Nugget Shooter Forums

First detected gold!!!

post-23813-0-37502200-1414871906_thumb.jWell, I don't get out much and I can't say I have put a lot of time in, but, I finally found some gold with my detector. :yesss:

Was out the last couple days before the weather turned bad and managed to find this little guy.post-23813-0-50567700-1414871744_thumb.j

• Like 1

Never seen a nugget quite like that before. Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

WTG!
Keep at it, hopefully that clunker will renew your gold fever :)
Tom H.

Great looking nuggett! First one is the most difficult! Details? depth? Wash or a bench? Vague area Cal or Nevada? My Dad lives in Minden. i'm up there several times a year.

Chris

My wife is into her first year of looking. She started in May.

It took me over a year to locate my first gold and it is still difficult now.

That is a great looking piece and I hope you are able to keep it forever because you will always want to see it.

Mitchel

Thanks guys, I was pretty excited about it. I have been at it for 3 or 4 years now. I just don't go out and actually detect for gold that often. To be honest I just get tired of digging all the trash, then the fever hits again.

I was near Winnemucca, Nv. Just off Jungo road. Working a hillside a buddy had found a nugget on before. 2-3 inches deep right below an ant hill. Third target of the day and about and hour in to it. Was hopeful for more. Not to be. Happy with it and ready for more.

Chrisski, I love that detector. I find the smallest bird shot and bullet shrapnel with it. I knew I could find the gold, it was just a matter of time.

Chris, next time your up visiting your dad, maybe you can sneak up to rye patch for a day or so. Weather permitting. keep in touch.

Awesome and congrats! Cam't wait to post my first nugget :) is that the 705 xterra?

xterra 70. I've found gold rings, meteorite, and now a nugget with that detector. Plus much much more.

Nice crusty looking nug man, persistence can pay off. Went for almost two years before I found my first piece then they just came out for a while.

Bet that was a great feeling. Took me over 5 years to find my first one.