Nugget Shooter Forums

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

AzNuggetBob

Bob... Both volcanic eruptions; and comets, meteorites and asteroids have been some of

the catastrophic events that have shaped the earth as we know it... A great read is an

article by Mike Lucas in the current February issue of the ICMJ regarding the impact of

space rocks shaping our earth. tailgate

• Like 1

Here is an interesting theory about microbes concentrating gold in South Africa...

"Heinrich thinks ancient microbes living in thick, slimy mats were responsible for pulling the metal out of the water in a process called precipitation. The microbes sucked up the gold, and when they died, they fell to the bottom of the shallow basin. After their bodies decomposed, only the gold was left."

Read more:

http://gizmodo.com/ancient-microbes-may-have-created-the-worlds-largest-go-1683594801

Bob... Both volcanic eruptions; and comets, meteorites and asteroids have been some of

the catastrophic events that have shaped the earth as we know it... A great read is an

article by Mike Lucas in the current February issue of the ICMJ regarding the impact of

space rocks shaping our earth. tailgate

I guess I need to re-up my subscription, :thumbsupanim thanks Jim.

Dakota Slim

The hydrogen sulfide that helped the gold form is probably from all the volcanic activity during that period.

AzNuggetBob

So sure, sure, sure, a bunch of "religious junk", but valid.

God created gold when he created the earth. There really isn't that much new gold being formed (there is gold formed in labs and by other weird ways) but its not being made.

During the Flood, catastrophic plate tectonics reshaped and rebuilt the earth’s crust into multiple new continents with new mountains. At this time, gold returned to rocks near the earth’s surface. Though the details differ, the processes had a few things in common. Initially hot acid waters in deep crustal rocks dissolved the gold, and molten magma and volcanic waters carried it toward the surface . This hot material then entered into cracks in the rocks near the earth’s surface.

gold-diagram_zpszg39lrkj.gif

As it cooled, the gold remained in place, either associated with certain large granite bodies (often with copper) or in veins and ore bodies.

After these “primary gold deposits” were put in place, heavy rains and other natural forces eroded many of the rocks. Because gold is very heavy and resistant to corrosion, it settled out into what are called “placer deposits.” These secondary gold deposits include the gold particles found at Sutter’s Mill, which sparked the California gold rush in 1849.

Most placer deposits formed at the end of the Flood when the retreating waters drastically eroded the landscape. Indeed, most of the Flood-generated primary and secondary deposits formed during the closing stages of the Flood, especially during the building of the Rockies, Andes, Himalayas, European Alps, and other related mountain ranges.

To properly understand this oft-overlooked period of biblical history, let’s look more closely at perhaps the world’s most famous gold deposit—the Witwatersrand.

Until recently the Witwatersrand sedimentary basin of South Africa accounted for about 40% of all known gold (and 45% of total gold production). Like a great sea reef rising gently above the surrounding landscape, the Witwatersrand is a ridge running some 60 miles (100 km) in a broad arc across South Africa’s interior. Among locals, it is known simply as “the reef” (or “rand” in Afrikaans).

This is a massive placer deposit, similar to the ones described above but on a much bigger scale. Placers get their name because water transported the gold particles into their new place, mingled with silt and sometimes, as in this case, with pebbles too. But how did such a large “reef” appear? Secular geologists argue that the “Golden Arc” was once the edge of a huge inland lake, where gold-laden sediments settled for millions of years.

But the Bible offers a much different answer—God’s separation of land and water on Day Three (Genesis 1:9–10). This was a dramatic event in earth history, as God built the pre-Flood supercontinent. It seems that all land was initially buried under the original globe-covering waters. Then as God raised the supercontinent above the ocean surface on Day Three, water rushed off the land and caused massive erosion, decimating many of the earlier primary gold deposits, concentrating it into placer deposits.

Around 1,700 years later, the global Flood laid down new fossil-bearing layers atop these Creation Week deposits, and the mountain-building processes at the end of the Flood pushed some of these lower layers to the surface.

So we have now seen the main periods of history when gold was deposited. A total of 65% of known, mineable gold deposits are in rocks associated with Creation Week. Less than 2% of known gold deposits were produced in the “post-Creation, pre-Flood” rocks. About 33% of the remaining known gold deposits lie in Flood-related rocks.

That's what I believe, but you have your theories too.

-Jonal

• Like 2

No, gods do not make gold: heavy-mass stars do. (If someone believes the gods make gold, then they believe the stars are gods.) This is an observed fact, not open for debate.

I have no idea which "the flood" the person is talking about, since floods occur everywhere, constantly, and have for over 4 billion years.

As for gold being found "30% flood-related rock," the answer is "No, it is not:" not all placer deposits are alluvial, nor fluvial. Most "rock" is metamorphic gneiss. The vast majority of gold is related to vulcanism, not hydraulics.

You cannot observe stars making gold. THAT is a fact that is not open for debate.

Local floods have occurred for centuries but I am speaking a global flood here. Global. And if gold was made in high mass stars, how would we have it?

Not True some time you can see a Star go Super Nova. Well maybe your right . Buy time you see it it's years old. Light from our sun is 8 minutes old. Any Super Nova you see would be hundrids if not thousands of years old.

You cannot observe stars making gold. THAT is a fact that is not open for debate.

Local floods have occurred for centuries but I am speaking a global flood here. Global. And if gold was made in high mass stars, how would we have it?

Large icy rock 60 miles wide. also called a comet. some stars explode.

