Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

Mark I suggest you look at https://mrdata.usgs.gov/ should answer the rock type questions your lookin for in a given area.
and take a good look at this site. http://www.MinerDiggins.com It has a wealth of  "updated" info on gold mining.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Mark I suggest you look at https://mrdata.usgs.gov/ should answer the rock type questions your lookin for in a given area.
and take a good look at this site. http://www.MinerDiggins.com It has a wealth of  "updated" info on gold mining.

AzNuggetBob

AzNuggetBob,

Thanks again for pointing me in right direction.

M

On 4/22/2017 at 6:26 AM, Marky Mark said:

AzNuggetBob,

Thanks again for pointing me in right direction.

M

Your very welcome Mark. Best of luck to you. AzNuggetBob

Here's another piece of our current earth's puzzle. The "colossal volumes of sulpher" mentioned here would have also had to have included colossal volumes of whatever minerals were in the asteroid as well as those in the impact area.

"The shallow sea covering the target site meant colossal volumes of sulphur (from the mineral gypsum) were injected into the atmosphere, extending the "global winter" period that followed the immediate firestorm."

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39922998

Edited by Dakota Slim

Nice link Dakota Slim, I think some asteroids penetrated earth's crust causing major volcanic eruptions. But I have to disagree with high sulfur possibly being a link or indicator for the disposition of gold deposits based on the lab tests I've done. but I cant be sure that large meteorite or asteroid impacts may have contributed to them based on the known test analysis of found meteorites. It does make sense. High sulfur is common in volcanic areas and although I agree gold is found near them as secondary deposits but not that much in them. so the sulfur may be preventing gold deposits?and causing the gold to vaporize along with high temps. (yes gold can vaporize in the right conditions and high enough heat). When hunting secondary deposits, I go after the sweet spot I call it. It's just the right distance from the nearest volcano. I call it the goldy locks zone. and you can learn to spot the perimeter visually. not too hot, not to cold. where the hot gold pregnant solutions begin to cool and chemical changes like iron deposits (acidic to alkaline) or even an electrolysis grounding effect on the solutions when exposed to iron, I think large gold deposits could be found around asteroid impact sites, with the intense heat and instantaneous vaporization of large amounts of rock and metal surrounding it depending on size and where the asteroid happens to land.   AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

There ya ago Bob, "hot gold pregnant solutions". They dump their gold in a variety of forms, from hard rock veins to big globs to crystalline, wire and chevron nuggets or microscopic particles in ore bodies. What if some of that hot gold pregnant solution became airborne? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

There ya ago Bob, "hot gold pregnant solutions". They dump their gold in a variety of forms, from hard rock veins to big globs to crystalline, wire and chevron nuggets or microscopic particles in ore bodies. What if some of that hot gold pregnant solution became airborne? 

Mini escudos from heaven..? Gold-plated acid rain..?? :89:

Swamp

• Like 2

On 6/9/2017 at 8:40 AM, fredmason said:

Where is that BOOK???

fred

fred
Im putting the gold book on hold for now. I still haven't decided on a format.Book,DVD,Download.

On 6/9/2017 at 9:55 AM, Dakota Slim said:

Slim I agree
I'm working on a new theory on why there is not much gold in some types of volcano's.and so far its leading me to believe its not primarily coming from the lower or even the upper mantel, or even the inner core.
but rather more from the surface crust.

On 6/9/2017 at 10:10 AM, Swampstomper Al said:

Mini escudos from heaven..? Gold-plated acid rain..?? :89:

Swamp

Swamp
Ive always been a big fan of Spanish gold. now all I need to do is find one. mini Spanish gold escudos raining down from the the sky would not hurt my feelings. :ROFL::thumbsupanim
but seriously I do think gold "rains" down from the sky at least in small particles after these major events and back into the geologic network.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 10:11 PM, AzNuggetBob said:

Slim I agree
I'm working on a new theory on why there is not much gold in some types of volcano's.and so far its leading me to believe its not primarily coming from the lower or even the upper mantel, or even the inner core.
but rather more from the surface crust.

That's a great theory Bob. I think if gold primarily came from the inner core it would be found in more places. It would be great if every state had a mother lode but then again gold wouldn't be worth as much as it is. 

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365642819/

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 4

Bob, my internet connection is too slow to watch that video but at some point I will. 
Meanwhile, I just posted a story in the fossils section. It's about a 250 million year old sea monster they just discovered near Elko, NV. According to that article, "The existence of bony fish <<<close to the equator where Nevada was located during the Early Triassic>>> indicates that the temperature of the sea was a maximum of 36°C (95°F)." 

