Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

The Nugget Only Thread, Past finds and New

27 minutes ago, mariposagoldbag said:

I'm telling you, dig through all the trash where that trailer was and there will be nuggets...  I've been keeping that to myself in hopes of getting back out there but go get it!

Its being slowly developed...unfortuately....if I ever meet the new owners...I may go up and ask if I can detect....but at this time its a no go area...

On 11/9/2019 at 1:49 PM, Relichunter2016 said:

Its being slowly developed...unfortuately....if I ever meet the new owners...I may go up and ask if I can detect....but at this time its a no go area...

That’s sucks.  Here’s some of the stuff I’m finding out here.

C8B276C3-24DE-4197-93C5-C7E664462CAC.jpeg

• Like 4
  • well done 3

I love the Equinox 800 for prospecting. However, when I prospect at one location I go to at over 9,000 feet in Colorado, I prefer to take lightweight equipment that can be easily backpacked. This time of year I usually have over a mile hike into this location in rough, steep, snow and icy terrain where carrying a detector in my hands is pretty dumb and packing in lightweight equipment is a must for my 63 year old stamina or lack of stamina. So, if you have a similar need I am posting this to let you know that, flimsy as it seems, the XP ORX is an outstanding and durable nugget detector. The location I went to is not known for large gold specie or nuggets.  The ORX is easy to setup with clear Iron Tone, Iron VDI and Iron Probability indications that make it easy to know when a quality non-ferrous target is under the coil. On this trip I dug everything that came close to a good signal and skipped over the screaming iron responses since much of the ground was frozen, I only had a few hours and it was COLD!!!!    2.5 grain flat nugget at 3" 1.5 gram specie at 6"

Jeff

DSCN9756.jpg

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice finds!!! Congrats.:thumbsupanim I would definitely try that location again.

• Like 2

Cool finds and thanks for sharing

Hello Bill,

Don't know where to post this message, so I just add it here.

Just looked at your Thanks giving YouTube vid. I always like to hear you sharing your knowledge  with us greenhorns it's always informative. The only thing I don't like about it is, when your are saying Your just rambling on. 

Please don't say that anymore, because for us watching you on YouTube you are never rambling on! You are a store house of information we can only dream about. All the years and decades of experience you share with us for free, is of great value to me and I know also to others, although  they don't say it but this worth mentioning. you deserve  some credit for this !

Please keep up the great work you are doing , I appreciate it and I know others will do to, although they don't say it!! So I say it for them!

PAUL

P.S. A grateful watcher of all your posted youtube nuggets shooter vids.

Edited by Paulwhitbey
Errors
  • Like 1

Thank you Paul and that means a lot, but I do ramble a bit me thinks :duc: You Tube is perfect for me to share what I know and all I had to do was turn on a camera since I talk to myself when hunting anyway and rocks, birds, snakes, and so on.... I am doing this because I have always been one to share how to and what to use to be successful and when I started out there wasn't much help out there and no internet to browse either. So no with me and many others sharing what and how it lessens the learning curve for folks by a bunch.

Oh and it is a lot of fun too :yesss:

Thanks again and GH

• Like 2

Nice lil’ 3.5 grammar found at gold basin last week....along with some recirculating finds and 10 other monster nuggets 😁

D87FC160-0168-465C-8304-5B16E6766DFD.jpeg

2401CE9A-129D-48E9-8546-87E74573970F.jpeg

F0B31895-E860-417E-8750-8FD50A990AF0.jpeg

• Like 8
  • well done 1