Nugget Shooter Forums

Best place to establish residency in Az.?

middleforkminer2

My head is spinning because things are happening so fast...I'll probably be taking possession of a motor home tomorrow...I'm looking to move out of Ca. & establish residency in Az. I'll only have a couple days to find a place, because the motor homes registration expires Nov. 30 & I don't want to have to pay taxes & registration for both Ca. & Az...Where would a good place be??? The MH would probably pass smog, but I'd like to avoid that hassle if possible...I have two JRT's & a semi disabled brother I'll be bringing with me. Hopefully I can find a place to live within a short distance of places to look for gold...I'm probably gonna have to set up shop in a MH park for a permanent address... Thanks in advance.

Tom

Park at Golden Valley RV Park go into Kingman to get licensed and you will be surrounded by gold country ( Just dont stay in GV for the Summer. It is about as close to hell as you will ever get ! )

You don't have to be a resident to register your vehicle in Arizona. You do need a physical address where the vehicle will be kept in State and proof of insurance. If that physical address is outside of Maricopa or Pima county you don't need to take the smog test to register your vehicle.

Arizona is easy on vehicle registration and the fees to register. You can bring your title and transfer it and register the vehicle in one quick stop.

If you want to transfer your California license here it's just as easy, if you have a physical address. You don't need to establish residency but you will have to surrender your California license.

that depends on if you want to drive a distance to go prospecting or drive a distance into town .if you want to be by water source.if you want to be by phoenix but not right in it new rivers cool or camp verde.you probably want to set up temporarily to look around

Wickenburg is a great place smack in the middle of the golden triangle ... You don't need smog test and there is a place on W. Wickenburg Way owned by a lady named Vicki who does titles for a small fee ... She's great to work with ... A large number of trailer parks to choose from ... Cheers, Unc

Hey Ron yalls weather looks similiar to east texas. Well accept that 121 degree record. But other than that pretty much the same.

Wickenburg is a great place smack in the middle of the golden triangle ... You don't need smog test

Agreed that Wickenburg is a great location but Wickenburg is mostly in Maricopa County and the northern portion that is in Yavapai County is part of the emissions testing area. A code 52 exemption might be issued for the portion in Yavapai County but usually not.

To find out the areas where you are probably going to have to have an emissions test go to the ADEQ emissions testing map. If your address is in one of the testing area zip codes you will automatically be listed as an emission test required unless you get the Code 52 exemption (jump through hoops).

Wickenburg is a great place smack in the middle of the golden triangle ... You don't need smog test and there is a place on W. Wickenburg Way owned by a lady named Vicki who does titles for a small fee ... She's great to work with ... A large number of trailer parks to choose from ... Cheers, Unc

Yep...Wickenburg looks pretty good Ron...hopefully I can head that way this weekend as long as I don't run into any snags.

Clay, I've lived here in Wickenburg for 15 years, registered more than a dozen vehicles and never once have had to have a smog test... They have sent me a notice sometimes that one is required but when I go to register they give me another notice that it's "not required." ... Cheers, Unc

Clay, I've lived here in Wickenburg for 15 years, registered more than a dozen vehicles and never once have had to have a smog test... They have sent me a notice sometimes that one is required but when I go to register they give me another notice that it's "not required." ... Cheers, Unc

Thanks for the first hand experience Ron. I was just showing what the ADEQ says and repeating what I have been told by others in the area. I know several people in Wickenburg who are required to get the emissions inspection. I'm guessing the gov just picks their victims randomly? :grr01:

The difference might be because not all vehicles are subject to the inspection. Some diesel vehicles less than 4 + tons gross weight and cars newer than 5 years don't need to be inspected and neither do vehicles made before 1968. YMMV :tisk-tisk:

Edited by clay

I run a RV park in Morristown, AZ 207.25 a month plus electric. 14 miles from Wickenburg and 14 miles from Sun City the other way on HWY 60/89

Thanks Bill I got two jack russels are they welcome? If so, I'll be down as soon as the guy gives me the title.

Yes, dogs are to be under 40 pounds and kept from bothering neighbors as anywhere else. It is a nice park and clean.... Mile Marker 124 on 60

Those ankle biters seem to make the most noise !! Any drywashing close to the park Bill ? I'm thinking that Yarnell is a lil bit high up :grr01: What is the elevation there by the way ?

Thanks for the first hand experience Ron. I was just showing what the ADEQ says and repeating what I have been told by others in the area. I know several people in Wickenburg who are required to get the emissions inspection. I'm guessing the gov just picks their victims randomly? :grr01:

The difference might be because not all vehicles are subject to the inspection. Some diesel vehicles less than 4 + tons gross weight and cars newer than 5 years don't need to be inspected and neither do vehicles made before 1968. YMMV :tisk-tisk:

Well maybe I can clear this up. this is what I was told when I registered my truck. there are two zip codes in Wickenburg depending on where you live, what side of town. 85358 85390 one they smog check the other they dont.? :D

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

I believe Fort Mohave does not have smog tests .

Resident I.D card is issued after living or staying with someone for 6 mos .

Well, things slowed down a bit.... :tisk-tisk: The weather & thanksgiving tied him up a bit...as it stands right now, I should be moved in to the MH by Saturday (if it passes smog)...the tags are expired now, so I'm not gonna take the chance on driving it down till I get it registered...it would be my luck that it would get impounded...(towed)

I'm gonna leave it parked at his place (and live in it) for about a week in order to get the paperwork done for the house & learn some of the systems on the MH...I was sure hoping I'd have already been down there...

I think you can do a temporary permit if you go to DMV and let them know that its moving to DVM in AZ otherwise I think you may get taxed twice on it. You might call DVM in AZ and tell them your situation and see what they might suggest.

Jim

I think you can do a temporary permit if you go to DMV and let them know that its moving to DVM in AZ otherwise I think you may get taxed twice on it. You might call DVM in AZ and tell them your situation and see what they might suggest.

Jim

I thought about that Jim but the truth is...this motor home is only a "stepping stone" in getting out & away from both a run down old house "in da hood" & also getting out of Ca.

Once I'm "semi settled" & have a feel for the lifestyle, the motor home will probably be finding a new sucker owner...I'll probably be looking for a travel trailer & pickup that would better suit my needs. Before anybody suggests that I get what I want now instead of later...let me give a brief explanation...I'm getting a lot more value for what little equity I have, than I could get by outright selling the place...I've had a couple appraisals & a couple real estate agents take a look & they all come up with the same numbers...I wouldn't be able to get out of here any other way, & I'm glad the guy is offering me a pretty nice MH...