I'm more interested in the location of Nevada -- relative to the equator -- than the temperature at that point in time. Not sure that it has anything to do with where gold comes from but it's a sure indicator that it can move around in ways we can hardly imagine. 

Edited by Dakota Slim

Slim I agree it's well known (based on age of fossils found there) that at one time (precambrian) or maybe even later Nevada was covered by the sea.

But whats really interesting is why it receded.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Why the fascination with Gold?  Where did any of the elements come from?

To say that Gold is not made on earth is an unprovable statement.  Is lead formed on earth?

A lot of things can happen in the earth's core via fission and fusion.  Perhaps elements are formed inside the molten core of the earth just the way the nuclear fusion of hydrogen nuclei into helium occurs on the sun.  Anytime you have nuclear reactions you are rearranging the atomic structure of elements.  When you rearrange the atomic structure of one element, you end up with another.  In the case of the sun, the reaction of changing hydrogen into helium.  My knowledge of physics sucks, but basically hydrogen has 1 proton and 1 electron, and helium I believe has 2 protons and 2 electrons.  Well through nuclear reaction, that atomic structure of Hydrogen gets changed into Helium.  If I remember correctly, I think two Hydrogen atoms get fused, and the 2 Hydrogen atoms each having 1 electron and 1 proton, now become 2 electrons and 2 protons which is Helium.  However during this fusion energy is released because I think the reaction gives off positrons and neutrinos, or something like that.  Too deep for me.  Only Stephen Hawkin understand this stuff.  

The point being is that LEAD has an atomic number of 82 and Gold has an atomic number of 79.  I think they are neutral atoms which means they have the same number of electrons and protons.  So gold has 79 electrons and protons, and lead 82 of each.  I think gold has 118 neutrons.  Anyway, who is to say that a nuclear reaction in the core of the earth can not knock off 3 protons and electrons from lead, and BOOM you have gold.  So what happens to those 3 electrons and 3 protons?  Well Lithium 7 is an element whose atomic structure is comprised of 3 electrons and 3 protons and 4 neutrons.  So you take lead, do some nuclear reaction magic on it, and you end up with gold and lithium.

Now who knows if this is the truth or not, but in 1972 some physicist in Siberia doing experiments with a nuclear reactor reported that unexpectedly, and through an unexplained process, the lead lined walls of the reactor had turned into gold.  Apparently this was not what they were trying to do, so they had no idea what sequence of events led to this alleged phenomena.  I've read that theoretically you can change lead into gold, but the process would be so  expensive it would far outweigh the value of the gold produced.

Bottom line is, all elements are simply made up of different arrangements of protons, neutrons, electrons of atoms.  If we believe that these protons electrons and neutrons can be rearranged, then new elements can be formed.  So there is no reason to believe that gold is not still being produced here on earth, as are other elements.

We already know you can change the molecular structure of elements, because we have companies who are taking carbon and under intense heat and pressure they are forming diamonds.  Apparently there are two methods, one is heat and pressure applied to graphite, to form a diamond.  The other is really interesting.  It involves taking a small crystal of diamond, they put it in a depressurized chamber filled with natural gas and zap it with a microwave beam, the gas is heated to 2000 degrees while they rain down carbon atoms on the crystal.  Apparently over night a diamond sheet grows which is more flawless than nature can produce.  HOW WEIRD!

All this stuff is way over my head but I enjoy reading about it and trying to understand it.  I probably didn't explain it very well, or for that fact maybe I didn't explain it very accurately.  But science was never been my strong subject in school.  I majored in day dreaming.  :-)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DOC said:

K
 The other is really interesting.  It involves taking a small crystal of diamond, they put it in a depressurized chamber filled with natural gas and zap it with a microwave beam, the gas is heated to 2000 degrees while they rain down carbon atoms on the crystal.  Apparently over night a diamond sheet grows which is more flawless than nature can produce.  HOW WEIRD!

This process is called Carbon Vapor Deposition or CVD for short. I think in about 10 or 15 years this process will become so simplified and miniaturized, you'll be able to produce your own diamonds at home.

So guys, don't go out and buy an expensive diamond ring for your girlfriend. Get a much cheaper moissanite ring instead. She won't know the difference unless she takes it to a jeweler.😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DOC said:

Why the fascination with Gold?  Where did any of the elements come from?

To say that Gold is not made on earth is an unprovable statement.  Is lead formed on earth?

