Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gaius

I need some suggestions

I think the problem is that Adam and boulder dash already cleared all the gold from the desert.

They wish! :4chsmu1:

Hey Adam... define "small" areas? :89:

I just pick a dozen or so washes and eliminate them one at a time.

on our claim here in Utah I sample by post hole digger im to old for hand sample so I use a gas powered digger you can rent at home depot or a rental place I test drill down to 4 feet with just a pan first if I find even 1 flake I mark it on paper then move 6 ft test again then go in the other direction. testing about 6 feet from the first find. almost always you will hit more or less just move in the direction you find the most then start there. seems simple but it solves how deep.... in what direction ...and the big one is there gold here....... and saves the back till you find the spot, to brake your back,, getting that sweet gold..... good luck

Grim--

How's the luck with the post hole digger? The ICMJ had an article about it and they gave a luke warm reaction saying its too likely to mix layers of dirt in, so a sample when the digger was 2' deep could have come from anywhere between the surface and the depth of the drill.

on our claim here in Utah I sample by post hole digger

You must have perfect soil. Here in AZ, even truck mounted units have one helluva time digging in our cobblestoned caliche.

I think it would work in some of our desert washes, at lease the ones with so much overburden you wouldnt sample with a detector. It would definately mix up the layers but might still be a good starting point before more thorough sampling techniques like miners moss flip flops are brought in.