Nugget Shooter Forums

WOW, Minelab selling to public now...

Nugget Shooter

Why would a mfr. spend the time & money developing a dealer network then go into competition with their dealers? Never have understood that logic! Cheers, Unc

Reverse psychology boys. There prices are much higher creating the elusion of going to a autherized dealer will save $.

That ploy can also backfire. Some people think that by ordering direct from the manufacturer (even though a dealer may be cheaper) that they can eliminate the middleman and gain a better line of communication and greater standing should any warranty issues arise.

Well so much for loyality to their dealers who are the ones who spent their money,time and stock space for inventory. NOT a thank you for all their loyality and hard work at all. 2 other companies tried this-Compass and Cal-Pro and where are they now -GONE-John :arrowheadsmiley:

From the looks of the models they're using, I'd say they want the Harley upscale yuppy market. "Lifestyle??????"

Somebody in the company has sold them a marketing plan much like a ssalted claim.

Just my o pin yun :yesss:

Wyndham

Even if the prices were near competitive we would choose to buy from Mr. Southern for all the other benefits he has to offer other than just the machine itself.

I agree, customer service is what sells these high dollar machines. Minelab has been selling through box stores for a while but they dont offer the support and training you get from expert nugget hunters like Bill and others. If minelab thinks the machines sell themselves theyre sadly mistaken, we spend our hard earned money in our own communities and we buy from trusted friends and we expect a lot more than just a machine for what we pay. Guys like Bill, and several other respected vendors in az have earned their business and I doubt they will lose one penny from minelab because they have put in the effort and dedication to gain repeat business and offer unmatched customer service. Plus, who wouldnt want to be trained by a pro? Especially when you spend the kind of money it takes to buy a modern pi. In my opinion theres no commpetion there...

There will always be the kind of people ( :2mo5pow:) that will buy direct or from such of Kellyco. Then as soon as they pull the detector out of the box they run to a reputable dealer like Bill and start bragging how they saved $35.00 buying direct. Then they ask for help on how to use the machine.

My reply: sure be more than glad to give you some training. I take ham and cheese sandwiches, your buying. We take my pick-up because I have all my gear in it and it will get us there and back and your buying the fuel. I also charge a modest fee of $100.00 a day that your paying me IN ADVANCE. What day do you want to go? :4chsmu1:

Yes they used to stroll into my store sniveling I can't make it work right. Then tell me how much they saved and I'd always tell'm well that just happens to be exactly what I charge a hour to teach you how to use the thang. Any unit sold always got free outings as very near the beach and there almost everyday detecting,teaching,snorkeling,scuba or surfing when in town. This puts a huge negative for me personally next to their brand as if dealers not supported then why should a dealer support them?? John

Archived