Nugget Shooter Forums

Is it Gold?

Gabe-BR

I'm no egg-spurt,....and pictures are tough sometimes to get a real idea of what your looking at but I'd say if it is I've thrown a lot of rocks away that looked just like it. I don't say gold on that piece.

Let us know what you find as fact about it.

Edited by frank c

Gabe-If I were you I'd just go to any Pawn Shop,jewelry store or gem/mineral prospecting store and find out for free. First-is it magnetic?? When pressed on with a knife blade does it go crack,crumble or go crunch or just dent? These simple tests easily eliminate most of the junk metals right off the bat. Since english problems I take it your in a foreign country-pardon if wrong-and I've seen some pretty interesting specimens from all over the world that look very different. Hope your right and you've found your El Dorado-John :brows:

Your first pic looks like gold to me, but its hard to tell in a picture...smack it with a hammer...if it starts to flatten out instead of crumble/shatter, it's more than likely gold...the rock in the second pic, smash it up really good & pan it out.

You should crush it really fine then pan it. If there is gold in the host rock it will free it better the more it's crushed. Hope that helps.