Nugget Shooter Forums

Anyone use a PTO for powering equipment or pumps off your ATV ?

H-2 Charlie

Hey AZB looks like your gearing up to give Adam and Bolder Dash a run for their money gold in the hand stacking derby.

I've still got aways to go before I can play in Adam and BD's league. I'm still a rookie.

One thing Adam and BD taught me... if I'm gonna take the time to haul in a drywasher, crack vacs, generator, fuel, buckets, ez-up, digging tools, etc.... might as well make it really complicated and add a jackhammer to the mess. :arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 1

OK guys I think there is where I'm going with this . A Jon deer yard mower that vacuum's dirt as you drive or stop it runs it thru a dry washer off the back end in the rear all off a PTO .

Drive and check your riffle board .

• Like 1

I picked up a REAL cheap little generator from Harbor Freight for $100. I wasn't expecting much and it met my expectations. However, it will run a skillsaw, sawzall, drill, and large shop vac and has been quit reliable. For that kind of money I can"t see adding a bunch of monkey motion to a good ATV.

• Like 1

See this post. The cool thing about the Rokon is the factory makes a PTO that mounts to the engine pully. You can run generators, water pumps, rock crushers, air compressors, or anything else that you think you can mount a belt and pully too. Kinda like this...

post-20668-0-75351200-1417727095_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

So that's what PTO is. I saw that Ford Super Duty 5R110W Transmission has an option for a PTO, but did not know what it was. I can only imagine what the PTO on a 6.0 diesel would power.

The PTO on the truck is a hydraulic take off from the tranny. Most PTOs are a splined shaft running out of a geared box at the back of the vehicle. Power can be direct from the transmission or by hydraulic pump.

The pulley assembly in the picture was used on some early gas powered US tractors and modern Chinese or Korean gardening tractors.

Here's the PTO most farmers are familiar with. It's the splined shaft sticking out in the square box near the bottom center of the tractor.

1024px-A_Tractor%27s_rear.jpg