Nugget Shooter Forums

What do you think about this pan?

So I went down to my claim today, chopped the ice off an old riverside hole ive been working and filled up a 10 inch pan with some un classified bank run.

The river was cold as hell, so i panned it pretty quick but this is what i got. about 20 colors or so.

Im wondering how good/bad this is, or if anyone wants to take a stab at what this might look like in dollars or cents per yard.

Thanks

Z

Did you have a picture you wanted to attach? If you do, look at more options or now More Reply Options and attach a picture.

Unless you just hit a lucky pan, 20 colors in one pan dug from the bank is very good :yesss: , not sure what that would come too for a ton of material, but it's definitely worth further attention, I would setup a highbanker and run as much as I could run and follow the line of gold, doing a test pan ever so often as I dug to keep on the gold line!!!

From looking at your photo, I'm seeing what looks more like 40 colors, which would make me more anxious too get to digging!!

Pictures hard to tell but I think 20 colors in an unclassified pan sounds great. Do a five gallon bucket full of classified and let us know what you got. We may come give you a hand in that cold water so you dont get frostbite :4chsmu1:

Yeah, I have a 2" highbanker sluice combo, also a seperate trommel with drop riffles, that thing is HEAVY. Ive used the proline dredge on this ground before, but the returns weren't that great. For about 4 hours, i only filled up a 1/8th inch of a 2 DWT vial. I think im probably blowing the fines out the back end....

I just built 2 classifier buckets, one with 3/8ths holes and one with 1/4 inch.

heres the gold from the dredging day
2s9rhc7.jpg

and here are the new buckets
j7vrxs.jpg

Edited by zippoz

Z as soon as the weather gets warm I would throw that dredge back in there and do a bunch of different settings. What does your sluice have for matting? Slow the motor down a little. Adjust the tilt of your sluice. What size is your intake hose? Four hours didn't give you much time for adjustments that might be much better. I run a full six hours, two tanks of gas before I do any checking or changing adjustments. Also during that time I will move to a different spot two or three times. Good luck.

Every time you set up it's a test.

Test pan every so often and work with your flow in the sluice.

(I try to watch for a cross hatch pattern on the surface of the sluice water flow.)

Material size matters, concentrate as best you can.

1/4 minus works well. :brows: