Nugget Shooter Forums

The Nugget Only Thread, Past finds and New

Nugget Shooter

Hey Tom H I really enjoy your posts and like myself and many others stored them in plastic of some form ! I know that I have posted this before . I lost a lot of my  collection  in a home fire be

cause plastic makes black balls in a fire and there are lots of them , the only one's I saved were in metal boxes that that were stored in my  Motorhome that also burned. The one's inside were mostly never found. Although the lot has been sold 4 times since and  never built on the owners still have problems with people metal detecting on it for the old penny's and silver half dollars that are scattered in the sand, this since 2008. Keep them in metal containers, preferably fire resistant in glass with metal tops ,No Plastic!  May it never  happen to you!  Max

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gilaoro2 said:

Hey Tom H I really enjoy your posts and like myself and many others stored them in plastic of some form ! I know that I have posted this before . I lost a lot of my  collection  in a home fire be

cause plastic makes black balls in a fire and there are lots of them , the only one's I saved were in metal boxes that that were stored in my  Motorhome that also burned. The one's inside were mostly never found. Although the lot has been sold 4 times since and  never built on the owners still have problems with people metal detecting on it for the old penny's and silver half dollars that are scattered in the sand, this since 2008. Keep them in metal containers, preferably fire resistant in glass with metal tops ,No Plastic!  May it never  happen to you!  Max

A buddy lost his gold in the Paradise fire, the specimens melted into the ashes and he also lost all his detectors including a GPZ. Pretty sad.  His family was safe though, that’s what’s important. Glad yours were too, Max.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Big ones from 2 seasons back, biggest 3.55ozt.  Pan pic is last season gold bits (992 bits).  This season all tiny bits so far but still have 5-6 weeks to go before snow flies....

season 4.JPG

3 nuggs.JPG

• Like 7
  • well done 2
  • wow 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, xracer550 said:

Some of my collection , I don't get to look at it very much cuz it is always in a Safe place !

DSCF0694.JPG

DSCF0700.JPG

Wow, great finds! I like going to the general vicinity your map shows as well, it’s a nice place. :rolleyes:

• Like 1