A lot of things can happen in the earth's core via fission and fusion.  Perhaps elements are formed inside the molten core of the earth just the way the nuclear fusion of hydrogen nuclei into helium occurs on the sun.  Anytime you have nuclear reactions you are rearranging the atomic structure of elements.  When you rearrange the atomic structure of one element, you end up with another.  In the case of the sun, the reaction of changing hydrogen into helium.  My knowledge of physics sucks, but basically hydrogen has 1 proton and 1 electron, and helium I believe has 2 protons and 2 electrons.  Well through nuclear reaction, that atomic structure of Hydrogen gets changed into Helium.  If I remember correctly, I think two Hydrogen atoms get fused, and the 2 Hydrogen atoms each having 1 electron and 1 proton, now become 2 electrons and 2 protons which is Helium.  However during this fusion energy is released because I think the reaction gives off positrons and neutrinos, or something like that.  Too deep for me.  Only Stephen Hawkin understand this stuff.  

The point being is that LEAD has an atomic number of 82 and Gold has an atomic number of 79.  I think they are neutral atoms which means they have the same number of electrons and protons.  So gold has 79 electrons and protons, and lead 82 of each.  I think gold has 118 neutrons.  Anyway, who is to say that a nuclear reaction in the core of the earth can not knock off 3 protons and electrons from lead, and BOOM you have gold.  So what happens to those 3 electrons and 3 protons?  Well Lithium 7 is an element whose atomic structure is comprised of 3 electrons and 3 protons and 4 neutrons.  So you take lead, do some nuclear reaction magic on it, and you end up with gold and lithium.

Now who knows if this is the truth or not, but in 1972 some physicist in Siberia doing experiments with a nuclear reactor reported that unexpectedly, and through an unexplained process, the lead lined walls of the reactor had turned into gold.  Apparently this was not what they were trying to do, so they had no idea what sequence of events led to this alleged phenomena.  I've read that theoretically you can change lead into gold, but the process would be so  expensive it would far outweigh the value of the gold produced.

Bottom line is, all elements are simply made up of different arrangements of protons, neutrons, electrons of atoms.  If we believe that these protons electrons and neutrons can be rearranged, then new elements can be formed.  So there is no reason to believe that gold is not still being produced here on earth, as are other elements.

We already know you can change the molecular structure of elements, because we have companies who are taking carbon and under intense heat and pressure they are forming diamonds.  Apparently there are two methods, one is heat and pressure applied to graphite, to form a diamond.  The other is really interesting.  It involves taking a small crystal of diamond, they put it in a depressurized chamber filled with natural gas and zap it with a microwave beam, the gas is heated to 2000 degrees while they rain down carbon atoms on the crystal.  Apparently over night a diamond sheet grows which is more flawless than nature can produce.  HOW WEIRD!

All this stuff is way over my head but I enjoy reading about it and trying to understand it.  I probably didn't explain it very well, or for that fact maybe I didn't explain it very accurately.  But science was never been my strong subject in school.  I majored in day dreaming.  :-)

6 hours ago, DOC said:

Where did any of the elements come from?

I believe astronomers theorize that heavy elements( above Iron) form in supernova explosions, as previously mentioned. I do not believe pressures  in the core or mantle of the earth can rise to the levels needed for fusion.  But there's plenty of  that activity in the surrounding stars of the  Universe.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, weaver hillbille said:

I believe astronomers theorize that heavy elements( above Iron) form in supernova explosions, as previously mentioned. I do not believe pressures  in the core or mantle of the earth can rise to the levels needed for fusion.  But there's plenty of  that activity in the surrounding stars of the  Universe.

There's an Scientific American article which pretty much proves this. Years ago scientists did some tests regarding certain isotopes and concluded the only way they could have formed are by supernova explosions.

• Like 1

And yet we have produced thermo nuclear bombs that use both fusion and fission to split atoms.

No one knows what goes on in the middle of the earth, and everyone's theories are just that.  As a matter of fact the number of scientific theories that have been dis-proven probably outweigh the accepted scientific facts.

I think it is interesting to explore all of these theories regarding gold, but there may be such a thing that there is more than one theory that is correct.  Maybe there are different ways gold are formed.  I wonder if all the gold there is on earth is all there will ever be, or is the process in which gold is formed still going on?

You can change gold.  I found that out the hard way when I was trying to clean a nugget and accidentally used Nitric acid in a beaker that had hyrdochloric acid in it.  It completely dissolved the nugget and took it into solution.  Apparently you can recover the gold by adding Sodium Metabisulfite and getting it to come back out of solution.  So what if there is a lot of gold bearing solution around the world, just waiting for conditions to cause it to precipitate back out into a solid gold crystal?  If so, you have to ask your self "What came first, the chicken or the egg?"  Did the gold rich solution come from gold that already existed and it was taken into solution.  Or did the solution come first and the gold has not precipitated out yet.  

