Nugget Shooter Forums

$2500 Budget For New ATX Or Used GPX

notime

I have $2500 budget for a new ATX but would like to spend less if possible for a used GPX that would give the ATX a run for its money in performance in hot and cold rock enviroments here in AZ.

Which GPX would be an equivalent to the ATX when it comes to AZ soil and rocks?

Appreciate any and all comments!

I agree with Adam but also a GP 3500 with the right coil setup will do wonders for less money.

Yup , That is also a good option to look at .

Don't know if its still for sale or not..

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/spo/4685727458.html

Tom H.

I have $2500 budget for a new ATX but would like to spend less if possible for a used GPX that would give the ATX a run for its money in performance in hot and cold rock enviroments here in AZ.

Which GPX would be an equivalent to the ATX when it comes to AZ soil and rocks?

Appreciate any and all comments!

I have a GPX 5000 I will sell for 3000.00.....

You will have hard time a finding deal better than this, if you can come up with another $500 you need to jump on this before someone else does!!!!

• Like 2

I see that the popular PI detector is the GPX. My question now is... is the 4000 or even the 3500 that much different than the 5000?

Any of these detectors is what you seem to want. Each model is or was State of the Art in it's day.

The price of minelab 5000 machine has really dropped and therefore all previous models shoul drop too. I think for the money a 4500 or 5000 is your best buy for value and reasonably current technology.

I will say my 3500 was beyond simple and is 90% as good as the 5000 which is a bundle of setting-options.

No, I won't be selling my 5000 and going back...

You also may want to talk to Bill about the price of an sdc2300...great things are being said about it!

fred

Edited by fredmason
  • Like 1

You also may want to talk to Bill about the price of an sdc2300...great things are being said about it!

fred

I have to agree with Fred...You live fairly close to Bill. I believe he also carries the ATX... There's nothing better than being able to handle & listen/play/test drive before you buy...I'm not familiar with any Garrett products but have owned a couple three different Minelabs & I'd be hard pressed to buy a Garrett over a Minelab until I'd at least fiddled around with one....that being said, I'm sure liking the direction of some of these new detectors are headed...(read waterproof) I'm not sure I'd plunk down that kind of cash anymore for a detector that wasn't. I also like the compact fold able self contained designs.

• Like 1

Check ebay. Ive seen a few sdc2300s go for 2600

That makes no since because they would be selling them for less than invested and also Minelab will drop dealers for doing this and they do watch closely... I would suspect they may be knock offs, buyer beware.... Used possibly?

• Like 1

That makes no since because they would be selling them for less than invested and also Minelab will drop dealers for doing this and they do watch closely... I would suspect they may be knock offs, buyer beware.... Used possibly?

Sorry I didn't clarify. The new ones are selling for the regular price of 3750. The ones I have seen for 2600 are used or demo models

• Like 1