Nugget Shooter Forums

Viking treasure hoard found

Some people have all the fun - Yahoo News 10/13/2014: 1000-year old Viking treasure hoard found in Scotland

LONDON (Reuters) - A hoard of Viking gold and silver artifacts dating back over 1,000 years has been discovered by a treasure hunter with a metal detector in Scotland, in a find hailed by experts as one of the country's most significant. Derek McLennan, a retired businessman, uncovered the 100 items in a field in Dumfriesshire, southwest Scotland, in September.

Full Story - http://news.yahoo.com/1000-old-viking-treasure-hoard-found-scotland-111420299.html

Hi Gaius,

The photo of the silver arm-ring being examined by Darren Webster, makes me think of an armored

chondrule shown in the cross-section of a meteorite slice.

Ben

Edited by Regmaglitch

Hi Gaius,

The article about the finding of a viking hoard, makes me think of the Viking I, and Viking II

missions to mars in 1976 where, among other experiments, the landers studied meteorite impact

craters. Cool.

Ben

Edited by Regmaglitch

Hi Adam,

I didn't realize that Viking hoards in Scotland were meteorite related. I think maybe Gaius

is trying to say that vikings had swords, and swords are made out of metal, and some meteorites

are mostly metal, while others have just a small percentage in their make up. Right? I mean,

that MUST be it. Otherwise..........................why try foolishness (WTF).