So what if there isn't enough pressure inside the earth to cause fusion to change other elements into gold.  What if chemical processes take place within the earth that cause gold rich solutions?

This whole discussion gives me a headache.  My brain is tired. :ROFL: :grr01:

Doc

• Like 3

In this article they talk of numbers of ways to produce gold.  All costing way more then the value of gold produced.  I found the bit about Gold being Produced within a Mercury Vapor lamp as part of the by products created  interesting.  Minute quantities but quantities non the less, eaa? http://www.levity.com/alchemy/nelson2_7.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DOC said:

And yet we have produced thermo nuclear bombs that use both fusion and fission to split atoms.

No one knows what goes on in the middle of the earth, and everyone's theories are just that.  As a matter of fact the number of scientific theories that have been dis-proven probably outweigh the accepted scientific facts.

I think it is interesting to explore all of these theories regarding gold, but there may be such a thing that there is more than one theory that is correct.  Maybe there are different ways gold are formed.  I wonder if all the gold there is on earth is all there will ever be, or is the process in which gold is formed still going on?

You can change gold.  I found that out the hard way when I was trying to clean a nugget and accidentally used Nitric acid in a beaker that had hyrdochloric acid in it.  It completely dissolved the nugget and took it into solution.  Apparently you can recover the gold by adding Sodium Metabisulfite and getting it to come back out of solution.  So what if there is a lot of gold bearing solution around the world, just waiting for conditions to cause it to precipitate back out into a solid gold crystal?  If so, you have to ask your self "What came first, the chicken or the egg?"  Did the gold rich solution come from gold that already existed and it was taken into solution.  Or did the solution come first and the gold has not precipitated out yet.  

So what if there isn't enough pressure inside the earth to cause fusion to change other elements into gold.  What if chemical processes take place within the earth that cause gold rich solutions?

This whole discussion gives me a headache.  My brain is tired. :ROFL: :grr01:

Doc

You are right Doc,  the mixture is called agua regia, and if I remember correctly it consists of 2-parts hydrochloric acid mixed with 1-part nitrate acid.  This ( to my knowledge) is the only acid mixture that will completely breakdown gold and put it into molecular solution.  When you mix the two acids you have to pour one into the other "very-slowly" because of nitric acid's tendency to be kind of combustive.  And (I think) that you must pour nitric into the beaker of hydrochloric (again slowly),.. not the other way around.  And yes, Sodium Metabisulfite is a "Reagent" used to recover or change the structure of the gold in molecular solution back to a metallic form.  A great book the learn about this process (and others) is the Second Edition of:  RECOVERY AND REFINING OF PRECIOUS METALS , by C.W. AMMEN .  A & B Prospecting in Prescott Valley has this book for sale ( I think that I paid approx. $70.00 for it about 8-years ago).  Maybe Bill Southern can get one of these for any of those who are interested in learning these recovery processes????  Gary 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

You are right Doc,  the mixture is called agua regia, and if I remember correctly it consists of 2-parts hydrochloric acid mixed with 1-part nitrate acid.  This ( to my knowledge) is the only acid mixture that will completely breakdown gold and put it into molecular solution.  When you mix the two acids you have to pour one into the other "very-slowly" because of nitric acid's tendency to be kind of combustive.  And (I think) that you must pour nitric into the beaker of hydrochloric (again slowly),.. not the other way around.  And yes, Sodium Metabisulfite is a "Reagent" used to recover or change the structure of the gold in molecular solution back to a metallic form.  A great book the learn about this process (and others) is the Second Edition of:  RECOVERY AND REFINING OF PRECIOUS METALS , by C.W. AMMEN .  A & B Prospecting in Prescott Valley has this book for sale ( I think that I paid approx. $70.00 for it about 8-years ago).  Maybe Bill Southern can get one of these for any of those who are interested in learning these recovery processes????  Gary 

Mercury will brake gold down to the single atom level  and yet the two can be re separated via chemical, mechanical and thermal means. 

18 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

14 hours ago, homefire said:

Mercury will brake gold down to the single atom level  and yet the two can be re separated via chemical, mechanical and thermal means. 

Gold can also be dissolved with potassium iodide and or iodine.

https://www.google.com/patents/US3957505

https://www.google.com/patents/US4557759

Also let's not forget one of the most common practices of leaching/dissolving gold by mining companies using cyanide!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_cyanidation

All that being said Gold can not be destroyed by any normal means.  You will always have extract-able complete Gold Atoms within any thing produced from the above.  The Only  Known ways to Destroy Gold is Particle Bombardment converting it into another element or Theoretically putting it in contact with Anti Matter.   And This is what makes the stuff so Valued.