Nugget Shooter Forums

Went to GB Friday and planned to stay til today. However...when I woke up early Saturday and saw by my thermometer that it was 51 degrees, and my teeth were literally chattering, I said "not another night of this". I sleep in my SUV, which normally is fine, but not at 51 degrees. Ran my car heater for early breakfast, but you can't run it at night...or kiss your butt goodby. Need a trailer, but that's not gonna happen.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. YOu need another blanket :4chsmu1: or real sleeping bag. Don't forget a wool cap to keep your head warm( which keeps everything else warm.)

. I sleep in my SUV, which normally is fine, but not at 51 degrees.

Sounds to me like you need a real sleeping bag, Karl. I have a 0-degree Northface bag and have never been cold sleeping outside, let alone inside my truck. 51 should have been comfortable sleeping in thermals and a nice blanket.

Edited by Mikestang

Karl,

I was there Saturday and Sunday. The overnight low was 49 degrees. We slept in a tent,

and had the screen window open all night. I slept in my standard sleeping bag half unzipped

and was very comfortable. Like some of the others say, maybe you just need a sleeping bag

that suits your personal temperature needs. Or.........you can do like the Eskimos, who know

how to stay warm, depending on whether it's a one dog, two dog, or "Three Dog Night".

Ben

Been there done that Karl.

If you don't have a foam pad for the bottom of the pick up bed...get one.

A lot of cold radiates up from that steel.

Tom H.

When you are freezing no on ecares what direction the therms are heading....

Karl; you call me a wuss when I won't go tromp around at 90 or 100....the weather was just right for sleeping and hunting, wish I had been there!

some decent bedding and a small camp stove for morning coffee would do you proud my friend...

fred

When you are freezing no on ecares what direction the therms are heading....

Karl; you call me a wuss when I won't go tromp around at 90 or 100....the weather was just right for sleeping and hunting, wish I had been there!

some decent bedding and a small camp stove for morning coffee would do you proud my friend...

fred

That's what im screaming! :)

After a few teeth chattering nights and realizing im not 30yrs old anymore... dad and I decided to get a 25ft. RV...Best thing we ever did. Its a gas hog but man is it nice

to take a shower at the end of the day and sleep on a nice bed :)

Old RVs are really cheap to get.

Just have to ReFi your house to fill them up :)

Tom H.

Mike, Tom, Fred, Mitchel, Etc,

I wasn't totally clear in my post...I slept inside my Subaru Forester, which is large enough to be comfortable, and I normally don't have a temperature problem...BUT I forgot about the nights being so cold this time of year (stupid, I know), and totally forgot to take my sleeping bags. DUH! Getting old, really old, sucks!

I have a 4 inch foam mattress which is super comfortable, and I do have a small propane stove for coffee and pan broiling meat, just forgot the sleeping bags. And I use a wool watch cap for my head. Now if I just had a brain in my head...

Karl

Thermodynamics would disagree and state that a lot of heat is being absorbed by that steel.

Cunningham's Law states "the best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer."

-Erik