Nugget Shooter Forums

I was expecting some gold tonight...

WTH are you guys doing? Been quiet all day, so i think ya'll been prospecting. hmmmm... :tisk-tisk:

Plating stuff this weekend and working on the Yoto.....will be out there pounding washes next weekend :)
Tom H.

Getting ready to leave next week. Will be in the desert all winter :Just_Cuz_06:

Tons of stuff to repair and get ready....

GL to ya Dave...got geet it! :)

Tom H.

Oh well :th: guess my fix can wait....sniff

What Tom said Dave...geet it!! GL!

• Like 1

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, all work and much less play is a pain for sure. Being responsible is for the birds but bachelor life is worth it for sure-John :old:

My friend Gary got here on the 14th and we've been spending 12-14 hours a day since then trying to get his luggage out of customs in San Paulo, Brazil that American Airlines screwed up. In the luggage he has a GP 3500 and his new Garrett ATX plus bunches of other stuff.

He will most likely have to go back to San Paulo tomorrow to pick up his trunks now that they finally found them.

Maybe its still to hot :inocent::idunno:

:4chsmu1: Horsefeathers!

It's not even 70F 12 mi NNW of Rich Hill @5000' and maybe 79 in the big city of Wickenburg.

Edited by weaver hillbille

... a GP 3500 and his new Garrett ATX plus bunches of other stuff.

He will most likely have to go back to San Paulo tomorrow to pick up his trunks now that they finally found them.

Fingers are crossed for your friend's safe return with detector's in tow.

OK you asked for it and I'll give you a laugh also as all 5 totaled less than 3/4/ gram and thin thin thin-Previously detected spot,knife edge thin crack,took a screwdriver and wire brush to get them outta there. All that work and time and no weight but was glad that vibration mode worked and the light helped this ol'fart find them on a cloudy overcast day---well a magnifier also :old: John

post-23710-0-17338200-1413983630_thumb.j

post-23710-0-87350300-1413983766_thumb.j

HJ can you get a high banker in there?

My buddy left yesterday for the San Paulo airport. He got to spend the entire night sleeping in those over padded airport chairs.

This morning early he was a the customs counter but they told him to wait for the 14 International flights arriving. Then he emailed me that he might get to see the customs people around 1600 which would make it to late for a return trip up here with the trunks.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

My friend with the two detectors in the trunks is now in the state capitol. He cleared customs around noon and now has the two trunks in hand. Locks are gone, one of the hasp has been torn off.

He'll be here at my house 0400 tomorrow and then we can take inventory. Hope no parts of the metal detectors are missing. After a week and now 36 hours of stress he'll want to sleep awhile.

• Like 1

Sure glad I had none of those issues.....what a PIA

WOW sounds like the trip from hell and luggage destroyed sure adds injury to insult. Hope he finds a few pounds to help offset expenses-John

HALLELUJAH! Old Gary made it here at 0540 on the 23rd.

He slept all night in the comfortable airport chairs then the Feds told him to wait his turn, which just happened to be after 14 International flights were worked.

Finally got his turn just before lunch. The Fed he talked to the day before told him it was somebody else he would have to talk to. When he stepped up to the customs desk guess who was staring him in the face.

The trunks were brought out and the contents looked like they had been stirred with a pitch fork. No time to take inventory but the two main items were there, the ATX and the GP 3500. So they told him to move on and without a word he did just that.

We still can't figure out why they didn't charge him the $1,000.00 or so he should have paid but we're not complaining.

Got a good inventory completed and all that was missing was about 10 of his power bars. Talk about luck!

So we beeped last Fri. and Sat. Today being Sun. and election day we headed out again at 0530. Got about 25 miles from the house and a awful noise started in the area of the new clutch I had replaced last week. Possible throw out bearing so at 20 miles an hour to keep down the RPM's we got back to the house. Other bad luck today is since it's election day no beer is being served in the city.

Back to the mech tomorrow.

:th: bummer to have your throw out thrown up.....sounds like somebody likes power bars but a GREAT tradeoff for a $1,000 for sure-John :brows: