Nugget Shooter Forums

Road Wash

TomH

Hey all:
Dad and I were able to get out today and ran into Wade and another guy.

They had been camping for 2 days and were in skunksville.

I suggested that we try a spot close to where I had gotten some small gold before.

Dad and I took off and let them eat their viddles.

Got to the spot and decided to detect the road. The wash runs right down the main road in this area.

5 mins into it I get a signal on bedrock...look down and its a sunbaker! DOH!

Found another on up on the outside bend. Bout this time Wade shows up and decides to do some placering with the GB2...hes digging out a area and calls me over...laying right there up on some bedrock is another sunbaker :)
I detected farther up the road and get a reverse signal. There is some trash in this wash so im figuring its a piece of tin..well, about 10 inches down out comes a nice fat 3 grammer. YAH!

The other guy found a nice fat nug up a side wash.

Was a great day out for sure and the good Lord blessed us all with some gold.

My total was 4.9 grams...donno what Wades is...hes still up there turning the road upside down :)
Tom

post-25308-0-76160200-1413156492_thumb.j

post-25308-0-19705100-1413156501_thumb.j

post-25308-0-29583400-1413156510_thumb.j

• Like 2

I want to hunt Arizona. Went near Randsburg this weekend for a couple of days and nada ... zip ... NOTHING. I've got to go where the rain washed hard all summer long. :)

Thanks again for helping us break the skunk Toms. I ended up with 2.96 grams. Also no gold was found after you left.

SWEET!! :)

Maybe we shouldn't have left :)

Im just glad everyone got some.

Tom

Edited by TomH

I want to hunt Arizona. Went near Randsburg this weekend for a couple of days and nada ... zip ... NOTHING. I've got to go where the rain washed hard all summer long. :)

The bradshaws were ripped up this year....lots of new ground to hunt :)

Tom

I hike for miles and get skunked, you guys find nuggets in the road! Im doing it wrong haha nice going!

Oh believe me, I hike for miles and miles and get skunked too! More often than I find gold.

I've hit this area in the past and found nothing but junk.

The monsoons tore it up and dumped gold in it. Just have to figure out where its coming from :)

I did dig up a really beautiful lug nut that was about 1 1/2 foot deep with a extra small nut in the same hole as a bonus :).

Tom H.

Tom you guys found two sunbakers in one day! Rare to find one. I hope you find more nuggets in there. those monsoons moved a lot of dirt in some areas. :) AzNuggetBob

Tom don't forgot the nail too. 3 trash targets one hole.

yah...that stupid nail...tried to forget about that :)

It sure was a good deep trashy dig :))

Tom

Tom you guys found two sunbakers in one day! Rare to find one. I hope you find more nuggets in there. those monsoons moved a lot of dirt in some areas. :) AzNuggetBob

Sure thing on the sunbakers. First one for me :) but when your with a guy that has 5\5 vision for gold...heck....he will spot em :)

Tom H.

Lots of congrats to you all for finding some gold and the stories. Hoping to be out there soon myself and bump into y'all. Good luck! :Just_Cuz_06: