Nugget Shooter Forums

The Nugget Only Thread, Past finds and New

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The skunk is finally dead and my Gold Monster has finally proven itself!  What's weird is that I had 7 pieces last night when I put them on the scale. I gently swished them around and let them soak fo

Here's a macro shot of one I found a few months back.  TomH did a good job of capturing the details.  Enjoy !! Luke

Nice lil’ 3.5 grammar found at gold basin last week....along with some recirculating finds and 10 other monster nuggets 😁

Posted Images

That is really some gold!! Hope to find slugs like that someday. Here's a u tube of some I found this winter.... u tube was done by the person I sold it too.

Edited by LipCa
  • Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Reno Chris said:

Some gold from a couple years ago, taken from a patch in the middle of a road that I and many others had driven over for years......

Prospector_stash.jpg

Awesome!

There's at least a couple of semi major roads in North Carolina that they say was paved with gold, the story is that gravel from a old gold mining pit was used when the road was build many years ago and the claim is that there was still plenty of gold in the gravel tailings that was used, everytime I go up that way I'm tempted to detect the road beds, but I just know I would get ran over!!:th:

https://localfirstbank.com/article/the-golden-streets-of-troy-north-carolina/

http://www.usgoldcoins.com/education/history-of-the-charlotte-mint.html

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I have some down time right now so I thought that I woulkd take a look into some rocks that I had found out detecting some time ago.  I was surprised by nice little nuggets after I had disolved the quartz off them.  One of these days I'll figure out how to take sharp in focus pics with my camera.

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

• Like 6
18 hours ago, GeoJack said:

Move back, increase image size, then zoom in to crop.

That works good for unsteady hand blur, but end result is pixel count remains the same..
Beyond that it's macro & tripod or ideally a cam with higher pixel count as well..
Your magnification shots are excellent examples, albeit microscope..

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 1
On 9/12/2017 at 2:57 PM, Au Seeker said:

Awesome!

There's at least a couple of semi major roads in North Carolina that they say was paved with gold, the story is that gravel from a old gold mining pit was used when the road was build many years ago and the claim is that there was still plenty of gold in the gravel tailings that was used, everytime I go up that way I'm tempted to detect the road beds, but I just know I would get ran over!!:th:

https://localfirstbank.com/article/the-golden-streets-of-troy-north-carolina/

http://www.usgoldcoins.com/education/history-of-the-charlotte-mint.html

I'd be out detecting at 3 in the morning on those roads. Or better yet, put up fake detour signs so you have the road all to yourself.:evil1::evil1::evil1:

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, NvAuMiner said:

A few past finds.

IMG_2475.JPG

Dang Doug, are we going to that spot whenever we get out detecting together?????? NICE!!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

Dang Doug, are we going to that spot whenever we get out detecting together?????? NICE!!!

Been there - done that - x10  :4chsmu1:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NvAuMiner said:

Been there - done that - x10  :4chsmu1:

Them are good looking nuggies.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gvellas said:

It finally happened, my first detected piece of gold. 3.42 grains from our FCM club claim in the Dale District this past Sunday. We had a great outing and what a way to finish it.

image.jpeg

Awesome!! Congrats and hope you get a lot more.
Tom H.

• 4 weeks later...

Did some one arm swinging today along with some one arm picking.  It turned out to be an alright day!!  The top three were within a half hour of starting out and very close to where we parked (stones throw away!!)  A re-hashed. . . TIP of the day. . . swing where you park.   :thumbsupanim      Totaled 5.9 grams or 3.8 dwt

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

• Like 7

Awesome nuggets bud. Not bad for a one armed feller. Haha. We are froze solid here.

Dan

• Like 1

Well, this is humble compared to what I've seen but I had 2 visit's each lasting 2 days. The 2nd time I will never forget. The rain was so bad we had to cross a creek at Rich Hill to get out or we might not have left for goodness knows how long.. I remember the desert being so green and I was literally sloshing around in the mud.. Camped in the truck but the water got in and I was just about floating in my sleeping bag.. Loved every minute of the visit!

Yes there is some silver in a few nuggets.

gold nuggets 006.JPG

• Like 6