Nugget Shooter Forums

Are you really getting skunked?

azblackbird

I see posts on the various gold forums of people going out and not finding any gold... or in other words getting skunked!

Question I have... what if you didn't have thousands of dollars invested in prospecting equipment, detectors, etc... would you still be going out into the boonies and enjoying what mother nature has to offer? :89:

AZBB ,,,, If I weren't detecting or involved in any form of mining I would be sitting in my kayak hauling fish out of lakes, rivers and streams and seasonally chasing Stripers in the Atlantic off NH, MA and ME coast ... or I would be hunting or shooting targets. In other words ... yes ... I would still be outdoors ... being retired and sitting in front of the tube or pc all day would kill me in short order ... active is the only way to be retired ... and I am more active by far in retirement then I was in my working career as a Realtor back in NH.

Mike F

Hell yes, getting out is what its all about...

That's the way I look at it. Finding any gold is just a bonus. I just like riding and exploring new areas. After a couple dead ends, I finally made it to an area I've had marked in Google Earth to prospect.

Finding gold is the frosting on the cake of just being out there.....been skunked for a while now...but can't wait to get out again, after the rain. So yes....man belongs out side, otherwise he feels like a caged animal..pacing , back and forth frothing at the mouth....

NOpe, Never skunked!, I have no shortage of baubley yard rocks :4chsmu1: , an occasional Blue Angles flyby ,,sightings of Bambi and brother Rudolf-motion detector spotted them and woke us.... which led to satellite sightings and visions of golden meteorites.

There was that spooky night at midnight, once ,when a herd of ??? crossed the trail a quarter mile down. All I was able to see was many red glowing eyes..

The time the snow collapsed the tent did suck, but it was a well timed alarm to break camp, as the weather was only to get worse. And 5 good days of camping was enough.

Then there was the air mattress that wouldn't...

All hail Ductape!

If I can't find gold then I look for gems/minerals/relics. None of then them? out comes the targets and weapons for some shootm' up destiny fun-John

You and I think alike. If all else fails, take out the guns and the boom-boom and blow something up. That's my kinda fun! :thumbsupanim

Judging by all the bullets, boot tacks and Prince Albert cans I've found so far, me thinks that's what the miners of yore did. No gold for the day, tired of walking the hills... what the hell, let's take our boots off and shoot them all to pieces while smoking some Prince Albert tobacco.

I think the biggest reason I get skunked so often is because i end up exploring and cruising backroads and only spend a small amount of time actually detecting. I love it out there, I always need to see where the road goes or whays over the next hill...so in that sense its definatwly not a skunk, as for the gold, skunked big time haha. Oh well, I get to play outside, and teach/show my kids a little history at the same time.