Nugget Shooter Forums

Is this drywasher any good?

Alwaysdirty

Looking at buying a blower drywasher from a guy. Looks like an older machine.

I was wondering if somebody could tell me anything about it.

Here's some pic's of it:

post-27032-0-09095200-1414030058_thumb.jpost-27032-0-40234000-1414030256_thumb.jpost-27032-0-79750500-1414030502_thumb.jpost-27032-0-49255300-1414030517_thumb.jpost-27032-0-21668100-1414030536_thumb.j

Thanks!

Edited by Alwaysdirty

Looks like a decent inexpensive unit. If you are like me and live on a budget I would jump on it for the right price. I probably would pay about $150 for the unit above as it sits (no hose or blower).

Not everyone can afford a $500-$1600 Keene. I wish I could afford one but my strategy is to trade up and eventually get a top of the line unit.

Looks like a smaller unit so you wont be able to feed it to fast, but good back packer.

Edited by ssweat

Cut off the 90 degree elbow as restricts flow and then you can run your engine slower.Your ears and wallet will appreciate that. Open the box please,is there a fan with a offset adjustable weight in the inflow? Then much better. Unit only or engine included as a small ECHO will work just fine with that small a unit. Doesn't look beat up too bad as just a little rust from no use. John

Looks like my Gold Buddy I agree cut that elbow off it puts the hose right under your feet and tailings pile. Check the fan and bearing for fan and the cloth, All easily fixed if needed. If the fan is loose or I should say bearing and if it only has one bearing I can explain how to put two bearings in there and eliminate that problem forever. Bearings are $7-$10 ea. Auto supply store is cheapest

Looks like a decent inexpensive unit. If you are like me and live on a budget I would jump on it for the right price. I probably would pay about $150 for the unit above as it sits (no hose or blower).

Not everyone can afford a $500-$1600 Keene. I wish I could afford one but my strategy is to trade up and eventually get a top of the line unit.

Looks like a smaller unit so you wont be able to feed it to fast, but good back packer.

Good for an ole fart like me that doesnt want to shovel so fast too :old:

Thanks guys,

Ideally I would love to find a 140, right now I can't afford a new one and trying to find a used one is harder than finding gold.

The guy is asking $200 for this one, I'll see if it has the fan with adjustable weight. I've only got $340 to spend on a drywasher or Gold Bug 2. Maybe I will just hold out longer until something comes along. Right now I have a older Keene DW212V but it is heavy and awkward to carry very far from the truck. Maybe I should sell it then I could afford a new 140. :89:

but it is heavy and awkward to carry very far from the truck. Maybe I should sell it then I could afford a new 140. :89:

More head scratching::::...

Can't that rig be collapsed somewhat for transport?

Engineer a way to add a quick-mount axle( use big wing-nuts on threaded studs) with two non-inflatable , high-flotation( sand-rated)dolly wheels, and an easy handhold on the opposite side, well, I can see you dragging it for some distance.

:brows: Or put it in a little red wagon( or bigger)

It can be folded up some but its still kinda heavy and bulky to me. I've been goin down brushy hillsides to my spot so something like a 140 would suit me better.

The tires arent a bad idea for goin up washes though.

Thing is , If you buy the drywasher for 200 ( He is asking way to much BTW ) and it doesen`t recover gold very well,, then your out the 200 and stuck with a crap machine.. You could get the gold bug II which is a proven gold finder and save for the 140. if you get into a good spot the nugs will add up quick with that Gold Bug II..

My 140 is extremely portable for those steep terrain environments or long hike situations.

Looks like the same folding frame-one man's bulky is anothers great. Price? Could always be lower but who,what and where are predicating factors also---such as it's winter--- is the ground wet where you mine--then buy a detector instead as much less work and can you shovel a cubic foot of hardpacked clay dirt every 5 seconds??? That GB2 will check it just fine. Plenty used around as folks have forsaken for GB PRO,I'll keep my GB2 thank you and adjust the gb ala manual-John

I think it looks a little pricey. Are you just starting out and on a tight budget? If so I recommend a vacuum, crevice tools, large gold pan, and a panning tub.

Just changing the way I do things. I'm putting the P.I. aside to hit bedrock with a GB2 instead, then gonna use a blower drywasher to move as much dirt as I can when I find those hot spots with the GB2.

My puffer is good machine that works well, it just doesn't seem to suit my needs. I made a crack vac and love using it, something really fun about cleaning bedrock with it.

Mr. Dirty, The next thing that you will have to make is a trammel. Ask Tom for the plans, it is very inexpensive and does a swell job on the vacuumed dirt. You can run it at home after the days outing. You just have to mark each bucket where you got it from.

Old Tom

Maybe you can trade the puffer toward a blower dry washer; however, the dry washer in the photos does not look very impressive. I think you should keep looking. A recirculating sluice is also an option. I use a recirculating sluice when the ground is too moist for a dry washer but lugging water can be tough. Another issue with using a recirculating sluice in the desert is bees. They can be quite bothersome if it has not rained for a long time and you are using the recirculating sluice in the desert.

One good thing about a dry washer that small, is it can be packed in a duffel bag, along with a pick, shovel, bucket, couple liters of gas, and a blower. I've sone this sampling. Its way too small to run production. My partner has a 151 and that definetly moves material, but we can't take the 151 out and run samples all around a new claim.

That Royal brand does looks good. The only manufacturers of blower type dry washers that I am aware of are:

Gold Buddy

Keene

Royal

Thompson

Pro-Gold/Kicking Donkey

There could be some others out there. They all essentially appear to offer the same features with maybe the exception of the big Keene.