Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

48 minutes ago, homefire said:

Theoretically putting it in contact with Anti Matter.   And This is what makes the stuff so Valued. 

FYI

http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/april-2015/ten-things-you-might-not-know-about-antimatter

PS... Don't eat any bananas.😉

Edited by Morlock

LOL, Yea.   Most folks do not know Bananas are Radio Active !  

Edited by homefire

Doc good to see you and everyone else here too and as always I appreciate your opinions and your jokes too.
Based on the magnetic core and magnetic field of our earth that we have little doubt about that helps protect us from solar radiation,CME's. Could gold be formed there and squeezed up to the surface under eminence pressure? or boiled up to the surface in solutions from friction caused by the tectonic plate shuffle of the surface crust.
Most scientist are sure that water can not exist deep in our planet. Way too hot and we know our planet used to be hotter than it is today. so its had plenty of time to boil it out.or is hydrogen and nitrogen gases being formed in the core?and when they get close to the surface and mix with oxygen they form water.
We know gold not pushed up in molten state as the temperature aren't there based on the rock formation where most gold is formed and when the temps are there to melt it, such as a volcanic vent, not much gold? So Is gold coming from or being made in the core of our planet.? this is some of the reasons I have my doubts.

Btw Did you know that cabbage is high in cyanide. :D

AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

Ok enough speculation. lets talk about where some gold comes from. :D
I'm going to let another trade secret or two out of the bag that I was saving for my book.

One time I was working with some partners on an old gold mine in Az. We were setting up new leach pads to re-process the old ore piles and tailings plus we brought some new tech that the old timers didn't have back then on leaching.I may get into that later.

We brought two semi trailers that we custom built with a small smelter, Lab,and two three cylinder carbon column leaching systems back to back and one flat bed trailer with a jaw/impact/rolling mill. but there was a lot more to it than that.

The assays we ran were averaging .23 to.36oz.pt.on the old mine toss out ore piles and a little less on the pre-milled 200 mesh pre-leached tailings. so we crushed and mixed them together. the original high grade ore there ran about 8-12 ozs to the ton by what we had researched. very rich and not that hygrading old mining tailings wasn't fun but profitable too.

I'm looking around at some of the old buildings still standing there and I noticed there were tons of slag piles next to an old smelter there too. So just for grins we crushed some of the slag in our impact mill to see if they were loosing any gold in their bar pours,slag/flux. it happens if the furnace smelting process isn't done correctly. I've found this on several old mine sites.

Some of the slag/flux we found was loaded with round metallic beads from microscopic tiny beads up to about the size of about
#2-4 shotgun shot. the beads ran about 70/30 gold silver. So we were hand sorting out the best pieces of slag with a metal detector.
Ya my partner and I had something to do while watching the new(cyanide/xxxxxxxxx)leach pads perculate.
It took days to get a good return flow on the new pads anyway. we had re-milled it to 400 mesh and piled them about a yard deep with a loader on top of huge rolled out rubber sheet with locally screened creek sand under and above it for flow and to protect it from the loader.
Here is a photo of the first gold bar.

We where pouring them every other day off the 200 yard leach pads for weeks before the bar size started tapering off and we rotated the plant pregnant solution valves to new pads and rotated the ore on the old ones. the bars weighed about ten ounces each on the first returns and after we got several pads up and running it kept us pretty busy.
I dont know what the slag pile averaged per ton but the stuff we high graded with a detector ran several ozs to the ton.

You may want to crush up and pan some of those old slag piles you find around old gold mines. you may be surprised what you find.
Take care out there.
AzNuggetBob

first gold bar new.jpg

Edited by AzNuggetBob
spelling
  • Like 8

Ya just never know Bob.... Nice.

• Like 1

RIGHTEOUS MAN :thumbsupanim John

LOL, Yep they got a bit loose and skippy at times it seems. Didn't worry about the Slops as long as life was good.

On 12/12/2014 at 10:58 AM, azblackbird said:

What blows me away is if precious metals originated from the bombardment of asteroids and space dust, how come we're still not being bombarded yet today? When did it all stop? :89:

Who says we are not?

• Like 2

Kevin
From what I've found doing research on this subject some believe that the gold on our planet is from a neutron star explosion near our planet millions of years ago. could there be large gold nuggets in the asteroid belt? some think its raining down from the asteroid belt in the form of asteroids and meteorites or even dust. tests have shown that some meteorites contain gold but in small amounts?
It may be a combination of both over time and reconstituting in the surface crust of out planet over time. We know that the surface of our planet is reconstituting itself through plate tectonic shuffle over the core
and that may be causing the concentration of gold deposit in the same process through a combination of heat,  and geothermal natural chemical percolation and precipitation to form the deposits we are mining today.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Let me put it this way, gold can vaporize. if subjected to enough heat.so when you see a falling star and it appears to  disappear it vaporized. is it really gone completely, no.look at it like mercury. it boils, vaporizes but when it cools it come back to its natural state. So when you look up in the sky and you see a falling star disappear it could be raining gold in minute vaporized particles.
AznuggetBob

• Like 3

Good point Bob. Gold certainly isn't unique to this planet. It has to exist elsewhere. 
Maybe some day Minelab will make a detector that will let us beep the surface of other planets and asteroids from a spaceship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

Good point Bob. Gold certainly isn't unique to this planet. It has to exist elsewhere. 
Maybe some day Minelab will make a detector that will let us beep the surface of other planets and asteroids from a spaceship.  

