Nugget Shooter Forums

gp extreme

Ahorton10

Ahorton10 ... One young well conditioned guy could easily run the 151 ... however because it is a production machine it will work your butt off to keep it working. Maybe by stocking up a bunch of buckets at the machine you could keep it performing to the max for short periods but you as a single operator can't shovel fast enough dry material to clog this machine. Works a lot better with 2-3 guys ... 2 shoveling and 1 tending/vacuuming. Just my limited experience with the machine ... and yes I own one. Great machine!

Mike F

AHorton, Do you have another detector? Dont give up on detecting if not. You would be better off doing what I am and sell the extreme to get a GB2 and a smaller drywasher than the 151. If your out by yourself alot like me, you'll want something easier to move around. The 151 has the bigger motor and is more bulky. Theres a gold king on CL in Phoenix with a blower for $350 obo, perfect for one guy. I'm tellin ya, you'll regret not having a detector. I know it frustrating getting skunked but keep at it and the gold will come around. Try to get out with some of the guys on here.

Do you have an 8" coil for that Extreme? Use it if you do!

I have a small drywasher,my problem is that I have to keep it running all day to get a few yards through it. I like the idea of piling dirt all day then running it through on a couple hours. I also on occasion have a helper or two with me. It is my only detector, but at the moment I gotta start finding gold to stay in the hobby. I love detecting but I'm much better at drywasing so far and need to get a little return for what I've put in.

Edited by Ahorton10

Too many buckets for this old body to move in one day ... 25-30 maybe ... 90 not a chance ... And at 65 years old I am still trying to find a shovel handle that fits my hand properly ... Just doesn't seem to exist so that is a limiting factor too! :brows::old:

Mike F

Edited by Mike Furness

I agree man, my main problem is that I always want to see what's over the next hill and spend too much time exploring haha. When I get to it though I can move some dirt. My system is to remove a couple inches at a time with a hoe and rake so im not shoveling as much, different muscle groups, then once over burden is out of the way I pile it up take a break and then shovel into the drywasher non stop

I want to run 6 yards per day with two guys

Are you talking 3 guys total? If so, I've got some promising ground and will give you 75% of the take if you guys can dig and process 6 yds. per day. I will even help you haul the equipment in to the location. PM me if you're interested.

Azbb i can't process 6 yards with my current equipment, plus my partner just broke his ankle. I know we can move that much dirt if we had a big drywasher, my current drywasher will run 1 yard per hour under perfect conditions. I also tend to only go out about once a week. Id be glad to go shovel with you though if you want some help processing it

Edited by Ahorton10