AzNuggeBob

post-26382-0-04802200-1423866049_thumb.j

Edited by AzNuggetBob

Maybe because they go supernova. Or maybe they fizzle out and get gobbled up by the gravity field of another star that eventually blows a gasket. Stars blow up all the time and distribute their contents( and the contents of the local space around them) across the Universe.

We're just stardust, ultimately.

I think we were lucky to get the chance to witness this.

Comet Shoemaker Levy
Here are photo's as it broke up by Jupiters gravity just before and after striking the planet.
some of the impact marks are estimated to be the about half size of the earth.
AzNuggetBob

post-26382-0-60770800-1423868889_thumb.gpost-26382-0-88485300-1423868909_thumb.gpost-26382-0-87359000-1423868924_thumb.j

I have often wondered if the earth and moon were formed at the same time and why magnetic north isn't the same as true north. Could some kind of collision have caused the earth to tilt those few degrees? Anyone who has played pool or billiards knows how a cue can affect a cue ball and how one ball can affect another.

I agree slim and it not only has a tilt it has a wobble. it would make sence that a large comet or asteroid impact may have caused it.
there are a lot of theories out there as to why? Weather,weight of rain, snow movment around the planet. some think it helps create our weather? maybe the o'l cue-ball is out of balance? :D
AzNuggetBob

All interesting stuff.

Truth is I think they all have a basis ....

Stardust--yes.

Deposit in early, mis and late bombardment--- yes.

Rogue inter solar objects-- yes.

Years ago the idea of an "expanding" earth was ridiculed, but, if there was periods of bombardments then the an Earth increasing in mass has to be true.

What about the moon? One camp believes the moon was formed by a proto planet colliding with a young earth. If so--- gold on the moon at same rate as on earth? Some believe moon sheared away from earth. What does that mean for gold?

Moon was closer to earth in past--- super large tidal waves. Surely that affected gold distribution.

The newer theory about the Grand Canyon was that it wasn't glacier action but a single massive event.

In the end--- I need to find more gold.

All interesting stuff.

Truth is I think they all have a basis ....

Stardust--yes.

Deposit in early, mis and late bombardment--- yes.

Rogue inter solar objects-- yes.

Years ago the idea of an "expanding" earth was ridiculed, but, if there was periods of bombardments then the an Earth increasing in mass has to be true.

What about the moon? One camp believes the moon was formed by a proto planet colliding with a young earth. If so--- gold on the moon at same rate as on earth? Some believe moon sheared away from earth. What does that mean for gold?

Moon was closer to earth in past--- super large tidal waves. Surely that affected gold distribution.

The newer theory about the Grand Canyon was that it wasn't glacier action but a single massive event.

In the end--- I need to find more gold.

I agree with you on a lot of your ideas. I have to wonder Too. have you ever considered what would happen if something like a large 60 mile long (or bigger) astoroid struck our planet at 30,000 miles an hour?

Thank god it doesnt happen often, maybe every 60,000 to 100,000 years ?

But I dont think the Grand canyon is the result of a single event, but was started by a single event. AzNuggetBob

Good point Charlie
With only about 30% of our earth being land and the rest covered with water the odds
of a sizable asteroid striking land is much smaller.

you have to wonder how many craters are under the ocean.
One was just recently discovered one off the east coast of Mexico (Yucatan peninsula)known as the Chicxulub crater and its estimated to be a about 200 miles wide.
that had to make horrendous tidal waves. and the water running back off our continent would have left some huge drainage cuts and ancient river beds.
but you also have to wonder how many times has this happened off our pacific coast?

Hey there would be sun bakers laying everywhere until erosion from nearby hills covered them back up again. :thumbsupanim
Could it explain some of the nugget patches in Australia? or gold off the beaches in Alaska?
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

I observed stars making gold when I was in high school; if you had attended a decent high school you would have observed stars making gold also. It's an observed fact, not open for debate. If you wish to believe magic makes gold, I suggest you could seek remedial high school education.

Maybe because they go supernova. Or maybe they fizzle out and get gobbled up by the gravity field of another star that eventually blows a gasket. Stars blow up all the time and distribute their contents( and the contents of the local space around them) across the Universe.

We're just stardust, ultimately.

Yes, gold is produced when stars greater than a specific mass convert enough for their hydrogen to lower the fusion core pressure enough to eject their outer shells of heavier elements such as iron, carbon, copper, and the like. The isostatic rebound compresses the inner core, resulting in elements heavier than iron being forged, such as gold. This is observed, and not debatable.

• Like 1

I agree slim and it not only has a tilt it has a wobble. it would make sence that a large comet or asteroid impact may have caused it.

Earth's tilt was caused by a large bolide striking the planet, ejecting crustal material which formed the moon. This is why the moon is low in mass compared to its volume and Earth's volume.

• Like 1

Yes, gold is produced when stars greater than a specific mass convert enough for their hydrogen to lower the fusion core pressure enough to eject their outer shells of heavier elements such as iron, carbon, copper, and the like. The isostatic rebound compresses the inner core, resulting in elements heavier than iron being forged, such as gold. This is observed, and not debatable.

Ever heard of iridium or osmium, plutonium? AzNuggetBob

I ain't got much faith in all these star theories...too many theories, not enough facts...if you want nitty gritty..you have to go all the way back to when the 1st star was born, and I can promise you, that won't ever be found out. All kinds of theories are proven wrong or modified each and every year. The problem with most theories, they're not conclusive, they are just pure speculation as to what might have happened back in time. :m2c: