Nugget Shooter Forums

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

AzNuggetBob

Gold is one of the purest elements out there and believed by many to have medicinal properties because it has only 1 isotope, but then again so does arsenic.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1

Yep Bob,

Gold injections have been around for quite awhile, proper termed "gold sodium thiomalate." Great for knee joints!

I read somewhere the crust of the earth average's 25 miles thick. I also read the deepest oil well as of 2011 was 7.7 miles deep. And they continue to break records.

But what you never read about, do they ever find gold? And i'm not talking about black gold. I wonder if they would even mention it, or just sit on it and keep it quiet.

Edited by Rimshot

I read somewhere the crust of the earth average's 25 miles thick. I also read the deepest oil well as of 2011 was 7.7 miles deep. And they continue to break records.

But what you never read about, do they ever find gold? And i'm not talking about black gold. I wonder if they would even mention it, or just sit on it and keep it quiet.

:idea: Ya have to wonder. AzNuggetBob

Get that dang gold out of my way Im drillin for oil. :D Aznuggetbob

Ya have to wonder. remember when oil was predicted to run out. now theres a glut and in my

opinion the reason the prices are dropping is the old producers are starting to realize that we,the U.S. are going to let loose of some reserves and with fracking and the Keystone pipeline look out. We are now the #1 producer of natural gas!

I also know there is a lot more minable gold

out there than the so called experts are not admitting too. but because gold has so many specialized uses I dont think it will ever be a bad investment.

AzNuggetBob

It seems we don't have a way to extract it but just think about all the Gold in Sea Water. We Know Gold Being a Noble Metal is Impervious to most Acids. Some Compounds like Cyanide, Arsenic and Mercury can brake it down. But it only breaks down to the Atom Level. Never Destroyed.

http://io9.com/germany-s-post-world-war-i-scheme-to-extract-gold-from-499793752

Some gold can form in several different types of deposits and even in shapes based on the chemicals within the fluid its formed in.

they may even be a dendritic or even chevron gold crystal.

its not mimicking the host rock, that's the way some gold crystals form or grow. simular to quartz.

Gold can also form cubic, Ive even seen trapezohedral. wire gold is probably the most common form of crystalline gold and is formed in a completly fluid enviroment.

Rye Patch area in Nevada is well known for chevron gold. the Carlin trend is noted for its hydrothermal formation. just the right combination of chemicals and heat and toss in a little mercury.

We used to grow simple silver crystals just by evapoation in the lab I worked at just for fun. complex or compound crystals are a little harder.

The way we did it, was a combination of chemicals and electrolysis. basically electroplating on steroids. This why Im so confident lightning strikes could be a contributer to surface gold deposits. AzNuggetBob

Here are at least at least five well defined and highly productive gold belts that trend across portions of Nevada. The northwest-trending Walker Lane extends along the southwest border of the state and contains mostly

epithermal volcanic-hosted gold (and silver) systems (e.g., Virginia City, Tonopah, Goldfields districts). The north-central part of Nevada contains four dominantly sediment-hosted gold belts.

The Battle Mountain-Eureka /Cortez belt (e.g., Phoenix, Pipeline, Cortez Hills deposits) and the Carlin belt (e.g., Carlin, Meikle, Gold Quarry deposits) both trend northwest. The Getchell belt

(e.g., Getchell, Turquoise Ridge, Twin Creeks deposits) trends northeast. The Independence belt (e.g., Big Springs, Jerritt Canyon deposits) trends north-south.

AzNuggetBob

I'm no scientist but I would like to know, if gold came from outer space then how do we explain the load gold we mine hundreds of feet deep in the earth's bedrock? I can see maybe some placer gold being from outer space but a lot of the time the source of the placer is found and mined out of the load right? Just seems wierd.

What about gold fell here before the continents split apart and before the ice age that carved the grand cyn .

H-2 Charlie I think your correct about the ice ages carved the grand cyn. extreme flooding in sedimentary rock. :thumbsupanim AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

What's not understandable about gold sinking as the EArth formed? Why wouldn't it be deep in the Earth? TAke a mile wide meteor( or a bigger asteroid )and crash it into the EArth at several miles a second.

Is it going to just coat the EArth or inject some material deep into the crust?

how do we explain the load gold we mine hundreds of feet deep in the earth's bedrock?

Edited by weaver hillbille

I think ya'll might have forgot about the 40 days and 40 nights of rain part, and the earth was flooded. :brows:

I think ya'll might have forgot about the 40 days and 40 nights of rain part, and the earth was flooded. :brows:

, many times. In many different cultures and locations..

Flooded with water, flooded with basalt, flooded with volcanic ash,,,

http://siberia.mit.edu/

• Like 1

Ya as much as I dont want to take this on, According to geologic evidence. there have been at least three huge flooding events in history of the earth believed to be caused by huge

melting glaciers, Who knows? maybe God did give Noah a clue before the last one. Asteroid, God or both? AzNuggetBob

As per one out fit, it was delivered by one Asteroid in one event. I find that hard to think of. Gold being so Indestructible, I think we are being rained with it all the time. In small Amounts, it's coming down.

I would guess there was no gold. WAsn't he bound to abandon his worldly possessions? PLus, it's heavy!

I left out a few floods, sorry, here's some more detailed references.....

http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/oldroot/volcanoes/volc_images/europe_west_asia/india/deccan.html

http://www.geokem.com/flood-basalts-1.html

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/dpeate/downloads/Parana-review.pdf

THe Parana flood basalts, I learned about in the latest issue of Rock and GEm. I guess they overlap into Africa, as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paran%C3%A1_and_Etendeka_traps

"Gold Metallogeny and Exploration"( much to read here)

https://books.google.com/books?id=hBQrBgAAQBAJ&pg=PT29&lpg=PT29&dq=flood+basalts+gold&source=bl&ots=3EOa0ldOwb&sig=0DzJgvD8isQE7rj1m0Ad8hHuu8w&hl=en&sa=X&ei=9e_QVNL1O5HooASo0oGwBQ&ved=0CEgQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=flood%20basalts%20gold&f=false

, many times. In many different cultures and locations..

Flooded with water, flooded with basalt, flooded with volcanic ash,,,

http://siberia.mit.edu/

We have a lot of geologic evidence that shows the earth has a predictable cycle that is fairly consistent. and then seemingly out of nowhere that cycle on the surface is interupted.

If you get a 60 mile long asteroid or comet traveling at around 20-30,000 miles an hour and probably not slowed down much by our atmosphere depending on size and trajectory unlike smaller metorites.

This could explain were water and some of our minerals comes from.

and I would think because of the impact shock waves it may stir up a few sleeping volcanoes

around the planet and that could explain the large period lava flows melting ice causing floods and with the impact ejecta and volcano ejecta could drown out sun light for even a few hundred years depending on the size of the impact until everything settles down and starts over again.

Not saying I know it just makes sense.

AzNuggetBob

post-26382-0-77479100-1423023484_thumb.j

• Like 2