a bunch of guys really going on about it. Laughed so hard I think I busted a stitch...

Without a doubt the best April Fool's tale of tallness here ever..!

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:39 AM, clay said:

Gold the element is created in the collusion of two neutron stars. No gold is created or produced within the earths gravity well.

A lot of this stuff has been known for quite a while but when the popular press tries to simplify the concepts for their readers they often mess up the real meaning.

To be clear - microbes do not create nuggets. Gold is not created in the earth. Some plants can contain some gold in their structure but no plants can be harvested to mine gold from the plant material.

There are probably a few other prospector myths I missed but the point is that when a writer doesn't understand the subject they are writing about they end up with invisible microbes crapping nuggets they created in the center of the earth. The story is based on real hard science discoveries but it loses all meaning when someone tries to make into something exciting enough to sell to an editor.

BB in simple terms. According to the best geology and astrophysics experts
I've read, and experienced out in the field from a geology standpoint in the last 40 years,the earth is a regenerating
Recycling machine and I agree with them on that. Its obvious its rotating the surface back into the center by
with its tectonic plate rotation that re-deposits gold in some cases by geothermal, hydrothermal or even electrolysis.
According to what many astrophysicist believe,including myself the core temperatures and pressures on the earth are not sufficient to produce gold.
So its more than likely gold came from colliding stars and was probably deposited on the earth from space,asteroids,meteorite from a star explosion billions of years ago. 

AzNuggetBob

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

BB in simple terms. According to the best geology and astrophysics experts
I've read, and experienced out in the field from a geology standpoint in the last 40 years,the earth is a regenerating
Recycling machine and I agree with them on that. Its obvious its rotating the surface back into the center by
with its tectonic plate rotation that re-deposits gold in some cases by geothermal, hydrothermal or even electrolysis.
According to what many astrophysicist believe,including myself the core temperatures and pressures on the earth are not sufficient to produce gold.
So its more than likely gold came from colliding stars and was probably deposited on the earth from space,asteroids,meteorite from a star explosion billions of years ago. 

AzNuggetBob

Groovy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 6:38 AM, Bedrock Bob said:

Groovy.

BB I'm glad you also agree about electrolysis in natural gold formation. I just saw it in one of your posts. also I forgot to mention epithermal gold deposition in my last post.
Its a little more specific but much later time period in earths geologic evolutionary process.
Its believed to be the probable reason for the formation of many of the gold deposits in Az. like San Domingo and some other areas in Az. more of a secondary deposit than primary. just wondering what your thoughts are on it. 
AzNuggetBob

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

BB I'm glad you also agree about electrolysis in natural gold formation. I just saw it in one of your posts. also I forgot to mention epithermal gold deposition in my last post.
Its a little more specific but much later time period in earths geologic evolutionary process.
Its believed to be the probable reason for the formation of many of the gold deposits in Az. like San Domingo and some other areas in Az. more of a secondary deposit than primary. just wondering what your thoughts are on it. 
AzNuggetBob

Hello Bob, glad to see ya posting. Welcome back.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

BB I'm glad you also agree about electrolysis in natural gold formation. I just saw it in one of your posts. also I forgot to mention epithermal gold deposition in my last post.
Its a little more specific but much later time period in earths geologic evolutionary process.
Its believed to be the probable reason for the formation of many of the gold deposits in Az. like San Domingo and some other areas in Az. more of a secondary deposit than primary. just wondering what your thoughts are on it. 
AzNuggetBob

Bob,

I don't ponder where gold ultimately came from. I am more about where it is right now and where it will be tomorrow.

I mentioned electrolysis in relation to supergene enrichment. It happens a lot more readily in polymetallic ore with acid drainage. Gossans that dip to water table is my bag and what I search for. How that gold formed and where it originated is something that I don't worry about too much.

Most of the gold in my area is stratabound placer in reworked gravels. It ultimately formed in some way in someone's mind. That has very little bearing on where it is now. Location is more about recognizing the color of the gold bearing gravel and knowing the erosionary forces that led to it being deposited there. What type of formation it originated from or whether it came from a distant star is wholly unimportant to me. Finding a gut of rich gravel is the only point of interest and that is more reliant on knowing slope, wind and water.

I rely on recognizing differences in gravel compositions and being keenly aware of the depth to bedrock. Or recognizing the oxidized gossan and knowing how far down it is to water table. Pondering how gold was ultimately formed makes for an interesting read but I cant figure out how it would help me find more of it.

Spending a lot of time testing and knowing the areas where gold has been located is important to me. Recognizing the gold bearing geology is of interest. How gold originally formed is a fantastic conversation that I generally don't have unless I have a big buzz going and a lot of spare time on my hands. I will leave all that to the "best geology and astrophysics experts" to ponder.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 11:39 AM, clay said:

Gold the element is created in the collusion of two neutron stars. No gold is created or produced within the earths gravity well.