I'd settle for diamonds any day. More bang for the buck and not that far off.

http://gizmodo.com/scientists-say-its-raining-diamonds-on-neptune-and-uran-1798150640
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Morlock said:

I'd settle for diamonds any day. More bang for the buck and not that far off.

http://gizmodo.com/scientists-say-its-raining-diamonds-on-neptune-and-uran-1798150640

Interesting concept and may work. now all we have to do is figure out how to get there and catch them falling from the sky. truth is if the public really knew how many diamonds we are digging here on earth they would not be near as valuable as they are.

I've seen Russian stock piles of them in the thousands of pounds of them in banks bags stored in underground vaults.

https://youtu.be/sgdQ17tSHtw

AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

So I guess this means opening a price fixing shop isn't such a good idea after all..? Like, why get something repaired when it's just as cheap to replace it with new.. Gol durn disposable society we live in anyhow, grumble.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp 

12 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Interesting concept and may work. now all we have to do is figure out how to get there and catch them falling from the sky. truth is if the public really knew how many diamonds we are digging here on earth they would not be near as valuable as they are.

I've seen Russian stock piles of them in the thousands of pounds of them in banks bags stored in underground vaults.

https://youtu.be/sgdQ17tSHtw

AzNuggetBob

I predict people in 10 to 15 years will be able to make their own diamonds at home via the CVD process. Increased AI capabilities and miniaturization of this process will make the russian diamond stockpiles nearly worthless.

http://www.cvd-diamond.com/geninfo_en.htm

• Like 2

Anything is possible today ... or tomorrow at the latest! Technology is moving at such a fast pace that I don't underestimate anything anymore! If you can think it ... it is possible! If not now, soon!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Anything is possible today ... or tomorrow at the latest! Technology is moving at such a fast pace that I don't underestimate anything anymore! If you can think it ... it is possible! If not now, soon!

So true Mike, My dad told me the same thing many years ago and I've never forgotten it. AzNuggetBob

On 9/9/2017 at 6:31 AM, Swampstomper Al said:

So I guess this means opening a price fixing shop isn't such a good idea after all..? Like, why get something repaired when it's just as cheap to replace it with new.. Gol durn disposable society we live in anyhow, grumble.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp 

Swamp I think your talking about China. The USA builds things that last. buy USA.

AzNuggetBob

On the subject of American made. I have done very well using American made metal detectors. arguably Minelab metal detectors are the best. Pulse induction are the best. but regardless of the detector I'm swinging it seems that research and some knowledge of gold geology wins over all. light weight keeps me hunting longer and the longer I hunt with more information seems to produce the most gold.

I say hunt light, use a lighter or even hip mounted machine and hunt all day long, until recently Minelab PI's have been a bit on the heavy side. sometimes it takes me hours to track the source of the gold especially if its not in an area that's been worked by the old timers. once you learn how to read the old timers diggings it will point you to the source. if you have any doubts about the detector your using as far depth in an area you've hunted without finding any gold based on the indicators your seeing. come back with the big guns later. Always worked for me and I'm not killing my arm and my drive with a heavy machine everywhere I go.

Don't let your pick get rusty.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 4

Yep sound advise there and learning to track the old timers source searching has led me to many a nugget and still does.... I do much of that on Google Earth as well :brows:

• Like 1

Cosmic Dust is way more then a nuisance. It's proven to be Abrasive and darn right dangerous to space craft. The Earth is gaining mass faster then ever realized. Yep, some of it is GOLD is my bet.

http://www.tulane.edu/~sanelson/Natural_Disasters/impacts.htm

Edited by homefire
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Thanks for the link Dakota Slim
I have been studying titanium for some time. It does have some amazing properties when mixed with other metals. one of my favorites is when its mixed with   4% aluminum, 2.5% vanadium, and 1.5% iron . Technology is learning (AI) and moving so fast its getting hard to keep up.
AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

3 hours ago, homefire said:

Cosmic Dust is way more then a nuisance. It's proven to be Abrasive and darn right dangerous to space craft. The Earth is gaining mass faster then ever realized. Yep, some of it is GOLD is my bet.

http://www.tulane.edu/~sanelson/Natural_Disasters/impacts.htm

Very interesting loaded with new info. I haven't seen this yet. Hmmmmm new food for thought.
Thanks for the link Homie

AzNuggetBob

There is so much out we are just starting to understand.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/7-biggest-unanswered-questions-physics-ncna789666

AzNuggetBob

• Like 2