Nugget Shooter Forums

Got to use my new D-11 today

Alwaysdirty

I went back to the same spot I detected gold a couple weeks ago. All three of those pieces were within 25' of each other. So I thoroughly placered and detected above and below that area for a ways and NOTHING!!! So then I decided to work my way up a couple tribs checking exposed bedrock and nothing! Next I put away the Gb2 and broke out the Minelab. I used that to check the deeper spots and benches along the wash, and nothing! In a last ditch effort to go home with something I drywashed for 30 minutes and got some specks.

I dug 70 metal targets total and quite a few hotrocks with the GB2 until I started to recognize a difference in the signal. To me the rocks in this spot sound like a dying duck and metal sounds like a happy duck!

I'll just chaulk it up to experience this time.

Good news is my new D-11 works like a champ! And thanks to Wade and Tom for the idea!

post-27032-0-50504300-1417235092_thumb.jpost-27032-0-13796300-1417236740_thumb.j

Great tenacity. Takes some time to learn that GB2 language, really all detectors, but once you invest the time the values are real,as you just proved. Kudos as you just made the best find you'll ever have-knowledge-John

Sing Along now! Bird Shot City, BIRD SHOT CITY! Find two and get Nine Free!

I have a spot up in Pinos Altos that produces Fair to Good gold most of the time. Detecting is slow and a Pain. Who ta ell loosed a Zillion rounds of Number 7 bird shot out there and for what? No Quail. No Doves. Too Small for Turkey?

Shay:
Well its not yellow stuff but it is good practice :)
At least you can tell the difference between the hot rocks and metal.

Im not to that point yet with the GB2

Good luck to ya out there.

Tom H.

That is a sweet D-11 unit . I need to build something like this for sure . yeah and what El Dorado asked whats up with the special settings lol ?

I'll let BD answer that if he wants too. But I will say this, just make it as smart as it can be! Always!

Be prepared though. You'll find stuff so small it is hard to recover and will take patience and will power to accomplish quickly. I almost gave up on quite a few targets because I couldn't locate them.

I am about to ditch the detector shafts and just attach the coil to my hand because I spend most of the time on my hands and knees blowing bedrock with a straw and scraping with a screw driver I modified into a picking tool. Also knowing the hot spot of the coil will help ALOT!!. Sometimes just getting the target into your scoop is a challenge if you cant see it laying on bedrock. I also investigate every blip in the threshold. So to make sure I don't miss any blips I run my threshold very loud, it seems like the louder the threshold the smoother it is and the blips easier to differentiate, I also run the detector at full volume and my headphones almost at the max. What started off as just a tiny bump in the threshold was a piece of metal smaller than bird shot a couple inches down, but gave a nice signal right at the coil when recovered. If I wasn't running full throttle I wouldn't have heard it.

Alwaysdirty I agree with you about getting rid of the shaft sometimes and just attach coil to your hand lol. I seem to always bump my threshold knob way to easy I wander if there is anything one can do to help with that problem maybe my threshold pod is worn out?

Funny you guys should say something about hitting the threshold knob ... I had the same problem on my GB Pro until I removed the knob and put a nice fat o ring on the bottom of the knob so that it drags a little on the control box face.

And TB ... I doubt your pot is worn out ... it is just the location of the knob in relation to how you set the detector down to dig a target ... at least that is the way it is on my GB Pro ... don't own a GB2 but assuming same or similar location of the knob.

For more sensitivity it is always a good idea to start out with fresh name brand batteries, Energizer or Duracell preferably at least for me ... and watch out for the expiration dates too. Factory fresh is the way to go. One last thing ... don't be so cheap as to run them all the way to the end of battery life. Know how long they will last and change after using roughly 3/4 life of the battery. That last quarter is killing your production with a dummy down version of your machine.

I run my MXT and GB Pro as hot as I can ... just have to have a clear head and think GOLD and nothing else ... leave the unpaid bills and home life problems where they belong ... at home!

Mike F