Nugget Shooter Forums

5 Pound Nugget from Butte Foothills

Dang 60 miles from where I lived all my life and I never tripped over it !! Wasn't the biggest nugget for CA found at Magalia ? That only puts these two about 5 miles apart.

Digger Bob... OL' friend I'm truly happy for YOU... WOW, another to add to your poke. You

have the golden touch..

Nice huge nugget! Save it to invest until up to 20 years worthy huge value. If I find huge ones and hide it to avoid greedy IRS!!! :yesss::th_coffeescreen:

It's already at the auction house to sell. I absolutely would never sell as I do coveth what I find,biggies only and that ones a bloody monster,so cool-John :thumbsupanim

When will it be auctioned ?

The poor guy that found it, probably has permanent damage to his hearing, after that puppy blew his headphones off..

Yep… good case for digging all targets. You never know where that big one may be lurking. :Diggin_a_hole:

Thanks for nothing....I just got back from the ER after choking on my pizza! :P
Unbelievable find!

What a awesome life changer for the guy that found it :)
Tom H.

When will it be auctioned ?

According to this article, it will go on sale Thursday (tomorrow?), in San Francisco at the San Francisco Fall Antique show.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Giant-gold-nugget-hits-the-market-in-S-F-5838424.php

"Here we go again — what is believed to be the biggest gold nugget found in modern times in California’s historic Gold Country is going on sale Thursday in San Francisco.

This 6.07-pound whopper is being sold by Tiburon coin dealer Don Kagin, the same dealer who is selling the $10 million worth of gold coins that made such a stir this year after they were found in a couple’s backyard in the Sierra.

The “Butte Nugget,” so named because it was found by a gold hunter in the Butte County mountains, will be unveiled at the prestigious San Francisco Fall Antiques Show. The show opens Thursday at Fort Mason.

The owner of the nugget asked Kagin to keep his name and the location of the find secret, a standard practice for anyone afraid of being swarmed by treasure-seekers and thugs. Kagin’s staff is still assessing the worth of the nugget and expects it to carry a price tag of $350,000 or more."

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I was off on a prospecting trip to Nevada when the story broke. I knew it was coming but didn't know when. Just got back last night with only a few little pickers to show.

Anyway, I've been holding onto this story since July, not being able to say anything. And actually I can't add too much to it. Just about everything I can say was said in the video. Truly awesome to hold.

I'll see if I can post some pics of it being dug up.

Dang, I can't find the link on here to post pictures. Help!

Digger Bob