Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jim straight

Hey Lunk--- whatcha doing?

Lunkeroo... Are you are out there on your annual forage finding the yellow stuff with the "Yellow Brick Man?"

"tailgate"

Hi Jim,

Hope you are well. I am bouncing around Nevada now and headed for Arizona later, was kind of hoping I might bump into Lunk at some point. Never met him but people I know have very nice things to say about the guy.

Lunk is with us up here in northern Nevada! He introduced himself to several of us who had not met him before. I'm sure he will be coming to a town near you soon.

Saw on FB he will be working with Jerry from Jerry's detectors for a spell..... Helping with customers, etc.

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the late reply; I don't visit the forums as often as I used to. I am in fact sitting in the Black Rock Grill (formerly Sturgeon's Restaurant) with Yellow Rock Man and our good friend Neverquit as we speak...they both say hello. I've just begun my annual desert trek and have had a good start finding 1.25 ounces of nuggets in the last 8 days, including a sweet 28-grammer at 15 inches using the Minelab GPX 5000 with the 15x12 Commander mono coil.

- Lunk -

post-23993-0-93203800-1414983917_thumb.j

post-23993-0-16537700-1414983946_thumb.j

Lunk,

Good to meet you and good hunting. Perhaps you should post this as a separate thread so people will see that fine gold you have found.

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel, it was good meeting you and the other nice folks at the Rye Patch outing. Yes, I will be sure to post a new topic.

- Lunk -

Well Lunkeroo O'l friend... Remember the Icmj article... Young Fella I wrote about you? We all

were with Smokey and Jerry at Smokeys "special patch" known as the Big Easy as it gave up

about 30 ounces of nice nuggets during it's early days .... Wow I'm totally impressed that the

four of us were spaced apart and you heard the EEE-yooo from jerrys 2200 D when he found

his first one with it...

Golly this was a long time ago and I know you have posted regarding your"annual trek"

Steve Herschbach.Post on Lunks thread and you will be thrilled regarding Keiths adventures

from and to the hinderlands and I'm sure your trails will cross. If'n you have a copy of Three

Hours to Gold on pg. 105 is shown Lunk me and Jerry.... more later jim

Hello Tailgate,

It's good to hear from you; it has been a dozen years or so since the Big Easy outing, but it still seems like yesterday...good times. I still have a copy of your "Young Fella" article, an honor for sure. Just the other day I came across that picture of us three at the General Store that you mentioned, and I hope I can post it here with your permission:

I do hope to meet up with Steve Herschbach, I enjoy his website - very informative and practical. Perhaps we'll run into each other in Quartzsite if not Rye Patch.

- Lunk -

post-23993-0-92578100-1415157217_thumb.j

Edited by Lunk

Hey Lunk!

I ran into Neverquit a few weeks ago out at Sawtooth. Tell him Digger Bob says hi!

Hey Lunk!

I ran into Neverquit a few weeks ago out at Sawtooth. Tell him Digger Bob says hi!

We'll do, Digger Bob!

Howdy All.... Ol' tailgate here. In Lunks last photo we were at the Randsburg General store enjoying refreshments. That evening

we lived it up at the Sizzler in Ridgecrest... Earlier in the day I met ICMJ author Deviine who was beeping with a Tesoro Supertrak

and as was most familiar with it's secrets and as he walked up to my car and started a conversation I offered a trick that I learned

from David Johnson whom designed the LST for Tesoro... But I was given the raspberry's. Then I saw Lunk and Keith rounding the

curve behind me.... Hah Lunk to you remember what Bob Devine and how he rushed up to us when Sandtrap Jerry mentioned that

Lunk and I were in the first two cars.... However Bob Devine and I are great friends... and it is in my opinion the ICMJ should have

edited out Bob's coments as it did not need to be mentioned...The article was published in 2010... So the photo of us in the Generak

Store was taken about 5-yrars ago (ane we know how young and viral I am.... and poor Sandtrap is looking painful as he was stuck

with the bill and Lunk is really enjoying his hot chocolate. more good stuff about Sandtrap, Keith (Lunk) and Neverquit and Digger

Bob coming up later tailgate jim..

Jim, I sure do remember that day; the three of us had lots of fun. Thanks again for giving me the geologic tour of the region - I'm honored to have imbibed your knowledge...

- Lunk -