Nugget Shooter Forums

GB2 Gold Today

Alwaysdirty

Got out for 6 hours of detecting today. Removed overburden and detected bedrock. Dug over 80 targets including 20 or so iron stones.

I was lucky enough to swing over 3 pieces of gold for just over a gram total!

My first target was a lead shot and the small piece of gold in the same bedrock hole! :yesss:

I ended up finding all the gold in the first two hours. Had a bunch of fun out there!

post-27032-0-06665400-1415404044_thumb.jpost-27032-0-24145400-1415404272_thumb.jpost-27032-0-68109800-1415404439_thumb.j

post-27032-0-39043900-1415410409_thumb.jpost-27032-0-73450500-1415410669_thumb.jpost-27032-0-59791100-1415411040_thumb.j

• Like 1

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTG Shay!! :) Man, im happy for you.

Those are some nice nugs, your digging some really small stuff there.

Might have to start calling you Wade JR. :)
WTG man YAHHHHHH!

You need to make a D-11 That will move some dirt :)
Tom H.

Edited by TomH

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG Shay!! :) Man, im happy for you.

Those are some nice nugs, your digging some really small stuff there.

Might have to start calling you Wade JR. :)

WTG man YAHHHHHH!

You need to make a D-11 That will move some dirt :)

Tom H.

Haha!

I made a D-11 yesterday!

And used it today. It worked great, I might make it a little wider though.

Check it out:

post-27032-0-48325500-1415413301_thumb.jpost-27032-0-57078400-1415413623_thumb.j

Haha!

I made a D-11 yesterday!

And used it today. It worked great, I might make it a little wider though.

Check it out:

attachicon.gif20141106_181615.jpgattachicon.gif20141106_181652.jpg

There ya go!

Yup have to make the scoop a little wider. Being as young as you are I figure about a 12 inch blade will do :) Braze it so it wont crack.

Also...epoxy/JB Weld that handle when you shove it into the pipe. Run a pin through I also.

Hey, get rid of that 2 stroke in the background and get a Thumper! :) lot easier to start!! :)

Tom H.

Edited by TomH

Proud of you Shea. I think that Tom is right on about the width of the blade but don't throw it away as it is just about right for an old geezer.................. :old:

Old Tom

Thanks everyone!

There ya go!
Yup have to make the scoop a little wider. Being as young as you are I figure about a 12 inch blade will do :) Braze it so it wont crack.

Also...epoxy/JB Weld that handle when you shove it into the pipe. Run a pin through I also.

Hey, get rid of that 2 stroke in the background and get a Thumper! :) lot easier to start!! :)
Tom H.

I'll ride a two stroke until I die! :)

For a pin I used a 3/16 shank self tapper, predrilled holes, tapped both sides then ran it through and grinded it off. If I need to change handle I can just drill both sides out and go to a quarter shank.

Proud of you Shea. I think that Tom is right on about the width of the blade but don't throw it away as it is just about right for an old geezer.................. :old:

Old Tom

This one would be perfect for you Tom! I'm not calling you an old geezer, your a young geezer! :)

Yep, geezer I am but my hands still don't fit that handle. I'm allergic to hickory and I think that you might have a little tow headed gal that might just grow into that rig. She loves to play in the dirt with her daddy and It might come in handy sometime.

Old Tom

Yup, drywashers, vacs, fuel, water, recirculators, spiral wheels and panning tubs are a lot of equipment to haul around (and then store somewhere later on), not to overlook the time consumption of processing all that yardage just to make sure none of the specks and dust get away. A GB2 in the hands of someone who can resist the urge to recover every last speck will get the meat and potatoes, is easy to transport and store and costs a WHOLE lot less! :m2c:

• Like 1

Now your up to 4 nuggets!!! That is great gold for a wash better keep the overburden flying. What settings are you running at? Pm so you don't give the secret out.

Ya, I think I will be going back to that wash. Overburden started getting a little deep upstream from were I found the nugs. The hillsides looked very promising as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a recommendation to Tom H and all- JB weld???? Try Gorilla glue. Wet the handle good, then smear the glue in and around it. Must clamp the handle in as the glue expands and fills all gaps. Works good for me!

It took me 2 days to get my fingers unstuck with that crap! :4chsmu1:

It is awesome glue for sure.

Tom H.