 

There was no collusion...lol. My understanding is it was / is the collapse of a neutron star.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GeoJack said:

Just snagged this off of a FB group page. Great read for those interested in pocket gold.

Pocket Mines Alex Quartz (1).pdf

When I was in northern Nevada years ago, I got acquainted with a guy by the name of George Duffy who spent quite a bit of time searching for pocket gold.. While I never saw any of his gold, he must have been successful as one of gold prospecting magazines ran an article on him and his techniques. It may have been ICMJ but it was published years ago.

I really miss not being out west anymore..

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a pocket mine, the descriptions in that article perfectly describe what I see in my diggings and the surrounding ground. Going to put to test the sampling of the ground downhill from the pocket(s) to see if eluvial gold is present.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeoJack said:

There was no collusion...lol. My understanding is it was / is the collapse of a neutron star.

Yeah that's a typo Jack. Thanks for correcting it, it was past the edit date when I noticed.

I wasn't there when the heavier elements were created but physics has come around to the point of view that the most likely circumstance is the collision of two or more neutron stars.

That's different than when I was studying physics but the explanation as to why it usually takes two neutron stars is fairly convincing. Of course these are only theories, maybe in a few years they will decide it was really Santa Claus or his Mrs. behind the whole thing - who am I to argue. I was just trying to present the current "most likely" scenario for the creation of the heavier elements, including gold.

Here are a few more links to the new information on heavy element creation:

MIT

Cal Tech

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Morlock said:

When I was in northern Nevada years ago, I got acquainted with a guy by the name of George Duffy who spent quite a bit of time searching for pocket gold.. While I never saw any of his gold, he must have been successful as one of gold prospecting magazines ran an article on him and his techniques. It may have been ICMJ but it was published years ago.

I really miss not being out west anymore..

This was the article I was referring to but you have to have a subscription to ICMJ to read the whole article. Perhaps someone who does have a subscription can read it and enlighten the forum members.

https://www.icmj.com/magazine/article/picks-pans-george-duffy-jr.-pocket-miner-extraordinaire-1137/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Earth Swallowed Another Planet and (Maybe) That's Why Life Exists

The ancient collision that formed the moon may also have brought with it all the ingredients needed for life, a new study finds.

Over 4.4 billion years ago, a Mars-size body smashed into a primitive Earth, launching our moon into permanent orbit around our planet.

But a new study finds that this event could have had a much larger impact than previously thought. The collision could also have imbued our planet with the carbon, nitrogen and sulfur needed for life to form, scientists reported today (Jan. 23) in the journal Science Advances.

Read on.....

https://www.livescience.com/64572-planetary-collision-life-earth.html

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Hello Bob, glad to see ya posting. Welcome back.

Thanks Dan. great to be back on the forum again. I've been off the grid for the last couple of months, so to speak. been busy on a new project.
still trying to catch up on all the new info on the forum. How have you been doing up north.finding any new gold,relics,coins? 

AzNuggetBob

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Morlock said:

When I was in northern Nevada years ago, I got acquainted with a guy by the name of George Duffy who spent quite a bit of time searching for pocket gold.. While I never saw any of his gold, he must have been successful as one of gold prospecting magazines ran an article on him and his techniques. It may have been ICMJ but it was published years ago.

I really miss not being out west anymore..

Hey Morlock how ya doing. George Duffy has been at it awhile. He is one of the old hunters from N.Nv. that I ran into from time to time. He and Smokey detected a lot of gold in that area. and I saw a lot of it.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GeoJack said:

There was no collusion...lol. My understanding is it was / is the collapse of a neutron star.

collapse and (exploding) believed to cause black hole and a new solar system from the blast by some)or colliding  with another neutron star they are still not sure. AzNuggetBob

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

collapse and (exploding) believed to cause black hole and a new galaxy from the blast by some)or colliding  with another neutron star they are still not sure. AzNuggetBob

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Thanks Dan. great to be back on the forum again. I've been off the grid for the last couple of months, so to speak. been busy on a new project.
still trying to catch up on all the new info on the forum. How have you been doing up north.finding any new gold,relics,coins? 

AzNuggetBob

Thats good, new projects keep us busy.

We haven't been out for quite a while. Had 4 months of hunting season and now winter has set in in full force. Several feet of snow and cold. So unless something changes weather wise, were stuck for a few more months. We might head down south to lovelock area for a weekend and meet up with dad here one of these upcoming weekends. Been high 50s down that direction haha.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

Several feet of snow and cold. 

As much time as I spent in N Nevada, I never had to endure my ultimate nightmare....feet of snow...

Edited by Morlock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...