Nugget Shooter Forums

GPX 5000

au79ramona

AU79,

Hook up with another experienced hunter on this forum in your area, and you will learn more in a day hunting than a year or two on your own.

Dave.

I found my first 2 pieces of gold with my 5000 using the 11 inch coil that came with it and setting the machine up exactly the way the instructions say on the inside of the front cover.

Now after saying that I have since learned how to set it up for different areas but I'm still learning after owning the machine for 3 years.

Since it is a used machine it would be a great idea to reset it back to factory settings then try the first page. Instructions for that are in the manual or found here................http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/gold-detectors/gpx-5000?view=downloads

Barring an experienced operator ... Read the manual many times ... one section at a time, try it out and then go on to the next. The suggestion made to reset to the original default settings is terrific. If you don't have time to do the basics before you go to Rye Patch ... The GPX5000 works very well with the mono or DD coil with those settings ... use it that way.