Nugget Shooter Forums

Do you still say these arent meteorites?

I got a new camera and I took your advice and did a lot more research.

. :)

They are all magnetic and don't leave any mark on the back of the white tile.

It wont hurt anybody to say "well they may be real"

Or tell other people in the future, who are asking," if they have a meteorite",

That you.. cant be sure from a photo .Or maybe just don't say anything negative

because you really cant say for sure from a photo

.I felt pretty crummy how rude a few people were too me.

I realize now my photos weren't so great.

They were definantly not clear enough for anyone too guarantee they are not

meteorites..I noticed the same people told every >Newbie< The same thing.

I also don't think it was nice too say just ignore newbies and we will go away.

shame on you.the only way Im going away is if one of the bosses tells me too.

Ha! Maybe if anyone replies,, they can show me a couple of their meteorites.

If no one replies too this I will take it these do appear too be ...MeeteorRights &

That no one can say, the words of confirmation.Im not saying they are all

real butt you know ..Im half way smart for a blonde

post-27360-0-59898600-1414622109_thumb.j

post-27360-0-78572500-1414622171_thumb.j

Welcome back Melanie, I'm one of the bosses but not the big boss, have no fear, you will not be ask to go away.

I'm not an expert on meteorites, some of the experts here can be a little rough at times because they see so many meteorwrongs posted by people just getting into hunting for meteorites and the finders are sometimes very insistent or persistently hoping that they are the real deal no matter what the experts tell them, I'm not making excuses for someone being rude in such cases, their comments sometimes have to taken with a grain of salt and a little understanding of all that they have seen posted that aren't meteorites, if it gets too out of line I'll step in.

Its all good :thumbsupanim .I think this is a really cool place.I apologize I think I try too get attention :ROFL: on here.I dont have anyone around me that likes discussing these things .or maybe they just get sick of me :2mo5pow: always trying too get attention out here

Hey, welcome back Melanie . Glad to see you did not give up and did a lot more research. I'm no expert but looking at the picts , I'd say not a meteorite. What part of the country are you living in ??

Hi Melanie...our entire planet is made up of remnants of the big bang/bangs...(some of us are of the opinion that the big bang is an ongoing process)as are all space rocks..Once they are here, they have been subject to volcanic activity, wind/water erosion & the effect that gravity has on it....What's nice about the confusion is that many people will pay a premium price for rocks that are recent arrivals...(In a geologic sense)that exhibit different charactersitics than those normally found on earth...our knowlege of the universe & everything related is in its infancy...what I find INTERESTING is that some of these "space rocks" have amino acids (which are the building blocks of protiens) have a chemical structure unlike anything found on earth...

Look back a couple hunded years at manknds past...we've went from figuring out the properties of gunpowder to figuring out where in the night sky we should send a rocket to land an explorar spacecraft on mars??? Hell, just a meager 500 years ago, most of the world were under the impression that the world was flat...always question those who think they have all the answers....they don't...google "Ben Rich" & Bob Lazar...keep an open mind & judge for yourself...Personally, I don't think we're alone...

Welcome back. I'm sorry to say they still do not look like meteorites, although the pictures are much better. They do not display fusion crust. They appear to be water worn smooth, not flight marked or regmaglypted. Some sort or terrestrial iron ore most likely. Keep looking!

As you requested, here's a few pictures of meteorites I've found recently:

ElMirageAug23-005.jpg

ElMirageSep01-003.jpg

same meteorite above and below

ElMirageSep01-007.jpg

Holbrook2014-004.jpg

Well, I have to say those rocks look like ironstone ... Per your request I'll post an L6 Wickenburg meteorite which is a pretty common type ...

post-9-0-10582000-1414647029_thumb.jpg

Melenie:
Bill is having a outing up at Gold Basin next weekend...Its a area that a meteor exploded over and if you have a detector, there is a good chance of finding a piece of it up there. I have and so have a lot of others :)
Good luck to you.

Tom H.

Welcome back. I'm sorry to say they still do not look like meteorites, although the pictures are much better. They do not display fusion crust. They appear to be water worn smooth, not flight marked or regmaglypted. Some sort or terrestrial iron ore most likely. Keep looking!

As you requested, here's a few pictures of meteorites I've found recently:

ElMirageAug23-005.jpg

ElMirageSep01-003.jpg

same meteorite above and below

ElMirageSep01-007.jpg

Holbrook2014-004.jpg

Great pics Mike.....

I disagree, Melanie. It will hurt to lie.

I don't think this is called "we'll kiss your behind " meteorite forum :4chsmu1:

Or 'there are no meteor-wrong's only meteor-Rights" forum.

It's more like the, "put on your big kid pants meteorite"(forum) :idunno:

It wont hurt anybody to say "well they may be real"

Or tell other people in the future, who are asking," if they have a meteorite",

That you.. cant be sure from a photo .Or maybe just don't say anything negative

because you really cant say for sure from a photo

Hey Ron,

You have a great eye. No, they're not from Burro Creek, but they are made of obsidian. They actually

have scallops and regmaglypts from eons of being sandblasted by high winds. I found these ventifacts

while hunting for meteorites in November of 2012 in Nevada. They're kind of the equivalent of Libyan Desert Glass,

but black in color, and made of volcanic glass. I completely filled my pockets with them on the hike back to my truck.

Not meteorites, but they're very cool anyway.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

NO. You have something that may be anything from a weathered igneous rock, to slag, to resin out of a bong. This is a meteorite. You tell me why it is, and your mystery item isn't, if you have been doing your math. I love you. I hope that appeals to your sensitive side (which has nothin to do with meteorites). The right side is greener than the left when i cut it open, 'splain that to me Lucy :) Peace.post-27270-0-35947900-1416291307_thumb.jpost-27270-0-46835500-1416291425_thumb.j

My wifes SM33 (Sutter's Mill)

8.5_gram_Sutter%27s_Mill_Meteorite.jpg

http://www.naturesvault.net/expeditions/sutters-mill.html

Edited by weaver hillbille