Nugget Shooter Forums

GB aftermath thread

Mike C...

Since no one is saying to much about the GB outing I thought I would start a thread and hopefully people that were there will join in in with their 2 cents and maybe some pics of the outing and their finds----

Well its getting really tuff to even find a piece of trash out there I beeped all day friday and all day saturday with NADA results-I lost 2 dollars to Bill and one to Lon-I just couldnt get over the gold :idunno: I met some old friends as well and had some good laughs :4chsmu1: Sunday we packed up and decided to do some spaceturd beepin on the way out-we only beeped 1-2 hours before we headed home-I managed to find this spacedturd before we left it was the only signal I got and it was a boomer- My biggest one yet at 250 grams and I got 2 of my dollars back :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:post-214-0-49614900-1415736562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1

Well, as usual, the Nugget Shooter outing was fantastic.

Bills smoked meat and Bunks beans are to die for !! And then there were all those super side dishes.

It's a great way to see old friends, and make new ones.

Did I mention the campfire? OH MY........ I had to change into my high top boots it got so deep!

All in all, another wonderful time spent with some of the greatest folks I've had the pleasure of meeting.

No gold of meteorites for me, but SO WHAT? Can't wait for the next one.

Patrick .....

My post on this is in the "2014 Fall Outing Info, Poll" Heading that is the first "Pinned" heading. Thanks to BIll, Kim, and many

others it was a fabulous outing. I score it as a ten out of ten!

Ben

Edited by Regmaglitch

Mike, It was great visiting with You and Gary about hunts in years gone by. I found a 25gm. meteorite yesterday. I have never found one in GB over 100 gms. hope we can make it down to your area later in the season. The Nugget shooter outing has always been a fun outing.

Way to go Mike C., Gary found another meteorite also in an area Roger led us into. I got the Big skunk but had fun getting out and hunting. Thanks goes out to all who made the great food for Sat. night. Harry, this was Mike C's post and yes it great seeing you again too. I want to hear more from your friend on Boundry Creek, Canyon Creek on the 40 mile.

Mike

Managed to eek out a little color drywashing in a tiny wash where nuggets had been detected.

post-25248-0-21390300-1415848176_thumb.j

After cleaning that one out we headed over to Dead Dog Wash...

post-25248-0-97227200-1415848117_thumb.j

Cleaned off some shallow bedrock

post-25248-0-95453800-1415847988_thumb.j

Total for a couple days work.

post-25248-0-05065700-1415847904_thumb.j

Just shy of 2 grams. Not a fortune and I know better spots to dig, but had a blast!

Met some great folks and ate some good food... what more can you ask for?

Oh, and thank you Patrick that was put to good use :-)

Edited by ArcticDave
  • Like 1

Dave, those dogs look like some people I know. They are laying around while another is all AH and elbows. Really nice color you got and I bet you guys all had an excellent time. Tom and I were with you all in spirit, we couldn't make it this year but there will be another soon I hope.

Old Tom

• Like 1

Managed to eek out a little color drywashing in a tiny wash where nuggets had been detected.

attachicon.gif20141106_160909.jpg

After cleaning that one out we headed over to Dead Dog Wash...

attachicon.gif20141106_100249.jpg

Cleaned off some shallow bedrock

attachicon.gif20141106_142108.jpg

Total for a couple days work.

attachicon.gif20141031_163723.jpg

Just shy of 2 grams. Not a fortune and I know better spots to dig, but had a blast!

Met some great folks and ate some good food... what more can you ask for?

Oh, and thank you Patrick that was put to good use :-)

Thats more than I found :cry2: good going :head: Mike C... :200:

• Like 1

Here are a few little guys. One of the nuggets were found with the 2300 in a pounded patch.Thanks Bill for letting me give it run. It was a great time talking to all.See you all next time.Take care

Lon

Wow Lon how did you get your camera dialed in at 1000 X zoom :tisk-tisk: -they sure look alot bigger than they really are :ROFL: WTG :thumbsupanim Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...