Nugget Shooter Forums

I night hunt on the beach with my CTX and enjoy it very much. The other night I was night hunting with a GB Pro in the desert and I enjoyed it too. When the wind is not blowing and the stars are out night hunting is better than day hunting.

My best light is a Mag with a clip for my cap. Two AAA batteries light the world!

Night hunting in cool weather during the day :idunno: I know why some do it but why you?? John

Hey John, At least start with a "Nice Gold!" :)

I very popular question that a lot of people ask.

Listen to the background in video. Hear those cars drive by? :) There is your answer!! LOL

We have already be followed/seen and had a local jump in our patch, imaging if we just stood out there in full view. We might as well put up a sign with a big X on it.

Plus we enjoy evening hunting.

Meant to post a pic in the original post but must have forgot to hit he "attach" button

post-23624-0-21663100-1416247284_thumb.j

Edited by Ron (CA)
  • Like 1

Awesome gold, guys !!! ...Excellent video ... dayam, I'm hitchin' up and going nugget shooting tomorrow...Really got my gold juices bubbling! ... Thanks for sharing ... Cheers, Unc

Nice gold, of course!

pray tell, are you using the stock coil, the 6 inch or an after market on that ctx? Which program and all metal of descriminate?

thanks

fred

CTX Stock Coil, Ground Coin, manual GB, multi tone with just enough disc to knock out the square nails, fast on, and dig every grunt as most of the really small nuggs hit way left along the foil line.

But we have used the combined program with success as well. Just depends on how much iron you want to listen too. And a real slow swing speed. A good strategy when we get in the real junky areas.

We cherry picked with 5000 and 3500 w/ a DD stock and then came back with the 5000 and mono stock

We know there is more gold there and slowly starting to clear out the iron but there is a lot of iron so we head back from time to time between our relic hunts.

Spectacular!!!

Gonna give the ctx a try next time I am out nugget shooting. Just been coin shooting with it as I learn it.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Sorry to be short-under extreme pain due to very recent injury and pain killers make me tunnel visioned. Yes righteous gold in BOTH videos and as for being followed by god I can relate to that. Some folks will do anything ,even bug your vehicle as I've posted pics of my latest found bug-tons a au 2 u 2-John

Hey Ron,

Awesome nuggs....and thanks again for sharing your adventure with us....one thing about night hunting is I find the threshold very smooth.......and less noise.

I agree with that and I find myself more focused at night vs looking around and wondering if there is a better spot close by. :) In the dark I only focus on the 2-3 feet in front of me!!

• Like 1

Ron after watching your video I gotta tell ya this story. when you said hear the traffic in the back ground? this came to mind.

I have no doubts about were your hunting. I ran into an old full time huntin friend who was doin his usual anual huntin loop thru the west and he whips out this 8 oz.slug nugget and says your not going to believe were I found it. This was back in 1990. anyway he starts showing me photo's of all the nuggets they found and its right next to the interstate freeway. I about fell out of my chair laughing. He told me the same thing they were attracting so much attention they started hunting at nite. the one difference, the ground was blood red hard pan.

he told me the ground was so hot and hard digging he barly heard the 8.oz at 4-5"with a VLF. ever since when I drive down the freeway I have a hard time not stopping when I see a red area. :ROFL:

good luck to ya hope ya find a bunch more and dont forget to post them here we love lookin at them and hearing your stories about finding them.

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

Ron If its old I'd love to see it and I think a lot of other people here too.

as I understand you found this gold nugget patch hunting relics?. I saw some of the coins and

I have to say some gorgeous huge nuggets. the more photo's the better, we love detected finds photo's and BTW if you need any help digging those up let me know. :D AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey John, At least start with a "Nice Gold!" :)

I very popular question that a lot of people ask.

Listen to the background in video. Hear those cars drive by? :) There is your answer!! LOL

We have already be followed/seen and had a local jump in our patch, imaging if we just stood out there in full view. We might as well put up a sign with a big X on it.

Plus we enjoy evening hunting.

Meant to post a pic in the original post but must have forgot to hit he "attach" button