Nugget Shooter Forums

Nugget Shooting in San Diego

au79ramona

I have always been curious if anyone does nugget shooting in San Diego. I live in Ramona, about 30 minutes from the Julian mining district. I have not been able to find any information as to whether or not nuggets have been found. I've done my fair share of panning and drywashing in the area but have never found anything larger than 20 mesh. I am thinking about buying a detector to go nugget shooting as the hunt inspires me. Any areas close to San Diego where you would recommend nugget hunting? Thanks!

THere's a few clubs in the area that could nail down some areas.............and there was a gent working the BAllena gravels up in Ramona- zat you? Must be... getting to your back if you want to switch to beepin.

http://books.google.com/books?id=BblIAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=ballena+gravels&source=bl&ots=ebow8pSb2s&sig=8sx-F5-O_3Zhj1iR87akbPh18Gk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=3VprVL-KI4mCigKrmIGQDA&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=ballena%20gravels&f=false

Edited by weaver hillbille

Try typing in Google............

placer gold san Diego

Lots of info.

Tom H.

Try typing in Google............

placer gold san Diego

Lots of info.

Tom H.

I've done plenty of research using google. That's how I found out about the Ballena placers. I've moved yards of dirt and have never found anything larger that 20 mesh. I'm asking if anyone has had experience finding gold with a detector in the San Diego area or is it all small flake like I've already been recovering.

There have been nuggets found in San Diego County....some around Julian, there are others but no one is saying where.

Have you joined the SWPA based in Lemon Grove?

fred

I have been calling to join SWPA for a while , They never return my call.

AU79Ramona

I have not heard of anyone finding nuggets with detectors around our place.

Maybe they are just not Sharing that info. lol

Fred. Are you talking about the SPMA? SOuthwestern Prospectors and MIners Assoc.?

BRyan

http://www.spma-gold.org/pages/join.html

SWPA gets me to the Submersible Wastewater Pump Association :idunno: or the Southwestern Psychological Association :nutty::4chsmu1::2mo5pow::zzzzz::D:thumbsupanim:grr01::arrowheadsmiley::idunno::cry2:

Have you joined the SWPA based in Lemon Grove?

fred

Edited by weaver hillbille

Get this publication. It should be available on line for reprint. You may or may not have to venture outside of San Diego County area for some good nugget beepin. SPMA does have some claims within the county , you could try that club for a year to see if its worth it or not..

SDCounty_zpsc501b66e.jpg

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

Good reminder! :thumbsupanim:thumbsupanim

https://archive.org/details/geologyandminer00buregoog

Get this publication. It should be available on line for reprint. You may or may not have to venture outside of San Diego County area for some good nugget beepin. SPMA does have some claims within the county , you could try that club for a year to see if its worth it or not..