Nugget Shooter Forums

2300 and plug for headphones

shep

Been thinking (I know scarey!)Since the adapter for regular headphones is so crazy expensive; what would be the downfall of cutting the headphone cord that comes w/ the 2300, and splicing in the standard male/female plug. This way one could use the headphones that came w/ detector or your choice. Just ask'n

Bad disease you have Shep ( untreatable ) Your local Radio Shack should be able to tell you about ohms and resistance as to whether it would work but if they make an adaptor then Im pretty sure it will work.

I never did make it to that spot you told me about ! Got promoted or demoted from camphost to maintenance so have to be back there 3-1-15 just made it to Yarnell yesterday.... Boss also wants me to park at her place at Awhanee and fix her place up in exchange for rent :) She loves me I think... I never ate so many cheeseburgers in my life as I did at Millers. Dang good food. the skimpy scenery was very nice too ;)

Yep I use the Koss anyway, but still interested in the mod if someone finds it. Heck they want 95.00 got the one Nenad makes and although it is a neat little lead that is a mighty steep price for 8 inches of wire...

I spliced my headphones to a jack and they work fine. I don't have my metal detector on me, but I remember that I had to buy the three pin stereo jack, not the two pin type. I did have to solder it on twice to get it to work. It's been years since I had to solder anything. I bought my adapter from radio shack. My headphones have electric tape around the adapter and doesn't look that great, but its now worth $100 to replace it.

Yep I use the Koss anyway, but still interested in the mod if someone finds it. Heck they want 95.00 got the one Nenad makes and although it is a neat little lead that is a mighty steep price for 8 inches of wire...

You're paying for the short run and all the tooling costs. If there were 10,000 SDC detectors out there in the market place, that lead would probably be selling for $20 as the inventor would be getting it manufactured for about $10.

• Like 1

Talked to my TV repair guy tonight. Cut the straight length on headphone cable, solder a regular plug on headphones and a female jack on lead from detector- $30. Much better deal.

• Like 2

I spent hours searching around one day on the internet looking for that plug jack that fits the 2300. Thought I would just make one for myself. You can buy all sorts of waterproof jacks in hundreds of different styles, but it seems like that one is some sort of weird oddball military spec thing that isn't available to the public.

Edited by Reno Chris