Nugget Shooter Forums

Not good.....

Nugget Shooter

What a hoot-unsafe levels of ph hahaha. PH is the acidity or alkalinity of water and NO hazardous materials found. Ugly yes but what a over reaction,just dig a couple a ponds and let it drop out. Not a EPA hazardous site just some red clay mud??? The sky is falling chicken Little but yes not good PR as harmless means nothing anymore as all soundbites as this article. Dam them miners forevermore....ya right till ya need gas,steel,glass,cars or cement. John :grr01:

Well all I can say is you should of seen the colorful sludge sludge leaking from the

copper waste dumps in the 1930-40's at the "copper camps" such as Ely, White Pine County,

and the Rio Tinto in Mountain city in Elko County. The same in the copper mines through

out the cordillera... Copper was needed during WW-2... We were in a serious shooting war.

Ugly, yet colorful leakage into the arroyo open trench passing through the Town of Ely.

We kids would find a nice square nail and toss it in the running sludge and soon it was

copper plated and sometimes we would find someone who would give us a nickel for one and

we would buy a large bottle of Hires Root Beer... Memories Precious... Today the sludge

is gone and the open trench is now in a sewer pipe and it is dry. Over the years there

has been much clean up... Today with modern methods I can truly say over the past 70 odd

years through out the mining centers there has been great effort by locals and mining

corporations to clean up....

Well, that story has turned into a bill introduced to congress Friday to tax and restrict hardrock mining!!!! Freakin' libtards!

Well all I can say is you should of seen the colorful sludge sludge leaking from the

copper waste dumps in the 1930-40's at the "copper camps" such as Ely, White Pine County,

and the Rio Tinto in Mountain city in Elko County. The same in the copper mines through

out the cordillera... Copper was needed during WW-2... We were in a serious shooting war.

Ugly, yet colorful leakage into the arroyo open trench passing through the Town of Ely.

We kids would find a nice square nail and toss it in the running sludge and soon it was

copper plated and sometimes we would find someone who would give us a nickel for one and

we would buy a large bottle of Hires Root Beer... Memories Precious... Today the sludge

is gone and the open trench is now in a sewer pipe and it is dry. Over the years there

has been much clean up... Today with modern methods I can truly say over the past 70 odd

years through out the mining centers there has been great effort by locals and mining

corporations to clean up....

Jim:

I can remember going through Globe/Miami and seeing all kinds of colorful water puddles on the sides of the road.

Mostly blue/green.

If I was in that area living I think I would have been getting bottled water to drink! :)

Tom