Nugget Shooter Forums

Prospectors...

It's on Dish tonight channel 214. Very informative about gem stone hunting. I like it!

Edited by Rimshot

There was a new show on natgeo called get rich or die mining, it had Corey Rudolph, from the gpaa shows you see with Tom Massie in it. They Were Mining Rare gems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New season with some new players. Steve B. is gone since he didn't want to file a POO and the producers didn't want to advocate "illegal mining". Guess the CO mining bureau (greenies) didn't take to kindly to them being televised hauling out gems from the hills without them getting their piece of the action. Amanda and the others got a slap on the wrist and eventually complied. The family that runs the excavators already had their POOs, so they weren't affected. Good show!

Since the folks there in Colorado started filming, the poor miners have indeed had plenty of POO all right. Highraders,claimjumpers,vandals,violence, and plenty of trash too. Silence is golden and the cash from tv does not make up for your losses to property,equipment,mind and your beliefs in your fellow man :Just_Cuz_06: Turned'm down for years-nope not for any amount of cash as these shows just bring grief and enviro actions-John---but I do love the show :4chsmu1: takes me back to our desert ratz family times :old:

Why would some of them need a POO when they only use hand tools? I can even use a small powered excavator on my claim (BLM) with only a NOI........I doubt if they even need a NOI for nothing more than using hand tools...... I really like this show.....but cut the cable cord so probably will not get to see it again.

Edited by El Dorado

Why would some of them need a POO when they only use hand tools?

That's exactly what the small time miners (Amanda, Steve, etc.) argued. I guess they were told to either comply with a POO, or have their claims voided. Get this... reason for a POO is because of the cameras and production crews chasing them around creating a "significant disturbance" of the natural resources, plus the fact they filmed those without the legal permits pulling thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of gems from the hills... thus creating more disturbance! Welcome to Commie Colorado! :grr01: